Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th November 2016, 15:28   #751
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Can you help me with the contact details of the mechanic (Saraswati motors)?
And also the skimmed rotors are dependable for how many more kms till we change it?
94485 07681 is Vasu's number. His shop is diagonally oppsite an IBP petrol bunk. The bunk is around 200 meters from the Om Shakti temple on 7th Main Road in Kammanahalli.

You can safely go for skimming your rotors at a fifth of the cost or new rotors. I am not sure how long they will last, but let me tell you that it was the new set of rotors that caused me issues.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:02   #752
Senior - BHPian

The Red Injun was last serviced in early January, 2016, and in a couple of days it will complete a year since then. It has clicked around 6700 on the odo, and everything has been good with it.

So I wanted to avail Ford's 'Happy Pocket Service' so that at least the Engine oil and filter are changed. Even though Ford's recommendation is 10000 kms, I thought there was no point waiting as already a year was about to pass since the last change.

So I took it to Vibrant Ford near Sanat Nagar flyover this time, instead of my favourite Mody Ford and Mudfort. This was because the center was razed to the ground by the Secunderabad Cantonment, and the other center at Bowenpally was too far. This apart, my favourite SA had quit more than a year ago. Moreover, I had good experience with Vibrant Ford with my Figo.

I was promptly attended to by the new manager, Mr. Shiva. I told him I wanted only the following:-
  1. Happy Pocket Service instead of a full-blown service.
  2. Air filter cleaning.
  3. Engine bay waxing, as I could not clean the bay during my month-long stint in Bangalore, and I'd kept the car parked in dusty areas a few times.
  4. Fixing the right rear alloy wheel cap that had fallen out after WA/WB a couple of months ago.
All jobs were completed to my complete satisfaction except item 4 as it appears the cap could not be fitted back as some small part was broken. The total cost came to Rs 2071, including Rs 390 for engine waxing. Air filter cleaning and vacuuming the interiors was complimentary by Vibrant Ford, which surely made me glad!

Here's what I liked about the service:-
  1. Car was spic and span, and well washed.
  2. Took 90 minutes in all. I had no prior appointment.
  3. Bill was promptly prepared and payment by card accepted.
  4. The manager and SA were attentive to my needs and also allowed me to stroll into the workshop.
  5. Lounge was good, with good magazines and coffee.
  6. Vehicle inspection report appeared to be pretty thorough. They suggested change of drive belt (Rs 1800) and rear left wheel bearing (Rs 3000) in the next couple of months.
Here's what needs improvement:-
  1. The inspection report had comments like 'outside battery' and 'outside horn' fitted in the car. While it is true that I have plonked in an Amaron battery a few years back, the horn is the OEM one that came with the car. Looks like the technician goofed up on this one. Probably the new gen horns on the Figo twins are different, and he had no idea of how the horn sounded in a 10-year old model.
  2. Ford India seems to have inconsistent pricing for alloy wheel caps. I bought a couple two years back at the same center for Rs 390, but now the cost quoted for a single one is Rs 1000! . I'd rather be without a wheel cap!
A picture of the Red Injun in the wash bay:

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-fiesta-vibrant-ford-jan-02-2017.png

Last edited by vnabhi : 2nd January 2017 at 15:16.
Old 12th January 2017, 17:22   #753
Senior - BHPian

When you park your car in dusty conditions and forget to clean the engine bay, it gets damn dirty. No amount of manual cleaning will give you the same results as the 'engine bay waxing' by Ford F.A.S.S. for which they charge Rs 390 approximately.

The below pictures were taken today, a week after the servicing, and after visiting Pragati Resorts via dusty roads.

Name:  Fiesta1.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  32.7 KB

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-fiesta2.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI - I'm Nine, doing Fine-fiesta3.jpg

My plan is to keep it this clean till the next service. The biggest challenge is during my outstation trips, when I don't park the car under a shelter.