Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th August 2008, 22:28   #121
Team-BHP Support

Arrow go black.

khan_sultan,
I'd recommend a change to a darker colour first, and bigger / wider wheels and tyres - black alloys define meaner like no other.

To be honest, these modifications look great in pictures but the end effort, in all probability, just might end up looking like something out of the weird and whacky thread.
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 00:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

evo style grill, fog lamp accommodation.

Name:  i7799 copy.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  206.3 KB
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 00:19   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
khan_sultan,
I'd recommend a change to a darker colour first, and bigger / wider wheels and tyres - black alloys define meaner like no other.

To be honest, these modifications look great in pictures but the end effort, in all probability, just might end up looking like something out of the weird and whacky thread.
I second aah78 - Black alloys is the way to go. First try wider tyres and alloys. And then you can move to the grill.
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 12:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Default Black OE 1.6 Sport Alloys - Smoked TLs (Red)

some hint:

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 1218
Size:  39.6 KB
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 13:34   #125
BHPian

IMO,playing around with the head lights will also add on to the looks.
noidaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 15:51   #126
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey badboy
Can you use this bumper design on the palio.I find the lights to be pretty similar i.e. long and rectangular.
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Palio S10 EDIT: 71K KM Update | Engine Grooved-nissanskylinewallpaper2.jpg  

hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 15:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

What abt a chekered strip right from the top of the bonnet on to the roof and descend to the boot and finish on the rear bumper.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 17:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Lots of options for Palio from the EU and Brazil

These are some tough/aggresive to neutral kits.... im not stating my favorite Mr.Khan Sultan, lets see if you pick it out
Attached Images

s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 15:52   #129
BHPian

@khan - Good to hear that you are getting the same FE as before and can enjoy the growl and performance at the same time.
Every time I see S10s on bangalore roads my eyes automatically follows it , till it vanishes .Next time when I spot one ,will try to listen to the growl and check whether its yours.
Let me know your frequent routes.
roopakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 19:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

Khan bhai, i think i saw this thread at the right time, i was almost in the verge of getting a green fixed at RAC....The mech was all set to remove the black pipe not sure what its called and fit the dynaMIZATION kit to it......luckily i stopped him of doing as i felt he was not sure... looking at your install i am happy that i made the good choice

I did notice theat there is a big crack or cut on that pipe, i guess i need to get a new one? not sure what might be the cost for it??
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 09:21   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks yar. It seems to be bit costly affair but do you feel a real difference which is worth 9k+? Just wanted to ensure money is spend for good returns, let it be interms of performance or FE.
jacs, honestly, it's just a perception thing man. I seriously doubt that just a CAI will give you performance gains. You get good sound and you may like it.

Honestly, I got the CAI (or any other mod done/planned) done so that 20 years down the line I don't regret that I didn't got hose mods done .

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
... Let me know your frequent routes.
B'ghatta road/NIC road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Khan bhai, i think i saw this thread at the right time, i was almost in the verge of getting a green fixed at RAC....The mech was all set to remove the black pipe not sure what its called and fit the dynaMIZATION kit to it......luckily i stopped him of doing as i felt he was not sure... looking at your install i am happy that i made the good choice

I did notice theat there is a big crack or cut on that pipe, i guess i need to get a new one? not sure what might be the cost for it??

Do you mean the black pipe that I have marked in red?
Name:  IMG0018A.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  73.5 KB

The one marked in blue is the 'dynamization kit'. I have a piece of it left with me, so you can take it from me. No need for buying it for 3.2K.
Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 09:29   #132
Senior - BHPian

Khan bhai, yes the black pipe which you have marked in red...

On the performance front i think its nice to hear a "honest" feedback i think its right as i dint find any great difference in performance when i drove "Akbaree's" Adventure which has both FFE & CAI...

Can say that car breaths freely once you have both CAI & FFE installed, thats what i felt on my OHC...

Btw lets catch up sometime would like to try your beast would be ideal to meet beofre i make mind on CAI..hehe
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2008, 12:00   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
... Btw lets catch up sometime would like to try your beast would be ideal to meet beofre i make mind on CAI..hehe
Sure. I think you are now spending your day on B'ghatta road and I travel that road almost daily. So let's meet in the evening and test the rides on NICE road.

Cheers,
Old 8th September 2008, 11:34   #134
BHPian

@khan_sultan: I really liked the way air filter has been installed. The dynamisation kit has been secured nicely. Has it been bolted? Please refer to the red circle in the picture
Attached Images

akbaree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2008, 11:42   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@khan_sultan: I really liked the way air filter has been installed. The dynamisation kit has been secured nicely. Has it been bolted? Please refer to the red circle in the picture
That part is a very snug fit into that body part/chamber. it does not have any loose space around it, so you have to 'pull' it out if you need to.

BTW, these days I have removed the 'dynamisation kit' for the time being and am just having the conical storm. I wanted to drive like this for some time and see what difference it makes.