Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:47   #301
BHPian
 
mitrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 136
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

vnabhi, do not get too worried about the headlight situation.

My Fiesta does exactly the same some times. I brought this to the notice of the service center and they told me that the switch needs to be replaced, and they advised me wait a few more days for the problem to get more acute.

This happens to me say, once in 15 days. I think the contact somehow gets shorted. Even switching off the engine and taking out the key does not help. I have to toggle the switch on and off a few times and the light switches off.

One thing I have noticed though is that it does not switch on by itself. But refuses to switch off when I want it to.

I dont think it is a wiring issue, but the switch is faulty.
mitrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:39   #302
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
vnabhi, do not get too worried about the headlight situation.

My Fiesta does exactly the same some times. I brought this to the notice of the service center and they told me that the switch needs to be replaced, and they advised me wait a few more days for the problem to get more acute.

This happens to me say, once in 15 days. I think the contact somehow gets shorted. Even switching off the engine and taking out the key does not help. I have to toggle the switch on and off a few times and the light switches off.

One thing I have noticed though is that it does not switch on by itself. But refuses to switch off when I want it to.

I dont think it is a wiring issue, but the switch is faulty.
Thanks a lot. I've not seen the symptom after that episode. I do switch on the parking lights and fog lamps when I enter and leave the office parking located on the 3rd floor. Perhaps, when I switched off the lights on exiting the building, the headlamps remained on, but i did not notice as it was around 515 pm, when the sunlight was intense.

It was only after half an hour that I could see them on, when I reached the IOC bunk.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 13:29   #303
BHPian
 
rapideffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks a lot. I've not seen the symptom after that episode. I do switch on the parking lights and fog lamps when I enter and leave the office parking located on the 3rd floor. Perhaps, when I switched off the lights on exiting the building, the headlamps remained on, but i did not notice as it was around 515 pm, when the sunlight was intense.

It was only after half an hour that I could see them on, when I reached the IOC bunk.
Hey, I too noticed the same symptom twice in my car. I think the high beam switch (stalk) may be the culprit but not sure. Both the times the stalk was locked, when released the head lamps switched off. Just check it next time if you encounter the same issue.
rapideffect is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 17:14   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Hey, I too noticed the same symptom twice in my car. I think the high beam switch (stalk) may be the culprit but not sure. Both the times the stalk was locked, when released the head lamps switched off. Just check it next time if you encounter the same issue.
That exactly matches what I suspected was wrong in my car, but as I was not sure, I did not post it. If you've read my earlier post, the lights switched off only after I started the car, put the lights on, and moved from high beam to low beam, and then switched off the lights.

Had I not moved the high beam stalk, perhaps the lights would have remained on---but I need to try that only next time the symptom appears.

When I was experimenting with that stalk, I found that after flashing the high beam when the lights are off, if the stalk is not fully released, the headlamps do remain on, though not on high beam. As a result, we don't get to see that blue high-beam symbol on the dashboard, and might think the lights are no longer on.

I hardly use the car at night time, and that could be the reason for that stalk getting a bit stiff. Let me see how it goes. If needed, a WD 40 spray on the base of the stalk should do the trick of making it smooth.

Thanks for the feedback.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 21:37   #305
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Folks

The 'Red Injun' is 5 years old today! I'm loving it more and more with each passing day.

Here is a pic taken during delivery.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-picture-097.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 11:30   #306
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Folks

Here is an update on the Red Injun:--
  1. The engine system/ drive train warning light is no longer troubling me for the past 2 months. Let me see if it recurs in the next winter.
  2. The freak incident of an extra-terrestrial switching my headlights on did hot recur, thankfully.
With nearly 32 k on the odo, it continues to draw a smile on my face whenever I take it out for a spin.


My plans are to go in for a new set of tyres (Yoko S or Michelin XM2) when the odo reaches 40 K, which might be in a year's time.


I look forward to crunch many more miles with the Red Injun.

I have one question for Fiesta owners. How can I bring the shine back on the stock alloys? The alloys are no longer as clean and shining as the ones in the pic above. I tried with some alloy cleaning solution ,but the result was less than my expectations.

Last edited by vnabhi : 31st March 2012 at 11:33.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 11:51   #307
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 280 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Oh!! Forgot the happy 5th Birthday post of your "Red Injun".
Belated Happy Birthday to your Red Injun!!

I see a same color Ikon as your Fiesta being delivered too. Ikon looks nice in dark colors.
I think there are post on cleaning your alloys on the detailing thread. You should head there.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 17:05   #308
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Oh!! Forgot the happy 5th Birthday post of your "Red Injun".
Belated Happy Birthday to your Red Injun!!

I see a same color Ikon as your Fiesta being delivered too. Ikon looks nice in dark colors.
I think there are post on cleaning your alloys on the detailing thread. You should head there.
Thanks Manish. Yes, I shall post the query on that thread, as the chances of getting a reply are faster over there.

I will also find out from the FNG where you got your car done up, if he can help.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 20:17   #309
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

One thing I was really not happy with was with the Ford Alloys that I'd got. Over the years, they seemed to have lost their shine, and also appeared dirty, despite my cleaner washing them daily.

I did try cleaning with an alloy cleaning liquid some time ago, but was not happy with the result. Moreover, it was extremely tiring.

So I ventured to an FNG nearby who had painted my front bumper last year. He agreed to give it a try for around 200 INR. He deployed a boy who painstakingly rubbed a liquid for nearly 2.5 hours.

Finally, the result was good, though the current state is not as good as the original gleam when the car was new (see post 305).

Here is what they look like now.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-20120415_121938_44.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-20120415_121945_738.jpg
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 17:43   #310
BHPian
 
mitrajdeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 136
Thanked: 90 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

I do not have alloys on my car , so can not comment on how to clean them.

But your alloys look good to me. What liquid did he use ? Any idea ?

Did you consider repainting them ?
mitrajdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 18:03   #311
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
I do not have alloys on my car , so can not comment on how to clean them.

But your alloys look good to me. What liquid did he use ? Any idea ?

Did you consider repainting them ?

Thanks, but they were looking bad before the cleaning job. He said he used 3M solution but I will cross-check.

I am not sure if alloys can be painted in chrome colour, and how long that will last.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 15:21   #312
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 977 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I'm also facing this Exclamation mark light going on during cold starts in the morning. There will be no response to throttle input when the light is on. On second crank the light goes off.
Update on the above issue. Forget about cold, it's bloody hot in Chennai and the issue still exists in my Fiesta.

Left it at the Service Centre and SA says the DTC Error Code is P061D_60 and they are cleaning the throttle body. If it still exists they'll replace it seems.

As usual confusion. The DTC format is P1234 and I'm unable to trace any data for P061D_60.

Guys, please throw some light if possible!
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 22:35   #313
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Update on the above issue. Forget about cold, it's bloody hot in Chennai and the issue still exists in my Fiesta.

Left it at the Service Centre and SA says the DTC Error Code is P061D_60 and they are cleaning the throttle body. If it still exists they'll replace it seems.

As usual confusion. The DTC format is P1234 and I'm unable to trace any data for P061D_60.

Guys, please throw some light if possible!
Sorry, I got to read your post only now. I guess by now your issue might have been resolved. Any updates?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 13:37   #314
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,536
Thanked: 977 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry, I got to read your post only now. I guess by now your issue might have been resolved. Any updates?
No issues vnabhi.

The Throttle Body had gone kaput and it was replaced under warranty. No issues now.

This site has a lot of info on the Ford DTCs:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...et&kevin=rules
kiku007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 13:55   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,037
Thanked: 1,038 Times
Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
No issues vnabhi.

The Throttle Body had gone kaput and it was replaced under warranty. No issues now.

This site has a lot of info on the Ford DTCs:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...et&kevin=rules
That's good to know. At least your car was under warranty. If not, the cost would be a lot, I guess.

I've visited the site in the url above, but there are too many links. I think those links are for the new Fiesta, and not the Classic.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love dhanushmenon Long-Term Ownership Reviews 81 10th June 2015 20:18
NEED Inputs to FINALISE: Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi or Diesel 1.4 TDCi SXi. Specific query sachinchavan Sedans 17 26th September 2012 00:00
ford fiesta SXI after Ford IKON nxt amolathalye Sedans 10 24th February 2009 10:19
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi/ Honda City Gxi / VTEC udit78 Sedans 58 31st August 2006 13:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks