Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th June 2010, 12:07   #61
BHPian

Hi Sinsha,

I have just booked Dezire Diesel and waiting to get the delivery. How is your dezire performance in terms of :
1) FE
2) Pick Up
3) Performance in City Traffic
4) Suspension and comfort during long drives /City ride- bad roads
5) AC
6) total spend on the servicing till date?

I know I am asking too much questions but pls see if you can give some info.

Thanks,

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 14:59   #62
BHPian

Hi Ricky,
Please find my opinions in line.

1) FE
Great. 15 to 16 KMPL in kolkata with 100% AC. 19 to 21 kmpl in long drives with 100% AC. 22 to 24 KMPL with no AC on long drives.
2) Pick Up
Great after 2000 RPM. Strong midrange ( 40 to 120 KMPH). Lot of fun.
Poor.
Very pronounced turbo lag till 1900 RPM. Struggles in bumper to bumper drive.
Moderate. Mine has stock JK vectras. May be for that but suspension was silent and comfortable till 10000 KM. Now suspension is not very comfortable. Lot of suspension and tire noise. Very bad ride on bad roads compared to fiesta/verna of friends'.
5) AC
Very nice climate control. cools pretty fast and very comfortable cooling even at 48C ambient temperature.
Approx Rs 10000 till now (35000KM).
sinhsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 18:22   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
Hi Ricky,
Please find my opinions in line.

1) FE
Great. 15 to 16 KMPL in kolkata with 100% AC. 19 to 21 kmpl in long drives with 100% AC. 22 to 24 KMPL with no AC on long drives.
2) Pick Up
Great after 2000 RPM. Strong midrange ( 40 to 120 KMPH). Lot of fun.
Poor.
Very pronounced turbo lag till 1900 RPM. Struggles in bumper to bumper drive.
Moderate. Mine has stock JK vectras. May be for that but suspension was silent and comfortable till 10000 KM. Now suspension is not very comfortable. Lot of suspension and tire noise. Very bad ride on bad roads compared to fiesta/verna of friends'.
5) AC
Very nice climate control. cools pretty fast and very comfortable cooling even at 48C ambient temperature.
Approx Rs 10000 till now (35000KM).
Hi Sinhsha,

Thanks a lot!!

Thats very neat and short reply. Can you elaborate a bit the below term you mentioned?
"Very pronounced turbo lag till 1900 RPM"

I am planning to change to Michelins as soon as I get the delivery . I think it may help.

On FE , I use more in highways and the climate is good here so we need less AC so I guess it will be good.

Overall how do you feel after clocking 33333Kms and almost 2 years I guess, If you rate in the range of 5?

Regards,

Tarkesh
Ricky_3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:42   #64
BHPian

What an experience. Sorry no pics.
This monday morning I was driving back from my native (250 KM from Kolkata) through NH2. Was doing 100 to 110 KMPH. It is 7 in the morning. Nice empty road. Was halfway. Suddenly a banging sound and then a LOUD rumble. Car pulls to left and then somehow I could stop the car.
Went out and saw that my front left tire (stock JK Vectra 185/70R14) vertically got split in half. Inner half still on rim and outer half got curled inside the other half.
My brother is a tire dealer. We have seen many a type of tire manage but never saw something like this.
In the incident my tire well lining got busted.
Anyway changes to spare wheel and called the customer relationship manager at auto hitech service center and asked if i shoul contact jk or maruti. He confirmed that as the tire came with the car it will be them who will do the necessary things on my behalf. Did I mention I love Maruti especially having a skoda, a hyundai, a mahindra in the family.
I drove straight to them. They removed the tire gave a spare tire of reasonable condition and replaced the wheel well lining.
Though they didn't have the MGA mud flap.
Anyway today I called and they have confirmed that they have sent the tire to JK and awaiting a response.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

sinhsha, the turbo lag would be similar to swift VDI if i am not mistaken. its the same engine. is the extra weight causing more turbo lag? I think not.

i had been to natula way back in 1988. awesome place!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 10:15   #66
BHPian

Default Re: Booked White DZire ZDI on March 27th UPDATE: completed 33333 KM with style

Peted finally.
After 55000 KM, have installed pete's tuning box. It was long overdue.
Buying experience was seamless. Delivered within 3 days.
Installed myself. Pretty easy.
Difference is not as expected yet. Driven 50 KM after installation.
According to Pete's helpline guys for swift it should show effect from the time of installation itself.
May be my expectations were too high. Still on stock filter. As pete's is out of stock for Green Filter for swift.
Ordered K&N replacement filter. Yet to receive the same.
According to wifey driveability has increased.
Will update after installing K&N.