Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th December 2014, 13:04   #526
Senior - BHPian

Default re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Congrats Abhinav on your acquisition of the only NA petrol driver's machine this side of 10L. Is it a used car or new Classic 1.6(asking since your sig mentions 'Fiesta' without 'Classic') Please start an ownership thread soon as there are zero ownership reports of Classic 1.6 on the internet. This machine is surely tempting as it is cheaper than many B2 segment diesel hatches. I'm planning to book a car soon. My mind is telling Bolt/Figo Diesel, where as heart is telling Classic 1.6 Titanium
Thanks for the wishes!! Its a New Fiesta Classic 1.6 Titanium & you are right. It is the best NA petrol drivers machine for the current price it is going for. Go for the Classic you will not regret the decision!

As for the discussion about the odo light not going off, I checked it without unlocking the car last night after it had been parked for about 30 minutes and the odo light was off. So no cause for concern with that matter.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 13:12   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile View Post
I wanted to know if the odometer lights switch off after you lock the car? Mine seems to stay on. Also there are two reverse lights right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
So the odo lights stay on for about 5 mins and then go off.
IIRC there is an edition/version with just one reverse light.

The odo light stays on for around 5 to 10 minutes after switching off (did not measure the exact time), but anything longer than that should be reported to Ford A.S.S.

Quote:
This machine is surely tempting as it is cheaper than many B2 segment diesel hatches. I'm planning to book a car soon. My mind is telling Bolt/Figo Diesel, where as heart is telling Classic 1.6 Titanium
Don't listen to your mind. I listened to my heart and bought this nearly 8 years back, and am still smiling. It was only yesterday that I parked it at a complex just beside the car that my mind was telling me to buy: The All New Honda City vtec edition.

I peeped into it and found the interiors yucky to my taste. The fake wook on the gear console made things look worse. I do remember it has a free-revving engine, but the brakes lacked bite. They were not even offering ABS on their top model then! And it had a very nervous feeling at high speeds, and it's steering was too light. The only major plus point was the rear space, admittedly.

On the 1.6 Duratec vs the Beat/ Figo diesels, if your running is less than 1200 kms a month, I suggest you go for the Classic 1.6. The Figo has all the positive characteristics of the Fiesta, but has a noisy engine that lacks grunt at triple digit speeds. The Fiesta is also better built with no squeaks or rattles. The headlamps are much better than the Figo.

Per my S.A. at Ford, the pinch of a diesel will start with the 60 K kms service. In a petrol Fiesta, one has to change some hose that costs Rs 3500. In a diesel, there are 3 pipes to change that cost around 10 K more.

Take an informed decision. But believe me, this one will not let you down.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 13:53   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks for the wishes!! Its a New Fiesta Classic 1.6 Titanium & you are right. It is the best NA petrol drivers machine for the current price it is going for. Go for the Classic you will not regret the decision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Don't listen to your mind. I listened to my heart and bought this nearly 8 years back, and am still smiling... Take an informed decision. But believe me, this one will not let you down.
Thanks to both of you for the motivation My running will be less than 1000 km/month on an average. Also, this car won't be used for commute since I'm more of a biker and use my RTR160 for commuting. The car will most likely be taken out only on weekends and the city usage I guess will be < 100-200 km/month. The car will likely see around 500-1000 km of highway usage in a month. This will be our first car(I'm the only one that knows driving in our family of 4) so not sure of exact running. Fuel efficiency isn't too much of a concern due to lesser running. The main concern is related to Ford ASS and spare parts availability. I've read about many Ikon owners who suffered due to non-availability/high pricing of spares once the model was discontinued. Since the Classic is going to be discontinued soon, I have that fear.

Other than that, there is hardly anything to complain about. Have heard that the build quality in the Classic is poorer than the old Fiestas.
I'm not sure about the sheet metal, but nothing seemed odd/awkward when I sat in my colleague's 4 month old Classic TDCI. The audio quality of HU(looked same as Figo's) was good with good bass. Legroom was decent enough. I can't care less about ACC as everyone in the family prefers to roll down the windows. BTW, do the Classic's rear windows go all the way down(Figo is a pain in this regard with only half of it going down, but in classic it looks like the rear wheel arches don't interfere)?
Will come back if I have more questions

PS Abhinav, which showroom did you book yours from, how was the experience?

Last edited by theredliner : 17th December 2014 at 14:01.
theredliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 14:25   #529
Senior - BHPian

@redliner---yes, the window glasses go down fully, unlike the Figo's. The Classic is still being manufactured, and Ford will continue to make the parts for 10 years after they discontinue it.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 14:57   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS Abhinav, which showroom did you book yours from, how was the experience?
If your running is less than 1000kms a month then the 1.6 makes a good case. To top it most of those 500-1000kms would be highways so it will be even better. Space is good enough in the front and rear is not too bad for a family of 4. Boot space is added advantage since it can carry a lot of luggage. Sheet metal wise I dont see any difference and the bonnet is darn heavy! So it is of very good quality. Interiors are also pretty decent with very less to complain.

I got mine from Elite Ford Marathahalli. The sales person Ravi is very good and he did a good job of follow through on commitment, delivery at promised time etc! Was a good delivery experience overall. Their service center is in Mahadevapura opposite to the HP campus. I visited the service center too and its a very big and spacious space with lot of service bays and a good customer lounge to wait for your vehicle when its being serviced. Hope it helps.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 20:55   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If your running is less than 1000kms a month then the 1.6 makes a good case....I visited the service center too and its a very big and spacious space with lot of service bays and a good customer lounge to wait for your vehicle when its being serviced. Hope it helps.
Thank you. Which color did you buy? Was there any wating period? Can you please post some pictures?
@vnabhi Sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm posting here since this is like the official thread of Classic
theredliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 21:01   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Which color did you buy? Was there any wating period? Can you please post some pictures?
@vnabhi Sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm posting here since this is like the official thread of Classic
I bought the Sea Grey now officially called Smoke Grey color. There was no waiting period as such. The car was in transit and it took them 5 days to fit all promised accessories, register the car, fit the number plates with the number and deliver the car. So in total from the time of confirming to taking delivery it was probably around 8-9 days.

Pics I cannot post from office but will surely post them once I'm home.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2015, 21:06   #533
Senior - BHPian

With the Red Injun's 8th birthday coming up in March, I thought it was time to give her a proper bath---both inside and outside. I've been contemplating this for nearly a year after reading the detailing thread on this forum, but my colleague kept saying my interiors were great and it was not worth spending around 4 K or above at 3 M for getting the interiors cleaned and for a good polish on the exterior.

But when he himself tried a discount offer on Groupon from an agency called 'gaadi saaf', he was thoroughly impressed and strongly suggested it to me. The price was mouth-watering: Rs 899 only for what they call a 'complete body package'. Details of items included are in the url below:

http://search.groupon.co.in/?q=gaadi+saaf

I booked an appointment for Sunday, and they turned up in their van bang on time. There were 4 of them who spent 2 hours 15 minutes on the car. Based on their suggestion, I also agreed to pay Rs 300 for their alloy wheel treatment, which turned out to be money well spent. If you've read my posts on this thread earlier, I had a huge gripe on maintaing my alloys, especially due to the recessed holes where the lug nuts are placed.

The great thing was that they bring their own water and compressor and foam, and only need an electrical socket from the apartment for vacuum cleaning and buffing. They said the worked for 3 M before.

Here's how their van looks like:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_004.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_009.jpg

The car looks as good as new now and I've recommended their services to many of my friends in Hyderabad. Even few people in my apartment complex have become their customers.

Here are a few pictures of their cleaning process:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_005.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_011.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_012.jpg

Buffing:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_015.jpg

The shining wheel after restoration:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_016.jpg

Here's the final outcome:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-wp_20150208_018.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 03:26   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here's the final outcome:
Looks real good, specially for an 8 year old car and the price they have qouted is real less as well.

What products were used for the process? Any wax / sealants used at the end?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 10:33   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks real good, specially for an 8 year old car and the price they have qouted is real less as well.

What products were used for the process? Any wax / sealants used at the end?

Thanks for the accolade. Even all the chauffeurs in my building were mighty impressed and said it looks like a 'showroom' car.

They were using Meguir (not sure of the spelling) products for the job. The main guy's brother works for Meguir, I'm told.

Based on their advice, I told my daily cleaner not to touch the car for two days, and then to wipe with a dry cloth for a few days, so that the polish is not rubbed off. They also told me not to wash the alloys with water often, else hard water deposits would spoil the look of the wheels.

I guess I'll ask him to wash the wheels only once a week, and then wipe dry with a dry cloth.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 22:12   #536
BHPian

Thanks vnabhi for having this LTO thread
Thanks theredliner for almost asking everything I wanted to
and abhinav.s for sharing your recent ownership experience, though awaiting detailed ownership thread.

I am under the same (dont want to call it dilemma), a heart vs. mind fight.
Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium (as it is called now) fits all my reqs(top end with alloys, BT integrated sytem, good boot space, comfort and build quality and last but not least, BUDGET).
Heart is heavily inclined to go for it, but mind says, what about spares availability after it is discontinued.
Going by vnabhi''s statement, is it from any reliable source that Ford will still continue to support for another 10 years ?
Guys, please help me out here
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 22:53   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Thanks vnabhi for having this LTO thread
Thanks theredliner for almost asking everything I wanted to
and abhinav.s for sharing your recent ownership experience, though awaiting detailed ownership thread.

I am under the same (dont want to call it dilemma), a heart vs. mind fight.
Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium (as it is called now) fits all my reqs(top end with alloys, BT integrated sytem, good boot space, comfort and build quality and last but not least, BUDGET).
Heart is heavily inclined to go for it, but mind says, what about spares availability after it is discontinued.
Going by vnabhi''s statement, is it from any reliable source that Ford will still continue to support for another 10 years ?
Guys, please help me out here
It is mandatory under law! This apart, I'd asked Ford India the same question way back in early 2007 before taking the dip. If you ask around at Ford dealerships, the Ikon's parts are still avialable, though it was discontinued around 4 years ago.
Old 14th February 2015, 22:58   #538
BHPian

@ vnabhi - Your car looks superb, cant believe its not in a showroom!!
So nice to see an active thread on fiesta 1.6. Thumbs up!
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 19:49   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
@ vnabhi - Your car looks superb, cant believe its not in a showroom!!
So nice to see an active thread on fiesta 1.6. Thumbs up!
Thanks @WindRide. Even the guy who tops up my tyres with Nitrogen had the same comments today.

By the way, I realized only today that I'd not topped up N2 for the past 5+ months, so headed to the tyre guy on my way back. The meter was showing a reading of 24.5 to 26 on the tyres, so topped it up to 31 psi. I guess a drop of only 5 to 6 psi in 5 months makes Nitrogen topping really VFM!

I've not started maintaining a chart for air top up, to avoid slips like this.
Old 26th February 2015, 14:49   #540
BHPian

Quote:
It is mandatory under law! This apart, I'd asked Ford India the same question way back in early 2007 before taking the dip. If you ask around at Ford dealerships, the Ikon's parts are still avialable, though it was discontinued around 4 years ago.
Thanks Sir. But after a lot of thoughts/after thoughts, have changed my plan and have decided to let the Classic go.
Booked the Xcent Petrol Top End.
Have to admit that the car is indeed loaded with features for the price.
But still when I see the Classic on road, the head turns to it.

Thanks once again for your inputs and Sorry that I had taken a bit of your time.
Will continue to watch your thread on the way you pamper your ride.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote