Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 15:57   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
As per the dealer this 50 rupees key will not work.
Key is programmed in the microprocessor. So the spare key has to be ordered from HM. This is the reason they provide the key with a tag number (which needs to be kept safe)
I do not know if this is immobilizer.
Well, this is the immobilizer!! This feature is heavily advertised in other models like Maruti etc. I am surprised (or am I????) that HM is not advertising this!
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 19:19   #32
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Well, this is the immobilizer!! This feature is heavily advertised in other models like Maruti etc. I am surprised (or am I????) that HM is not advertising this!
I am surprised too. Then why are people talking about Gear lock for Cedia.
I shouldn't be surprised if I figure out that I have climate control also in my cedia one fine day. Just a joke on HM's poor marketing strategies.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:25   #33
BHPian
 
santhosh_kumard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Back to BLR
Posts: 176
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

hey all Bangalore Cedizens,
After reading through the umpteen recommendations for this car, I have developed a soft corner even before a test-drive!!. I just wanted to know what discounts did the recent buyers from Bangalore get for this.
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 10:55   #34
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
hey all Bangalore Cedizens,
After reading through the umpteen recommendations for this car, I have developed a soft corner even before a test-drive!!. I just wanted to know what discounts did the recent buyers from Bangalore get for this.
30K discount. You can easily bargain for this.
sj_koova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 17:55   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hmm, I read somewhere that even HM was planning a price rise because of the rising steel costs, but I think they will wait for Maruti/Honda make an announcement first.
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 23:14   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
hey all Bangalore Cedizens,
After reading through the umpteen recommendations for this car, I have developed a soft corner even before a test-drive!!. I just wanted to know what discounts did the recent buyers from Bangalore get for this.
I got a 50K corporate discount on my red sports. Other freebies thrown in were sun film, floor mats, idol and perfume.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 03:21   #37
BHPian
 
santhosh_kumard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Back to BLR
Posts: 176
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
I got a 50K corporate discount on my red sports. Other freebies thrown in were sun film, floor mats, idol and perfume.
Wow!cheers:. A 50K discount with sun films/floor mats etc too!. I should say thats some inspirational discount you got there.
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:41   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Parichay - That is truly amazing discount. When did you buy your car? These days I don't think HM is offering more than 30k.
cediafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:03   #39
BHPian
 
mav2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 567
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Hi, I got about 35k discount, with foot mats extra. Looks like Parichay has got a great discount. cool man. should have spoken to you earlier.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 11:23   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Wow!cheers:. A 50K discount with sun films/floor mats etc too!. I should say thats some inspirational discount you got there.
Yup it is. This offer was available only on the sports red model. And it also came with a complimentary lunch at mainland china for 6k. I took delivery on Vijaydashmi so there was a lot of offers going on at that time.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 13:23   #41
BHPian
 
santhosh_kumard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Back to BLR
Posts: 176
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Yup it is. This offer was available only on the sports red model. And it also came with a complimentary lunch at mainland china for 6k. I took delivery on Vijaydashmi so there was a lot of offers going on at that time.
So I guess you took the car from Lathangi?. I am also intending to get the car from them since I have read some good reviews in T-BHP. And if you have taken from Lathangi I can definitely mention about the old offer and try to squeeze more
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:23   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
So I guess you took the car from Lathangi?. I am also intending to get the car from them since I have read some good reviews in T-BHP. And if you have taken from Lathangi I can definitely mention about the old offer and try to squeeze more
Thats right. I took it from Lathangi. The guy in charge was Mr. Prakash back then. Squeeze them for all its worth . I basically pitted them against the Honda Civic.
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 18:36   #43
BHPian
 
santhosh_kumard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Back to BLR
Posts: 176
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parichay View Post
Thats right. I took it from Lathangi. The guy in charge was Mr. Prakash back then. Squeeze them for all its worth . I basically pitted them against the Honda Civic.

Hey Thanks Parichay, I am having 2 other cars in the race alongwith Cedia. Optra Magnum & Toyota Corolla. I love each of them for their own qualities. But Cedia being cheaper and fav amoung T-BHP ( Heard sooo many good words about it through the forum ), that my heart is out n out to Cedia
santhosh_kumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 19:18   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Hey Thanks Parichay, I am having 2 other cars in the race alongwith Cedia. Optra Magnum & Toyota Corolla. I love each of them for their own qualities. But Cedia being cheaper and fav amoung T-BHP ( Heard sooo many good words about it through the forum ), that my heart is out n out to Cedia
You are welcome. Happy car hunting!
parichay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2008, 16:27   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 69
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hi
does anyone have problems with rattling sounds in the cabin?

Also, am amazed at ppl getting 11.5 etc in city driving.
maybe bangy is a better experience in city driving.
mumbai is totally bad.

Cheers
Ranjith
ranjithc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leh'd - A 6000km drive through Leh Ladhak. UniqueMods Travelogues 31 7th March 2013 20:53
Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more rkg Travelogues 24 29th October 2012 20:39
Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI 6000KM - Some issues catchvinny Technical Stuff 4 27th August 2009 11:33
Swift VDi @ 6000km (2nd Service Complete) s0uljah Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 82 15th August 2008 17:59
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 2500km report reignofchaos Long-Term Ownership Reviews 235 10th October 2007 14:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks