Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:38   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
@DJ99

Dude... I am seriously confused b/w Palio D and Getz D after TD'ing Palio. Now the extra 1 lakh rupees has become the main concern. I am not able to convince myself. I think, I may end up buying a Palio.
I ruled out the Palio for the main reason that the service centre is 100 kms away and also my friends A.S.S experience with the first Palio was very bad .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:01   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

The palio D is a good car but teh GETZ ROCKS!! Its not a fair comparison for the GETZ to be compared with the Swift D and the Palio D.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:39   #198
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
The palio D is a good car but teh GETZ ROCKS!! Its not a fair comparison for the GETZ to be compared with the Swift D and the Palio D.
I agree. Getz is class above Swift and Palio. It is a more practical car.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:48   #199
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

The Getz sure rocks, like a boat.
It even brakes like a cruise liner and costs as much.
Except for the CRDI engine, it isn't an enthusiast's car.
Disclaimer: My opinion,since a few folks laid out their opinion.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 18:21   #200
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
-3M underbody treatment as rains are nearing
-Gear lock (please suggest good brand)
-Spoiler
- underbody treatment - is it really required? I think there shouldn't be any problem in modern day car like Getz
- Gear lock is available from Xenos, go for clip type lock which is quiet small and doesn't look bad
- How much for spoiler? I was quoted 6K for body colored one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Will try to meet you if i come down to pune or you come to bangalore.
Sure thing dude. cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Vab78 when are u changing your avatar?
As soon as I click some pics of my Getz. But it will be a mixed fealing for me. I will have to remove pic of my Camaro.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:02   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
- underbody treatment - is it really required? I think there shouldn't be any problem in modern day car like Getz
- Gear lock is available from Xenos, go for clip type lock which is quiet small and doesn't look bad
- How much for spoiler? I was quoted 6K for body colored one.
Underbody treatment is required for peace of mind in city like bangalore where it rains almost daily.

What is the cost for xenos gear lock?

Dealer is suggesting me to get spoiler from local shops as it will be available for around 3K. Dealer quoted 7.5K.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:38   #202
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
What is the cost for xenos gear lock?

Dealer is suggesting me to get spoiler from local shops as it will be available for around 3K. Dealer quoted 7.5K.
- Clip type Gear lock is for 3K.
- Will you get exact same paint shade from local shop? Mine is passion red.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:58   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
- Clip type Gear lock is for 3K.
- Will you get exact same paint shade from local shop? Mine is passion red.
Aye you buying gear lock from dealer?

Silver is common color which will be available with most vendors.
I think getting passion red color is difficult. Check in some local shops.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:24   #204
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

My last achieved Fuel Efficiency is 15.6 kmpl . Happy for this result as i was pushing her hard in 2nd and 3rd gears and at 120kmph..
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:54   #205
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
My last achieved Fuel Efficiency is 15.6 kmpl . Happy for this result as i was pushing her hard in 2nd and 3rd gears and at 120kmph..
Thats a good FE dude.

120KMPH in 2nd and 3rd gear?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:04   #206
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thats a good FE dude.

120KMPH in 2nd and 3rd gear?
or course not. it would probably just about reach 120 in 3rd. he means that he pushed it alot in 2nd and 3rd and also took it upto 120.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:14   #207
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thats a good FE dude.

120KMPH in 2nd and 3rd gear?
lol dude . 120kmph was in 5th gear only .. i shift from 3rd to 4th after i cross 80kmph.

Last edited by undead : 22nd May 2008 at 21:16.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:53   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
lol dude . 120kmph was in 5th gear only .. i shift from 3rd to 4th after i cross 80kmph.
How was the handling at 120KMPH?

P.S I am getting my car delivered on wednesday or thursday if any delays in registration.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:38   #209
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
How was the handling at 120KMPH?

P.S I am getting my car delivered on wednesday or thursday if any delays in registration.
I was driving that in a good highway road for few kms , the handling was fine. But as we used to say , need better tires. The braking was above average at 120 .

So , next week we are going to see another ownership thread for Getz CRDi .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:13   #210
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I was driving that in a good highway road for few kms , the handling was fine. But as we used to say , need better tires. The braking was above average at 120 .
So when are you planning to upgrade the tires?
Quote:
So , next week we are going to see another ownership thread for Getz CRDi .
Yes sure
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 81,449 kms Service Report PatienceWins Long-Term Ownership Reviews 174 25th November 2017 11:10
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done ShyamSCrdi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 190 6th March 2011 22:28
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Silver Getz Prime CRDi VGT djay99 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 157 2nd April 2009 13:55
Accessories for Bright Silver Getz mangywarez Modifications & Accessories 7 26th July 2005 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks