Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 22nd September 2008, 21:16   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post

I WISH i had these things in my car that could have saved me from this accident :
1. ABS (MUST MUST MUST)
2. I should have changed the tires to Michelin or other good tires from Stock Goodyear GPS2. My dad didnt want to waste the money on buying new tires before the first set has worn out.
3. I shouldnt have been driving this tubetype tires as tubeless .
(Some of my TBhp friends warned me about the tires , but i was unable to put the solution for it and now I have paid the price.

All the above may or may not have prevented the accident. However what would have surely prevented it is what you have written below. I hope you understand my point

|
|
V

Another Important thing : PLEASE never get tensed while driving. If someone calls you very urgent , dont get tensed about it and lose concentration .
Good to know ur safe! I hope there is no big damage to ur car. Pray for the biker!

thanks

Elito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:31   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolexpert View Post

If I undertand it, Getz CRDi would totally lack features and freebies, and only the alcoholic engine and fantastic space/size would be the attraction - any Team-BHP-ian correct me if I am wrong on it.

Would appreciate your suggestions.
you dont need to upgrade to alloys just upgrade the tyres. upgrading would cost between 5-10k for all the tyres. undeads tyres wouldnt have burst if he was using them as tube type tyres like they are designed to be used.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:20   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I had a big accident today .. Got my little monster damaged .. I went to fit Amps today..We had a small function at home and i had to get back home fast. My dad kept calling me every 5 mins asking whether the work was over and asked me to come fast. I had no other choice but to drive as fast as i could. While i was approaching a small bend , i was about to overtake a truck , but the truck came slightly to the right as he was overtaking another two wheeler , and i saw an oncoming pulsar coming fast , i braked hard as he had no place to cross me . The wheels locked and the tires burst and i lost control and he too lost control as he too hit the brakes hard and crashed on me. The front right side got damaged and the alloys broke into bits. I didnt have much time to look at my car. I called up my dad and he came with many people. One known person of my dad came there and he took me away from that place as someone might start beating me. The case is yet to be registered . The guy in the pulsar has a fracture in his leg. We have informed the insurance company .

I WISH i had these things in my car that could have saved me from this accident :
1. ABS (MUST MUST MUST)
2. I should have changed the tires to Michelin or other good tires from Stock Goodyear GPS2. My dad didnt want to waste the money on buying new tires before the first set has worn out.
3. I shouldnt have been driving this tubetype tires as tubeless .
(Some of my TBhp friends warned me about the tires , but i was unable to put the solution for it and now I have paid the price.

Another Important thing : PLEASE never get tensed while driving. If someone calls you very urgent , dont get tensed about it and lose concentration .
Ouch!! That hurts! Thank God you came out of this fine!

She will be alright, post a few snaps of the damage when you can - did you get an estimate yet?
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:47   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
sad to hear. hopefully not to much damage to your car. hate to say it but i told you so about the tires. all the tires burst or did they just lock up?
Only the front right tires bursted . The alloys broke . I think the alloys broke after the accident and got punctured or vice versa which i couldnt analyse it as it all happened in a fraction of a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
soo sorry to hear that!!!!
atleast you are fine...the car will be back soon don't worry....a couple of days at the workshop and she will be roaring to go again...a little more careful this time though...
The hyundai guys say it will take a month for the car to get back in shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Good to know ur safe! I hope there is no big damage to ur car. Pray for the biker!

thanks

Elito
Damage is big , the right arm is damaged and the wheel couldnt move .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ouch!! That hurts! Thank God you came out of this fine!

She will be alright, post a few snaps of the damage when you can - did you get an estimate yet?
I still didnt get an estimate
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:00   #485
Senior - BHPian

below are the pics :

Name:  DSCN0569 Medium.JPG
Views: 866
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  DSCN0567 Medium.JPG
Views: 1444
Size:  74.8 KB

I asked the Hyundai service guy for the estimate. He made a list , but he couldnt get the prices for the parts as this is THE Getz CRDi . He says , its a new car and they dont have the prices for it and they had to enquire with the HO and will give the estimate later. I will post the details of the estimate once i get it. He says , it will take a week for the parts to come as they have to order it. One of the alloys is broken and i forgot to take a pic , i fitted the spare wheel and the new tires are damaged because the tires were touching the body while driving. I enquired the tire dealer and he said he will get the single alloy once he has the model number from me.
One good news for me. : My dad finally decided to change all the tires to michelin
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:25   #486
BHPian

Did you have 5 alloys. If yes then i don't think there is need for an another alloy. you can keep a normal rim and tyre as spare. Also buy only 4 michelin's and keep your existing tire as spare. The damage does not look severe and most of it will be repaired under insurance. I don't get the crdi part. Is there any damage to the engine, that parts will take time to arrive. The body is the same as the getz prime, and the parts should be easily available. It normally takes time as the insurance procedure takes time for approval and they order for parts only after insurance approval. Also there will be a queue for the repair of body work, so it takes time.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 23rd September 2008 at 17:30.
hemanthisgreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:47   #487
Senior - BHPian

Damage is not too bad cosmetically. You would need a new fender & head light. Along with that you would need denting painiting of the A-pillar, bumper & probably the bonnet & driver's door too. As for the suspension, since you say the tyre was rubbing, it seems there's lower arm damage which is not too expensive but make sure you have everything checked up.

Also, parts for Getz CRDi etc. is all bull****. Most parts like the body parts are common so why can't they give you prices for those??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:55   #488
Senior - BHPian

Headlamp - Rs 3750
Bumper - Rs 1650 Paint extra
Fender - Rs 1610
Apron - Rs 2500

Good luck.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:03   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Headlamp - Rs 3750
Fender - Rs 1610
Apron - Rs 2500

Good luck.
He will be lucky if they let him go that easily. It will surely be much more than that. I am sure they will be changing suspension also claiming noises etc.
hemanthisgreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 20:12   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Did you have 5 alloys. If yes then i don't think there is need for an another alloy. you can keep a normal rim and tyre as spare. Also buy only 4 michelin's and keep your existing tire as spare. The damage does not look severe and most of it will be repaired under insurance. I don't get the crdi part. Is there any damage to the engine, that parts will take time to arrive. The body is the same as the getz prime, and the parts should be easily available. It normally takes time as the insurance procedure takes time for approval and they order for parts only after insurance approval. Also there will be a queue for the repair of body work, so it takes time.
5 alloys. The new tire is slightly damaged . I will get a closer pic of the tire when i visit the workshop again. I am going for 195/60 tires. So i think i have to buy all 5 tires. He says , the front portion is slightly altered due to the engine size . I will get the full details tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Damage is not too bad cosmetically. You would need a new fender & head light. Along with that you would need denting painiting of the A-pillar, bumper & probably the bonnet & driver's door too. As for the suspension, since you say the tyre was rubbing, it seems there's lower arm damage which is not too expensive but make sure you have everything checked up.

Also, parts for Getz CRDi etc. is all bull****. Most parts like the body parts are common so why can't they give you prices for those??
Yes, the right arm is damaged .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Headlamp - Rs 3750
Fender - Rs 1610
Apron - Rs 2500

Good luck.
Wow .. I think the estimate may cross Rs.40000 . Because he had some 12-15 items in his list..
Old 24th September 2008, 10:18   #491
BHPian

@undead, do not worry - this does not seem too alarming a damage.
Just ensure that the AC set-up is not damaged.

In the year 2003, my earlier Santro LS, was hit by a Military vehicle(Stallion) on Trinity Church Road, MG Road, Bangalore.

The damage was far more than this, and similar right side of the car.

Advaith Hyundai did an excellent job and delivered a great car back in a week's time.

The insurance guys did pay up, though I had to sheel out about 7-8k from my pocket.

This being a Getz, and considering higher prices, maybe you will end up paying 10-12k from your pocket.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 11:23   #492
BHPian

[quote=undead;988777]5 alloys. The new tire is slightly damaged . I will get a closer pic of the tire when i visit the workshop again. I am going for 195/60 tires. So i think i have to buy all 5 tires.

Undead, 195/60 is too big for the Getz. I am using 195/55 and its the right upsize. I am sure the former will scrape on full load.
Hope you come out of all this soon. Do let us know what happened to the biker.
Vivek.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 12:01   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post

Undead, 195/60 is too big for the Getz. I am using 195/55 and its the right upsize. I am sure the former will scrape on full load.
Vivek
Why do u say so?
195/60-14 won't scrape in any situation. The other CRDi in the family is running on the same tire size without any problem.

BTW 195/60-14 is smaller than 195/55-15.

Last edited by kpzen : 24th September 2008 at 12:12.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2008, 12:03   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
@undead, do not worry - this does not seem too alarming a damage.
Just ensure that the AC set-up is not damaged.

In the year 2003, my earlier Santro LS, was hit by a Military vehicle(Stallion) on Trinity Church Road, MG Road, Bangalore.

The damage was far more than this, and similar right side of the car.

Advaith Hyundai did an excellent job and delivered a great car back in a week's time.

The insurance guys did pay up, though I had to sheel out about 7-8k from my pocket.

This being a Getz, and considering higher prices, maybe you will end up paying 10-12k from your pocket.
The guys say , it will take a week for the parts to arrive. I have a M800 with me though. So no hurries for me to get the car back . I still didnt get an estimate.

Quote:
5 alloys. The new tire is slightly damaged . I will get a closer pic of the tire when i visit the workshop again. I am going for 195/60 tires. So i think i have to buy all 5 tires.

Hope you come out of all this soon. Do let us know what happened to the biker.
The biker and the pillion are injured . The rider is down with fracture in his leg and the pillion's leg is slightly injured . I didnt go and see them. Just got the information .
Some TBhp guys are using 195/60 only and they dont have any problem with it. The speedo error for 195/55 is 2.23% and whereas for 195/60 it is 1.11% . So , i think 195/60 is the right size . Guys ?????

Last edited by undead : 24th September 2008 at 12:05.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:24   #495
BHPian

Now I've made myself look like an idiot.
I was assuming undead was upsizing to 15". For 14", 195/60 is the correct size indeeed. I am on 15" in my CRDi.
Vivek.Martin is offline   Reply With Quote