Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 05:04   #76
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
From the pictures you posted I have noticed two things which needs some attention.

1)Level of coolant in your car is above the prescribed level.
Doc, How on earth did you manage to notice the coolant level?!
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 08:05   #77
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
....

1)Level of coolant in your car is above the prescribed level.
2)The Storm is hanging in air without any supporting clamp. It should not be supported just by the rigidity of the rubber tubing. If there is a clamp to hold it onto the body the filter experience would be rattle free.

....
Thanks for noticing the details. However,
  • The coolant level is fine. It's just the shine/reflection/sun in the picture. The pictures have been taken from a mobile camera
  • There is a clamp holding the Storm firmly. In fact in the last picture, the installer is putting in the clamp.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2008, 13:35   #78
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Thanks for noticing the details. However,
  • There is a clamp holding the Storm firmly. In fact in the last picture, the installer is putting in the clamp.
What I meant is that the filter assembly should be clamped rigidly to the body( just like the original plastic air filter box is rigidly fixed to the body at 3 points inclusive of the nut) of the car and I did not mean the filter assembly being clamped rigidly to the tubing. If it already is rigidly attached to the body of the car excuse me for wasting time.
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 14:03   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

BTW, it cost me a total of 9,450/-
khan_sultan the cost is only for the CAI and fittings? Any idea whether Green Storm is the suit for Palio 1.2s also?

Waiting to hear the FE improvement after switching to Green Storm
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2008, 15:33   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
the cost is only for the CAI and fittings?
Includes everything. The STORM is for 5.95K, 3.2K is the dynamization Kit(The pipe. IMHO it is overpriced), Rs 250 odd for installation charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Any idea whether Green Storm is the suit for Palio 1.2s also?
For 1.2, the Green Wind is the CAI that is suggested. However, I would let other people who have 1.2 and have installed either Wind/Storm comment on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Waiting to hear the FE improvement after switching to Green Storm
I don't know the impact of Storm on FE as yet. I guess it should remain the same or drop marginally, mainly due to the fact that your right foot suddenly becomes heavy once you get a CAI done and you become addicted to the 'growl' of the CAI.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2008, 14:50   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default

Thanks yar. It seems to be bit costly affair but do you feel a real difference which is worth 9k+? Just wanted to ensure money is spend for good returns, let it be interms of performance or FE.
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 10:00   #82
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,185 Times
Default

Folks, It is about time I gave an update on how the Green CAI is impacting the FE.

Well, I have driven 2 tankfuls since the CAI and I can safely say that there is no impact -- neither +ve nor -ve as far as FE goes.

The route that I drive remains the same, however my driving has become even more spirited -- just love to hear that growl from the Green sucking in air.

I am assuming that If I drive in the sub 3K RPM range, I will get better FE as a result of the Green CAI. After the Green CAI, my gear shifts have gone north and I frequently test the 4-5K RPM range for gear shifts.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:02   #83
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,663
Thanked: 3,185 Times
Default Transforming my S10 into a 'mean looking' car

I need to transform my 'cute looking' S10 into an aggressive & mean looking machine.

Reason: Frankly speaking, there is no concrete reason. Just that I am bored of the 'cute looks' and firmly believe that the S10 can be transformed to an aggressive looking machine -- by redoing just the bumper/front grill design


So folks, need your inputs on
  • Deciding the design and broad contours on how the redone front bumper/grill should look like
  • Where in Bangalore could this be done to 100% excellent results.
  • How much would this project burn a hole in my pocket
  • Would this be at all possible?
  • What are the issues that could turn up?

Constraints:
  1. The redone bumper should NOT be toooo low and reduce the ground clearance.
  2. Will ONLY redo the front bumper/grill. NOT any other part

So, my S10 front looks like this right now
Name:  i7799.jpg
Views: 2537
Size:  58.4 KB


Here are some of the design concepts I have in mind.
NOTE: These are just samples that illustrate the broad concept I have in mind.

Concept: A big central grill/bumper part surrounded by 2 air dams

Name:  jun_evox_1.jpg
Views: 2453
Size:  133.8 KB

Name:  00188421lrg.jpg
Views: 2151
Size:  51.3 KB

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-alfaromeobrera003.jpg

Name:  006__scaled_600_030.jpg
Views: 2122
Size:  45.8 KB

2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-car_photo_244296_25.jpg

So what do you say friends? Suggestions/brickbats welcome.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:23   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

the second option looks stunning,whereas others will turn your ride in whacky,i would suggest you stick to the second option simple and sober
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:28   #85
BHPian
 
A S H V I N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 257
Thanked: Once
Default

one option would be to do some simple wire mesh work in the bumpers and add a front skirt. you can see some examples done by Kitup! Coimbatore .. KitUp! Automotive
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:34   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PNQ-HKG-SZX
Posts: 1,238
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Shahnawaz !To me the first option brings in the sporty look but i feel you will have to loose out on GC.

OT: I am also planning to get an entire body kit for my Alto 1.1 and surely the options you had given will be of help for sure.

Check out the Palio front bumper/grille design sent to me by Binoy (binz) when requested for some designs.

Kitup designs are good but slightly on the higher side and i feel its VFM.
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-bumper2jg0.jpg  

VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:35   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 365 Times
Default

paint the front grill / bumper grill black. i am sure that will look simple.

or else see this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...3&d=1135851254

or this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...3&d=1187904313
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 11:49   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
badboyscad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,443
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

how about getting a bumper similar to the one that our fellow member harrie had on his palio:

Name:  i443.jpg
Views: 2199
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  i1515.jpg
Views: 2075
Size:  63.7 KB
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 12:04   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 365 Times
Default

@badboy - looks like we were thinking in the same line - check out the links i provided.

@ KS - i think 16v's s10 also looks simple - but then its your call. or else check out the palio's bumper customised by Arush. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/851405-post310.html
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2008, 12:20   #90
BHPian
 
A S H V I N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 257
Thanked: Once
Default

Arush's design does have a more solid feel to it. and yes i know that kitup is on the expensive side. i was suggesting the design
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My quest for a hot hatch!! Palio S10 EDIT : Now Another one; the mods have begun JayD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 156 22nd April 2014 14:30
My Grooved Esteem FE is 14.5 Kmpl satish_appasani Technical Stuff 195 28th June 2013 19:01
Fiat Palio - S10 - The legend lives on ! EDIT - Now Sold karizma_devil Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 88 20th November 2011 20:02
Grooved Maruti 1000 finetuning Technical Stuff 13 7th April 2007 01:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks