Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:25   #256
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Thanks undead. Shortly will post a review.


Thanks karthik.
Car Color - Silver

Tyre upsize - 195/60-14 Michelin PP1 on P&W alloys 14" 6J

Music system:
Pioneer 3090UB with USB and feather touch functionality (with B&W 8K)
Front speakers - Pold audio 6 1/2" components with crossovers and tweeters 7.5K
Rear speakers - Pold audio 6X9 co-axials 4.5K
Is it Polk or Pold ???
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:30   #257
BHPian
 
TomRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin-Bangalore
Posts: 332
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

@day99..

Congrats mate.. Ride safe and have fun!
TomRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:10   #258
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Is it Polk or Pold ???
Its Polk Audio bro. Thanks for pointing the typo.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:54   #259
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Its Polk Audio bro. Thanks for pointing the typo.
Hey djay. I want to know something from you.
1 ) While braking do you hear the click metal sound inside the cabin ?
2 ) I am getting some squeak sounds from the rear while someone sits in the rear seat . Do you get anything like that ?
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:08   #260
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Hey djay. I want to know something from you.
1 ) While braking do you hear the click metal sound inside the cabin ?
2 ) I am getting some squeak sounds from the rear while someone sits in the rear seat . Do you get anything like that ?
No sounds while braking but i am getting some noise from rear door when the rear wheel goes over a pothole. IS your car facing same problem?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:51   #261
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I got my beast delivered on friday night at around 9PM.
Got alloys and tires fitted on saturday
Got music system fitted on sunday.

I will post a detailed review. Car is fantastic cheers:
I am very satisfied.
Congrats! Long wait finally pays off, doesn't it?

Post some pics of your alloys.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:21   #262
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
No sounds while braking but i am getting some noise from rear door when the rear wheel goes over a pothole. IS your car facing same problem?
Ya , the sound is more noticeable when someone sits at the rear seat. Try that too. What am i going to do about the brake sound ?? i think i can manage that. But the sound from the rear is little disturbing . For now , i manage it by increasing the volume of the mp3 player.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:24   #263
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
2 ) I am getting some squeak sounds from the rear while someone sits in the rear seat . Do you get anything like that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
...i am getting some noise from rear door when the rear wheel goes over a pothole. IS your car facing same problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
... For now , i manage it by increasing the volume of the mp3 player.
What is this sound? Is it that noticeable? I haven't noticed anything yet. I will be more attentive now and try to spot it.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 21:09   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,157
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
What is this sound? Is it that noticeable? I haven't noticed anything yet. I will be more attentive now and try to spot it.

Surprising, My Getz prime 1.3 is rattle/ noise free after 1 year. As the build qualiy is great, i suspect it may be some loose clips.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:46   #265
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

My last checked Fuel Efficiency is 17.5 kmpl in highways . Driving at 100 kmph and also with some heavy traffic making me to shift gears often . I am sure it will improve after the four-lane work is completed and if i drive constantly at 90kmph.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:09   #266
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

undead,

Thats a very good mileage man. I am sure it will improve after 2nd service.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:23   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
undead,

Thats a very good mileage man. I am sure it will improve after 2nd service.
It will improve if i drive her smoothly dude. The thing is , i cant keep her down at 80kmph to get better FE . Yesterday i pushed her to 4500 rpm in 2nd gear while overtaking , but thats without notice . I never thought she will reach that rpm very soon . After that , i am getting some slight sound from the speedo , asif something has got loosen up.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:35   #268
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
It will improve if i drive her smoothly dude. The thing is , i cant keep her down at 80kmph to get better FE . Yesterday i pushed her to 4500 rpm in 2nd gear while overtaking , but thats without notice . I never thought she will reach that rpm very soon . After that , i am getting some slight sound from the speedo , asif something has got loosen up.
As you know the car reaches 80KMPH easily in 3rd gear, keeping an eye on tacho should help you not to cross 2.5Krpm.
Dont worry about noise from speedo needle. Indeed it might be telling you to rev harder
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:40   #269
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
As you know the car reaches 80KMPH easily in 3rd gear, keeping an eye on tacho should help you not to cross 2.5Krpm.
Dont worry about noise from speedo needle. Indeed it might be telling you to rev harder
I was overtaking 8 vehicles in a single shot and that too in a corner. So , i had to focus fully on the road and at times like these its not possible to look and shift at correct rpm .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:53   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I was overtaking 8 vehicles in a single shot and that too in a corner. So , i had to focus fully on the road and at times like these its not possible to look and shift at correct rpm .
I completely agree. I belive overtaking 8 vehicles was a breeze
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 81,449 kms Service Report PatienceWins Long-Term Ownership Reviews 174 25th November 2017 11:10
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done ShyamSCrdi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 190 6th March 2011 22:28
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Silver Getz Prime CRDi VGT djay99 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 157 2nd April 2009 13:55
Accessories for Bright Silver Getz mangywarez Modifications & Accessories 7 26th July 2005 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks