Please post some night pics.
BTW have u changed the grill mesh??
kpzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:32   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
man already you scared people with this beast
now you added up some flashy lights too.....
beware coimbatore citizens.
They are very effective against trucks. When they see my High Beam they immediately shift to low beam (if they are in High) , they just give up . In low beam only my head lights are ON and so they are harmless to the oncoming traffic.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:33   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Undead
Please post some night pics.
BTW have u changed the grill mesh??
Sure. today night i will be focusing the lights properly. I will take pictures in different beams.
Yes. I have changed the grill mesh.
Old 2nd July 2008, 20:20   #349
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics taken at night. I am not a professional photographer and i have just a 5.1MP camera. But the view from our naked eye is amazing , i cant see the light for few seconds.

Below is High Beam without Hella 500
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1844.jpg

High Beam with Hella 500
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1845.jpg

Four 100W bulbs working to blind the enemy. While viewing from long distance it wont seem like there are 4 lights .
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1848.jpg
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1849.jpg
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:07   #350
Senior - BHPian

Cool pics undead. I am sure you will have good time to blind oncoming traffic

And the car really looks like a monster when all the lights are ON

Last edited by djay99 : 2nd July 2008 at 21:08.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 22:02   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Cool pics undead. I am sure you will have good time to blind oncoming traffic

And the car really looks like a monster when all the lights are ON
Thanks djay. You should get this one too. Its better for night driving. It costs just Rs.2300 (pair)
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:12   #352
BHPian

Undead,

I must say, you car now really looks like race car. Neat work,pictures from you.

Could you suggest any alternatives high power bulbs which replaces current bulbs inside the headlamp cluster ?.

I too feel current headlamps are very weak and thinking og upgrading it in coming days.

cheers
Anju
Anju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:17   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Undead,

I must say, you car now really looks like race car. Neat work,pictures from you.

Could you suggest any alternatives high power bulbs which replaces current bulbs inside the headlamp cluster ?.

I too feel current headlamps are very weak and thinking og upgrading it in coming days.

cheers
Anju
Thanks Anju ,my friends told me it looks like a rally car at night. I have altered the stock lights to 100W . But not enough. Thats why i installed these powerful Hella lights . They are really good.
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:46   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

The extra lights do seem to work well but it doesnt gel with the car's looks IMHO.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:25   #355
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The extra lights do seem to work well but it doesnt gel with the car's looks IMHO.

I too would like to share the same opinion, the aggression is surely there at night times, but in sunlight it looks like 'overkill'. I was wondering about two things-

1) almost the whole of the grill is covered by the lights, does that in anyway affect airflow and cooling?(though the air dam seems adequate).

2) the fog lamp positions on the bumper could have been utilized for fitting a pair of add on lights thus maintaining the overall look of the car.

my 2 cents

P.S - the DIY on the light installation is neat!
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:23   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Well.. my first concern was the safety during night driving. The Headlights fail to give enough light through the centre of the car. After fitting these lights , i get good view on the centre of the car so that at night i can easily see if there are any potholes of the centre or if any person or a cycle is crossing the road. The pictures taken at night wont give you much idea how good those lights are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
I too would like to share the same opinion, the aggression is surely there at night times, but in sunlight it looks like 'overkill'. I was wondering about two things-

1) almost the whole of the grill is covered by the lights, does that in anyway affect airflow and cooling?(though the air dam seems adequate).

2) the fog lamp positions on the bumper could have been utilized for fitting a pair of add on lights thus maintaining the overall look of the car.

my 2 cents

P.S - the DIY on the light installation is neat!
1. Previously the air flow was slightly restricted too , due to the OE horns which were fitted on the way. There is enough air flow at the bottom of the bumper. To gain some , you lose some.

2. These are NOT fog lights , they are driving lights each having H3 100W bulbs as i use them all the time during night driving (only on High Beam ). Fitting a small fog lamp on the bumper wont be this effective.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:20   #357
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post

2. These are NOT fog lights , they are driving lights each having H3 100W bulbs as i use them all the time during night driving (only on High Beam ). Fitting a small fog lamp on the bumper wont be this effective.
never mentioned 'fog' in my post, just add on lights,so u got me wrong there.Well the looks its to each their own!

never heard that the getz lights were so under powered from any quarters, is this a one off problem with the reflectors?
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:53   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
never mentioned 'fog' in my post, just add on lights,so u got me wrong there.Well the looks its to each their own!

never heard that the getz lights were so under powered from any quarters, is this a one off problem with the reflectors?
Yes i got wrong. My mistake. Ask the other Getz Prime owners , they will surely say that the lights are underpowered.
Old 7th July 2008, 05:46   #359
Senior - BHPian

Default 5000 kms Update.

Clocked 5000kms so far . Here are some updates.

I am pretty satisfied with the car's performance. The pickup is great which is very useful while overtaking . The fuel efficiency figures are 15, 17 , 20 kmpl achieved in different driving conditions. The handling is at an average , need good set of rubber to improve them .

Mods done so far :

ICE : Sony HU with USB and Aux-in and JBL 607C & 937 Speakers
Xenon Security System for keyless entry
Hella Comet 500 Driving Lights with H3 100W bulbs
Roots Windtone Super Horns
Autographix Sun Film

Some Issues till now :
I am getting some sounds from the rear seat . Need to check up . The car is not to be blamed . Its the roads . I can hardly find smooth roads in my area due to the construction of 4-lane roads. I have been driving under lots of potholes and i think this vehicle has stood up well to it.

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-dsc00172.jpg
Old 7th July 2008, 08:36   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Clocked 5000kms so far . Here are some updates.

I am pretty satisfied with the car's performance.

Some Issues till now :
I am getting some sounds from the rear seat . Need to check up . The car is not to be blamed . Its the roads . I can hardly find smooth roads in my area due to the construction of 4-lane roads. I have been driving under lots of potholes and i think this vehicle has stood up well to it.
Check the rear parcel tray ends. A simple solution exists if the noise disappears when you remove the tray and drive.

The rear seats also may not be locked properly!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote