Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st July 2008, 22:13   #406
Senior - BHPian

But KpZen is used 195/60/14 in one of his GetZ Crdi.
He told there has been no issue raised till now.
But I am afraid to put 195/60/14 in 5J rims.
So i planned for 185/65/14 in stock 5J rims or Alloys 14*6J with Xm1+ 195/60/14.
if i go for Alloys then budget will shoot up to 15K-17K + 10K for tyres.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 21st July 2008 at 22:15.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:14   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
But KpZen is used 195/60/14 in one of his GetZ Crdi.
He told there has been no issue raised till now.
But I am afraid to put 195/60/14 in 5J rims.
So i planned for 185/65/14 in stock 5J rims or Alloys 14*6J with Xm1+ 195/60/14.
if i go for Alloys then budget will shoot up to 15K-17K + 10K for tyres.
putting 195/60 in 5J may affect some performance or the tires maynot be able to perform to the full extent.
That is why, i am first putting up alloys and use the stock tires for some months and then change to new tires so that i wont be needing to put too much money at a single time. I am going to keep the rims and the tires and use it when i sell the car. I am planning to buy Bridgestone GIII later.

And did you get any reply from Hyundai regarding the rim size? My mail didnt reach them and its returned back .

Last edited by undead : 22nd July 2008 at 07:18.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:27   #408
Senior - BHPian

Till now i haven't got any mails from them.
May be i'll go to stockyard today and check the stepney.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:35   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Till now i haven't got any mails from them.
May be i'll go to stockyard today and check the stepney.
I checked them at the Hyundai Service Centre and also at a tire shop by using a rim measuring scale. It would be written on the rim . Remove the stepney and check it.
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:07   #410
Senior - BHPian

I am going to buy HR alloys this week . 14" 6J with stock tires (175/65) . Is it ok guys? I am going for 6J so that i can fit 195/60 in the second set of tires.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:41   #411
Senior - BHPian

I got the reply from Hyundai for the rim size clarification

Quote:
Dear Mr. Vasanth,

We thank you as much for your patronage as for the time taken to write to us.
As for your query, please note that 5.5J 14 wheel is the alloy rim used only in GLX - which is the top-end variant in the petrol version.
While in CRDi, the fitment is 5.0J 14 Steel rim.

Hope the above will clarify your query.

Thanks & Regards
Sivakumar KD
South Regional Office
Hyundai Motor India Ltd
Tel : +91 44 42204674
Fax : +91 44 42119530
Mobile : +91 9940174287

Last edited by undead : 25th July 2008 at 11:42.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:34   #412
Senior - BHPian

Hey Getz CRDI owners,
A pal of mine is planning to buy a Swift vdi or a Getz CRDI, and has not made up his mind.
He's read rave reviews over Swift, and is getting attracted to it because it saves him around 50 K. But he has not ruled out Getz either. He wanted to know:-
1. It takes 2 mins to warm up the Getz before setting out in the morning
2. If it is skittish above 100 kmph.
3. If it has more turbo lag than Swift for city driving.

Any responses will be appreciated.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 13:39   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey Getz CRDI owners,
A pal of mine is planning to buy a Swift vdi or a Getz CRDI, and has not made up his mind.
He's read rave reviews over Swift, and is getting attracted to it because it saves him around 50 K. But he has not ruled out Getz either. He wanted to know:-

Havent driven one yet (just remembered that I have to call up kpgetz and ask him to stop talking about 150plus now and then!), 2 min for what?

Skittish as in?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 13:48   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Getz CRDI owners,

1. It is recommended that you warm the engine for a minute before setting out. I follow the same, but not two minutes for sure.
2. Above 100kmph, its not skittish with fatter rubber, but it may be to an extent with the stock ones. I changed my tyres before the first service, so I really haven't driven fast with them. However, I touched 140kmph with my Yokos and it was not bad. (Not great either, but that discussion if for another day )
3. Turbo Lag is noticable, but not enough to be sluggish in city driving. I rarely notice it because the torque is good even at sub 1800 RPMs.

Hope this helps.
Vivek.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 14:23   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
1. It is recommended that you warm the engine for a minute before setting out. I follow the same, but not two minutes for sure.
2. Above 100kmph, its not skittish with fatter rubber, but it may be to an extent with the stock ones. I changed my tyres before the first service, so I really haven't driven fast with them. However, I touched 140kmph with my Yokos and it was not bad. (Not great either, but that discussion if for another day )
3. Turbo Lag is noticable, but not enough to be sluggish in city driving. I rarely notice it because the torque is good even at sub 1800 RPMs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Meantime I also spoke to my neighbour who owns one. He says he generally drops his kid at the bus stop on his NHC as the Getz CRDI needs to be warmed up first, and he might miss the bus.
He also says it is a bit unstable above 120 due to its light body weight, compared to the Verna. He has not driven a Swift D so he could not comment on sluggishness in city driving from a comparative perspective.
Old 25th July 2008, 14:40   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Meantime I also spoke to my neighbour who owns one. He says he generally drops his kid at the bus stop on his NHC as the Getz CRDI needs to be warmed up first, and he might miss the bus.
He also says it is a bit unstable above 120 due to its light body weight, compared to the Verna. He has not driven a Swift D so he could not comment on sluggishness in city driving from a comparative perspective.
Its not mandatory to warm the engine. Its just recommendation and dont give heavy load like A/c or dont rush immediately. I never do that. I just start and go and after a km the blue light goes off.

I have touched 140 km in stock tires. At 120 kmph there is no problem . Shift to wider tires and it solves this problem . The torque is very high and starts early at below 2000 rpm .

Last edited by undead : 25th July 2008 at 14:41.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:29   #417
Senior - BHPian

Hi vnabhi,

> He says he generally drops his kid at the bus stop on his NHC as the Getz
> CRDI needs to be warmed up first, and he might miss the bus.

What a coincidence! He has two cars which ahve no temperature guage!

Even the NHC takes a minute for the blue 'not warm' indicator to go off in the NHC. If you don't do any severe acceleration etc it should not be a problem at all.

I usually move as soon as I start my NHC / Marina. The latter is never ever given a minute after starting / before stopping. Both the cars have the AC on permanently.

Had a Viva CRDi before. It never had a problem to run as soon as it was started.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 17:28   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi vnabhi,

> He says he generally drops his kid at the bus stop on his NHC as the Getz
> CRDI needs to be warmed up first, and he might miss the bus.

What a coincidence! He has two cars which ahve no temperature guage!

Even the NHC takes a minute for the blue 'not warm' indicator to go off in the NHC. If you don't do any severe acceleration etc it should not be a problem at all.

I usually move as soon as I start my NHC / Marina. The latter is never ever given a minute after starting / before stopping. Both the cars have the AC on permanently.

Had a Viva CRDi before. It never had a problem to run as soon as it was started.
Thanks for sharing this info. I never knew that the NHC did not have a temperature guage. I will pass on this info to my pal.
I told him to TD both Getz and Swift in dense traffic and on the highway and then take a call.
Old 26th July 2008, 07:12   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this info. I never knew that the NHC did not have a temperature guage. I will pass on this info to my pal.
I told him to TD both Getz and Swift in dense traffic and on the highway and then take a call.
I hope your dealer has the TD vehicle for Getz CRDi . If not , you drive the verna to know its engine power and a 1.3 Getz for comfort and handling.
Old 27th July 2008, 09:13   #420
Senior - BHPian

Fitted alloy wheels in the car with Stock tires . The dealer removed the tubes and asked me to run tubeless . I asked them why , they said the wheels come with mouth as default and if we are to insert the tube ,they need to cut the mouth in the alloy and each costs Rs.75. So they told me to keep the tube for emergency alone and drive without tubes.

Manufacturer : Yongle Alloys 14" 6J
Cost (net): Rs.15000 (set of 5 )
Balancing : Rs.450 .

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-dsc00174.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-dsc00175.jpg

I will post the full pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by undead : 27th July 2008 at 09:17.