Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd April 2008, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
The Cedia fan club is growing inspite of Hindustan Morons. I am getting my Cedia sports pretty soon and will post the details.
@parichay - did you get the third year warranty? Is is useful?
No I didn't get the extended warranty. I am on a corporate plan though which covers pretty much any eventuality (accident) based expenses.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 09:53   #17
BHPian

Does your plan cover you against the manufacturing defects as well? Because that is what the warranty is for. Also, did you put any security features - immobilizer, gear locks etc.?
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 12:11   #18
BHPian

Hi Parichay, i too have just bought a cedia about 1 months ago, but am getting a mileage of about 8 - 8.5, have run it only for about 600 kms till now with no highway driving at all. Also it has gone for the first service, so dont know what the true milage is yet. Does this improve after some time? I would have to add here that its a great drivers car and very very fun to drive if you get an open road. But the southern motors service is just about ok. nothing great about it. Hows lathangi in bangalore?
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 12:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Does your plan cover you against the manufacturing defects as well? Because that is what the warranty is for. Also, did you put any security features - immobilizer, gear locks etc.?
I was told by my dealer that the immobilizer feature is standard in the Cedia! Do other Cedia owners agree?
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 13:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
I was told by my dealer that the immobilizer feature is standard in the Cedia! Do other Cedia owners agree?
The spec has no indication about this. Also the dealers never advertised this as a feature. I have seen people talking about fitting a gear lock as an alternative.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 14:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. My plan only guarantees that in the case of an accident and related repairs I don't have to spend any money from my pocket. Any balance amount not being paid by the insurance company will be absorbed by the plan. I am sure that there will be the standard "conditions apply" here but hopefully I won't never have to test its validity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi Parichay, i too have just bought a cedia about 1 months ago, but am getting a mileage of about 8 - 8.5, have run it only for about 600 kms till now with no highway driving at all. Also it has gone for the first service, so dont know what the true milage is yet. Does this improve after some time? I would have to add here that its a great drivers car and very very fun to drive if you get an open road. But the southern motors service is just about ok. nothing great about it. Hows lathangi in bangalore?

Hey Mav2000, congrats on a fabulous buy. I guess the mileage to a large extent will also depend on which part of the city you are driving regularly. My daily commute is from Kammanahalli to Sarjapur which is mostly ring road except for the kr puram flyover bottleneck. So for the most part I am cruising on 5th gear except for occasional downshifts.

Quote:
I dont think an Immobilizer is standard. Keyless entry definitely is.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th April 2008 at 14:24.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am getting 11.2 with my new cedia. Just back from Lethangi after dropping my car for first service (1000km). 1001km done with 89 litters of petrol. I use speed or other premium petrol. Mine is mostly city driving but early in the morning and evening, which could have been an advantage for me. Dealer told me the mileage increases after the first oil change.
It could be driving habits too for some extend. I never raise the car unnecessarily in 1st or 2nd gear. Always change gear at 2000rpm and make sure 2000rpm is not crossed in any gear in normal driving. Only when I overtake and on empty stretches I cross this barrier. I think for city driving this is the best to do.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:16   #23
BHPian

Lathangi has been pretty good so far. I am done with only the first service though so really cant comment on this.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:25   #24
BHPian

Thanks for that. Will try to follow it, but am usually caught up in heavy traffic all the time.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
I dont think an Immobilizer is standard. Keyless entry definitely is.
Well, thats surprising!

When I took delivery, I remember the Sales Manager at Lathangi insisting that it had all the safety features and he specifically mentioned the Immobilizer. He dissuaded me from going for an after market security system.

I guess I may have to call up the Service Manager sometime and confirm this.
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Well, thats surprising!

When I took delivery, I remember the Sales Manager at Lathangi insisting that it had all the safety features and he specifically mentioned the Immobilizer. He dissuaded me from going for an after market security system.

I guess I may have to call up the Service Manager sometime and confirm this.
You should definitely confirm this. I don't think Immobilizer is a standard feature, but knowing HM, they might have simply forgotten to advertise it
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 20:48   #27
BHPian

Default Immobilizer - Lets Test it!

All it takes is 50 bucks. Get a dulicate key made and use it to start the car. That should make it clear.

However, I was also informed by Metro Motors that it has got the immobillizer. If we lose both the keys, I should be retaining the Key Number. So i put that in my file. Just in case!!
Joy Ghose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 00:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

@parichay:The Cedia looks great in red. Awesome!!

@president: Congrats for completing two years without any hassles and the car still looks as new.

I love Cedia!!
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 00:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
My car has completed 15,700 kms (over 2 yrs old) and I do not have any complaints to report so far. Warranty expired too.
Didn't extend as it would not help anyways with HM's poor marketing attitude.

However, I'm simply in love with this car, as always..

How I wished HM could offer a better after sales and service back-up to make this super vehicle stand out in the crowd.
Thats a great looking car! Can't believe its 2 years old. Incidentally my choice of color was initially the darker blue (Nordic i think its called) but finally bought the red as it was my wife's fave color.
Old 25th April 2008, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Ghose View Post
All it takes is 50 bucks. Get a dulicate key made and use it to start the car. That should make it clear.

However, I was also informed by Metro Motors that it has got the immobillizer. If we lose both the keys, I should be retaining the Key Number. So i put that in my file. Just in case!!
As per the dealer this 50 rupees key will not work.
Key is programmed in the microprocessor. So the spare key has to be ordered from HM. This is the reason they provide the key with a tag number (which needs to be kept safe)
I do not know if this is immobilizer.