Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th July 2008, 11:38   #31
BHPian

complted 1200 KM and first service.
Experiences so far:
The car:
The car drives real nice.
+ves:
FE I got before first service is 17.11 tank to tank.
Engine is very smooth and silent
Suspension is nice and the back seat is very comfortable
-ves:
Tyres are wide but lack grip
Quality of parts are far far below than Skoda. Opened rear seta to fit the seat cover the supporting plate is not even painted and has rust spots., Dashboard plastic is pretty bad already started to get scratches my UNO, octavia or even bolero didn't get scratches even after five years.
No smal nick nack holder in the boot.
No foot rest for the left foot. my UNO had it even in 1998
Front seatrs are bad in support neck aches happen in long drives.
Rear visibility is poor. Parking sensors are mandatory.

The Service:
The service experience is ok. Total bill came Rs 597 including engine oil and tax. The oil used is Servo 15W40 not the delvac 1300 super meeting ACEA B3. Didn't like this part. Everything else was ok. Service advisor is very patient and caring. Gave the updates after reasonable intervals.

Please suggest which is the best service station in KOLKATA to service diesel swift. Who uses good oil atleast.

Queries:
Had been to glix and found pete box ready. Should I wait till 5000 KM or can I put now? Can I keep stock air filter and stock tires (185/70) for now. As I have only 30000 with me now. Or should I wait till finances work out a bit.
Have checked VKool proce is coming 10500. LLumar coming at 8500 and Garware ICE Cool with 5 year warranty coming at 7000 all including front windshield as well. Is Garware that bad? Glix is suggesting icecool.
sinhsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:22   #32
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2008 at 16:14.
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2008, 11:55   #33
BHPian

congratulations,for your new car

regarding the build quality,i hope u cant compare Dzire with that of a skoda and that of a UNO(98) as they of different price bands and time periods.

as 90's M800 plastic quality is will be way better than todays M800's ,but still cheaper in those days...

regarding the tyres i hope you should seriously think about stuff like XM1 and potenza's
as rubbers from JK's and Apollos wont give te grips levels you anticipate..

I have booked a ZDI silky silver on 23rd april , its over three months now, and when i spoke with the dealer last week he said i may get my machine in 2 months

may be i am bit too much determined not to pay any premium i suppose...
so still waiting to grab my VFM machine...
thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 17:10   #34
BHPian

Thumbs up 7000 Km and second service done

Did second free service from Mohan Motors after 5100 KM. Regular washing and cleaning. No oil change. Service cost none. Requested tire rotation and wheel balancing as that as free for corporate customers but service advisor said that it is not necessary at 5K service.
Mohan motors is better equipped than Auto Hitech but I think Maruti Service Centers are not yet complete ready to service diesel cars.
When I asked about the oil they use they could just say 15W 40. They said for diesel they are not sure about the brand. When I asked about ACEA B3 API CG4 or CH4 it sounded greek to them. But overall ok service.
One of my friend owns swift zxi with Michelin XM1. We exchanged the tires for
some days to feel the difference. The car felt much better but still straight line stability at high speed (120 to 140) was not very good. Cross Wind turbulance was playing hard also. Car is surprisingly good on curves though. I had an idea that swift is pretty stable car. Is this specific to dzire. Swift owners' comment please.
If I do some positive toe in turn in may suffer but will the stability be improved perceivably? Anybody tried this? For me as lot of highway travel on straight road on NH2 is regular, I think I will try the same and update.
P.S. Mileage is steadily increasing. Getting 18.2 with 30% city drive and 100% AC.
P.S. I am gifted with a daughter 3 months back. I have got an infant seat and a baby seat both from graco. I don't think dzire has ISOFIX. Is it possible to retrofit them? Life will be lot easier.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:08   #35
BHPian

the waiting period for the VDi has coem to 7 months at my place and for a VXi its jus hardly 1 and half months!!!
ariendj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
the waiting period for the VDi has coem to 7 months at my place and for a VXi its jus hardly 1 and half months!!!
Is that because the demand is still so high. Or the production is not increased yet. I heared MUL increased the production. So it seems that never happened.

Gurus,
Any suggestion on
1.ISOFIX retrofit option.
2.Positive toe in to increase straightline stability at high speed.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif
Old 24th October 2008, 19:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Is that because the demand is still so high. Or the production is not increased yet. I heared MUL increased the production. So it seems that never happened.
hmm...when did they start producing more of dzires.cause i don't see any difference.
Old 25th October 2008, 15:11   #38
BHPian

Cool

btw do dzires hav MGA body kits lik SX4s !!
if so are there any links with pictures!!
Old 25th October 2008, 18:32   #39
BHPian

Mods,
Please edit the name of the thread to "A Journey with DZire ZDI 7000KM so far"
And can we move this thread to long term ownership forum?
Old 27th March 2009, 12:47   #40
BHPian

Completed 12000 Kms
I owned a Toyota Corolla in USA. I feel what Toyota is in USA, Maruti is in India. Affordable both for purchase, fuel cost and maintenance, good ***, boringly reliable :-).
It does it's daily chores without making any fuss. Goes for shopping trips, office trips, weekend long drives on various terrain ( certain roads in west bengal can easily challenge some OTR routes), regular airport pick and drop for family etc etc.
It seems no problem for so long is dull stage of life. My OCTY surely comes in as a good filler there. But let's stay on topic.

Positives:
  • Consistent fuel economy of 15 to 17 KMPL in city with 100% AC, and 18 to 23 KMPL on long drives with 100% AC
    Nice AC. Cools comfortably without making any power sap evident.
    Nice ground clearance. If it doesn't touch it's belly on village roads on west bengal, i would consider it will not be any problem in any motorable road in the world.
    Good mid range pick up, and a comfortable cruiser. Can cruise on 120 KMPH all day without any feel of stress.
    Well laid out trunk. Could swallow all the luggages my sister could fit in her Camry while coming for India visit.
    Good back seat comfort. Firm and laid back seating position.
    Good ride comfort. Can swallow pot holes in moderate speed with aplomb.
    No rattling so far.
    Haven't got a single puncture all this while with stock vectras. Ok ok it's superstition but gives lots of piece of mind

Now Negatives:
  • very evident turbo lag.sometime a pain to drive in city.
    noisy at cold start
    top range is not great (may be OCTY spoilt me here).
    a little higher maintenance cost in terms of price of filters, and fluids. But after maintaining OCTY for 7 years even mercedes maintenance will feel like breeze to me I think.
    Not as nimble as swift on hilly roads.
    No dead pedal. A real pain on long drives.
    No proper bottle holder in front.

Modifications planned after the recession:
  1. Stanley nappa leather interior
    Michelin XM1 +
    Speakers to be upgraded to JBL
    Pete's tuning box.
Old 27th March 2009, 17:12   #41
BANNED

sinshsha, congrats on your purchase. Seems after your purchase there has been long long waiting times for dzires now, keep updating and post some of her pics.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 22:31   #42
BHPian

Completed 20000 KM
Due to being off the country could not log many miles. Just completed 20K. Got fourth service done.
Service experience:
Gave the car for fourth service to the dealer point AutoHitec with regular paid service (except oil and coolant change, see below), and four problems as 1. A scratch in rear bumper to be touched, 2. Replacement of third brake light as broken by my daughter , 3. Cd is not getting out on pressing eject on system or on remote but on disconnecting battery poles 4. A little squeak from suspension. 5. Brake cleaning
They did all except point 3. Total bill came to Rs 3500. I am very happy about the service except the music system thing. They asked me to call Nippon as the system is by them now Nippon says the warranty is over as it was one year warranty and they will charge Rs 470 plus parts cost. Now the system came with car. Car is covered under 2(standard) and 2(extented) years of warranty. Why I should take the pain of hunting the service station and pay from my pocket. Please suggest.

Incident:
All 20000KM went like breeze except one major incident. Was going bhubaneshwar from kolkata in night. Road was concrete and magnificent with proper sign boards but just before baleswar one 10' by 10' concrete block was missing and as a result a 10' by 10' by 3" pothole was there. I was driving at 140 KMPH and as a result the car bumped in and hit the concrete and resulted in busted oil chamber, left suspension, bent alloys both front, tyre damage both front, catalytic converter damge, exhaust pipe damage and few others. No external damage at all. Got the car towed to kolkata. After 2 months wait ( due to parts non-availability even after chasing maruti few times) got the car back as new. Total bill came to Rs 69000 out of which Rs 32000 was for cat, and it included, oil change, coolant change and all and my liability as Rs 11000.

Overall ownership:
Hasslefree ownership. Bhpians please suggest what should I do about the eject issue of music system. My wife is driving the car daily to and fro work and baby crèche with my daughter onboard on car seat. I am driving my old UNO now a days. She is fine and never complains anything about the car so that what I call peace of mind.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:44   #43
BHPian

Moderators please change the title to 20000KM completed.
BHPians please share your comments on music system issue.
What is norm of factory fitted music systems? The car warranty covers this or not? I couldnt find any specifics regarding the same in the warranty information.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:50   #44
BHPian

Moderators please change the title to 20000KM completed. And please move the thread to long term review.

BHPians please share your comments on music system issue.
What is norm of factory fitted music systems? The car warranty covers this or not? I couldnt find any specifics regarding the same in the warranty information.
Old 20th November 2009, 11:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

A very good car and good choice. My relative has the same vehicle and we have made so many trips in that. very good vehiccle to drive and very smooth. Congrats
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote