Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 09:28   #421
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

6j alloy for a 175 tire is a little too much...N those goodyears are tube type tires. Please change them asap.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 10:56   #422
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
6j alloy for a 175 tire is a little too much...N those goodyears are tube type tires. Please change them asap.
In certain websites it says i can go upto 6.5J . Yes , those are tube types , but the dealer said many owners drive like that and they never faced any problems. If i have to fit the tubes , i need to remove the mouth in the alloy wheels , right ? If I do that , then when changing to tubeless in the second set of tires , i need to buy new set of mouths.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 11:20   #423
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

I have driven 200kms with stock tires and i wasn't very comfortable with them.
mouth of alloy wheels?? What's that?
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 11:23   #424
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I have driven 200kms with stock tires and i wasn't very comfortable with them.
mouth of alloy wheels?? What's that?
i think maybe its the valves. tubeless and tube type have different valves?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 11:31   #425
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I have driven 200kms with stock tires and i wasn't very comfortable with them.
mouth of alloy wheels?? What's that?
I dont mind if the tire wears out faster. In fact i am happy if it does , as i am eager to shift to wider tires. And do i need to lower the psi since i put alloys? i usually keep 32 psi in front and 30 psi in rear. Shall i make it 30 psi for all ? I am getting little vibrations , i feel i am keeping the air pressure a little high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i think maybe its the valves. tubeless and tube type have different valves?
yes , i was talking about the valves .

Last edited by undead : 27th July 2008 at 11:33.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 06:35   #426
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Pictures of my Getz with alloys.

Name:  DSC_0010 Medium.JPG
Views: 1421
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0013 Medium.JPG
Views: 1367
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0015 Medium.JPG
Views: 1339
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0028 Medium.JPG
Views: 1328
Size:  51.0 KB
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 11:17   #427
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Congrats vasanth. Car is looking good. Which brand alloys you bought? and for how much?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 13:03   #428
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats vasanth. Car is looking good. Which brand alloys you bought? and for how much?
I already gave the details few posts back

Yongle Alloys 14" 6J
Cost : Rs.15000 (5 nos)
Balancing - Rs.450
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 22:49   #429
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
do i need to lower the psi since i put alloys? i usually keep 32 psi in front and 30 psi in rear. Shall i make it 30 psi for all ? I am getting little vibrations , i feel i am keeping the air pressure a little high.
I have this question too - what should be the tire's air pressure after upsizing? should we stick to the factory recommended, or should we experiment, say with max - 10% pressure?
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 15:17   #430
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

@undead, the vibrations that you are getting is not due to the higher air pressure. It might be due to the improper wheel balancing.

If you are sure about your wheel balancing, then it is probably due to the hub size of the alloys being too large thus creating a gap when fitted. This can be sorted out using rings.

Naman
naman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 16:14   #431
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
@undead, the vibrations that you are getting is not due to the higher air pressure. It might be due to the improper wheel balancing.

If you are sure about your wheel balancing, then it is probably due to the hub size of the alloys being too large thus creating a gap when fitted. This can be sorted out using rings.

Naman
Balancing has been done.
May be its due to the reason that i am using tubetype tires as tubeless and also that 175/65 is not recommended for 6J width
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 00:01   #432
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 128
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Balancing has been done.
May be its due to the reason that i am using tubetype tires as tubeless and also that 175/65 is not recommended for 6J width
Hey,

I don't think that tubeless will cause vibrations. However, not too sure about whether 175s on 6 Js will cause it or not.

As far as I'm concerned, when I changed to alloys (14x6) I used to get vibrations even after doing proper balancing. After that tire dealer suggested me to put hub rings and now the vibrations are gone. I suggest you check this thing out as well.

Btw, tires that I'm using are PPs 195/60-14. Now I just love the stability and control at high speeds. Simply enjoying the car.

Naman
naman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 06:18   #433
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman View Post
Hey,

I don't think that tubeless will cause vibrations. However, not too sure about whether 175s on 6 Js will cause it or not.

As far as I'm concerned, when I changed to alloys (14x6) I used to get vibrations even after doing proper balancing. After that tire dealer suggested me to put hub rings and now the vibrations are gone. I suggest you check this thing out as well.

Btw, tires that I'm using are PPs 195/60-14. Now I just love the stability and control at high speeds. Simply enjoying the car.

Naman
I am going to fit the tubes back in the tires and will ask the tire dealer about the hub rings. I have left the car at the Hyundai service as i am getting sounds from the suspension.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:26   #434
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

The sound from the suspension has been solved. The hyundai service men did the job very well . The sound is gone and the car is as fresh as new. They said , they removed the suspension kit and re-fitted it after applying some grease . Hey djay , hope the sound problem from your Getz is solved too
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:58   #435
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

I have changed Michelin PP1(195/60-14) on P&W 14" wheels to 205/50-15 Maxxis Victra on P&W 15" alloys.
Here is the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-26072008371.jpg  

djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 81,449 kms Service Report PatienceWins Long-Term Ownership Reviews 174 25th November 2017 11:10
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done ShyamSCrdi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 190 6th March 2011 22:28
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Silver Getz Prime CRDi VGT djay99 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 157 2nd April 2009 13:55
Accessories for Bright Silver Getz mangywarez Modifications & Accessories 7 26th July 2005 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks