Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:47   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I completely agree. I belive overtaking 8 vehicles was a breeze
Yup . Today i had a drive to Kerala . While returning i was able to overtake all the vehicles .Only one vehicle overtook me . Its was a BMW 730d .
Old 4th June 2008, 11:20   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Yup . Today i had a drive to Kerala . While returning i was able to overtake all the vehicles .Only one vehicle overtook me . Its was a BMW 730d .
Oh god. Did you try to overtake BMW 730d?
Old 4th June 2008, 11:36   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh god. Did you try to overtake BMW 730d?
I was behind him for few kms , able to catch up with him . He was driving little dangerously . He almost had an accident . I even have a pic taken in my mob cam and its a new car . But later i stopped to buy some grapes . So the race was pulled off.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:46   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I was behind him for few kms , able to catch up with him . He was driving little dangerously . He almost had an accident . I even have a pic taken in my mob cam and its a new car . But later i stopped to buy some grapes . So the race was pulled off.
Reminds me of a saying in hindi. Haath naa aaye to angoor khate!! Just kidding.

Do post some pics of the BMW in the relevant thread.
Old 4th June 2008, 19:55   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Reminds me of a saying in hindi. Haath naa aaye to angoor khate!! Just kidding.

Do post some pics of the BMW in the relevant thread.
actually my dad made me pull off as he got scared that i was racing with the BMW.
Old 4th June 2008, 20:40   #276
BHPian

you were more mercifull i would say, had came to cbe, from cochin yesterday!! there was a BMW 325I ..thats a v6 petrol!!! ..respectable man probably 40-50 yrs age with family inside car, he was trying like mad to overtake me .. i was all alone in the car and kerala roads especially from cochin to cbe, is well known to me, i bruised his ego pretty bad!! nothing much pulled off from him..i was doing a 150kmph!! in 4th gear he was hell bent on overtaking me i guess..either his BMW couldnt keep up..or he wasnt that mad a guy like me..later i had to stop for calling my folks..strict orders from them to call them when i reach preset points..hehe.. saw the guy passing me while i was parked i guess he knew i wasnt interested anymore..and yes he was taking unwanted risks ..now you guys know na..either ways i reached cbe in 3hr 15 min flat!! be carefull dude, in kerala the people arent good..trust me ..i know i am one..lol.
ride safe. and hey do let us know of whats the service routine..the second and third free service routine costed me 4k rs each..must be same for getz too after all engine is same!!.
Old 4th June 2008, 21:07   #277
BHPian

what???? we have to pay for free services also.my verna is going for 2nd free service.what will be the damage?also plan to get balancing done.
Old 4th June 2008, 21:38   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
you were more mercifull i would say, had came to cbe, from cochin yesterday!! there was a BMW 325I ..thats a v6 petrol!!! ..respectable man probably 40-50 yrs age with family inside car, he was trying like mad to overtake me .. i was all alone in the car and kerala roads especially from cochin to cbe, is well known to me, i bruised his ego pretty bad!! nothing much pulled off from him..i was doing a 150kmph!! in 4th gear he was hell bent on overtaking me i guess..either his BMW couldnt keep up..or he wasnt that mad a guy like me..later i had to stop for calling my folks..strict orders from them to call them when i reach preset points..hehe.. saw the guy passing me while i was parked i guess he knew i wasnt interested anymore..and yes he was taking unwanted risks ..now you guys know na..either ways i reached cbe in 3hr 15 min flat!! be carefull dude, in kerala the people arent good..trust me ..i know i am one..lol.
ride safe. and hey do let us know of whats the service routine..the second and third free service routine costed me 4k rs each..must be same for getz too after all engine is same!!.
I was inside the state of Tamilnadu dude when i met the BMW 730d. He was lucky that an oncoming truck pulled off the road making way for him to overtake , else i would have had some " Crashed BMW 730d " pics in my album .
Old 5th June 2008, 12:02   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
what???? we have to pay for free services also.my verna is going for 2nd free service.what will be the damage?also plan to get balancing done.
You wont pay for labor but you will have to pay for oil, fuel filter etc.

Other owners can fill etc.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:05   #280
Senior - BHPian

Service guy was telling me that fuel filter costs close to 2K and we have to change it every 10K KM.
WHat id cost of oil change every 10K KM?
Old 5th June 2008, 12:51   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service guy was telling me that fuel filter costs close to 2K and we have to change it every 10K KM.
WHat id cost of oil change every 10K KM?
The didnt change the oil during the first service. I checked the oil few days back myself and i think i will change the oil at 5000 kms.
Old 5th June 2008, 13:19   #282
BHPian

undead, are you planning for switching to synthetic oil?
I will be switching to Mobile1 at the first change.
Old 5th June 2008, 13:23   #283
BHPian

well the free part means free Labour..thats a nice 1k rs saved.. but the filter is close to 2k, then some oil catridge..air filter and stuff comes to a close 3.2k total..and add a bloody VAT @ 12.5 % !! and i got my bill exactly 3.652k rs
didnt do alignment from MGF...me and my dad do the alignment from PITSTOP ..they are the best in cochin...there it costs 350rs..hence it does cross 4k.

@undead glad that things went well. here also that person was pushing to the danger zone.. i stoped to just call it off. there was a family inside, some guys are mad. when i drive with family i am extra cautious and wont even take the slightest of risk!!.

the truck doesnt know whether its a korean car or german car...in front of it..all will be crushed!!! frankly speaking i am more civilised when i drive the verna..
Old 5th June 2008, 13:33   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
undead, are you planning for switching to synthetic oil?
I will be switching to Mobile1 at the first change.
NO. My dad wont allow as its costly.
Old 5th June 2008, 13:37   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post

@undead glad that things went well. here also that person was pushing to the danger zone.. i stoped to just call it off. there was a family inside, some guys are mad. when i drive with family i am extra cautious and wont even take the slightest of risk!!.

the truck doesnt know whether its a korean car or german car...in front of it..all will be crushed!!! frankly speaking i am more civilised when i drive the verna..
May be the owners of those BMW think that they are the Superiors on the road. But they dont know that Size(truck) makes a difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks