Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 20:14   #601
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
What kind of noise are you getting DJ? A 'thud' noise or 'sqwak' noise?
I was getting some sqwaking noise from my Getz rear suspention but it went away after lubrication.
Hello vaibhav,
I was getting sqwak noise from left rear suspension. Now its gone. Dont know when it will be back. How is your Getz doing?

Undead,
I have covered over 200 KM and no noise as of now.

Last edited by djay99 : 8th January 2009 at 20:16.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 21:49   #602
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Djay, Even I was getting a squeaking noise from the rear suspension earlier but now it gone after the service centre guys did some adjustments. I had to actually take them on a test drive to show them where the noise was coming from.. But now I have different problems... it is a "thud" noise that I get on rough roads particularly from the rear left suspension... I guess it has something to do with the dampers.
birashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:41   #603
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birashis View Post
Djay, Even I was getting a squeaking noise from the rear suspension earlier but now it gone after the service centre guys did some adjustments. I had to actually take them on a test drive to show them where the noise was coming from.. But now I have different problems... it is a "thud" noise that I get on rough roads particularly from the rear left suspension... I guess it has something to do with the dampers.
From where did you get your car serviced?
If possible write an email to hyundai. You will get calls from regional service manager and you will be given top priority and these service guys will have to solve your problem immediately as hyundai keeps on calling them every day.
I had sent an email earlier on some other issue. Hyundai Customer support reacted very well.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 15:16   #604
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Hello vaibhav,
I was getting sqwak noise from left rear suspension. Now its gone. Dont know when it will be back. How is your Getz doing?

Undead,
I have covered over 200 KM and no noise as of now.
My car is doing greate.
This noise is due to lack of lubrication, get it well lubed and it will be gone.
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 07:43   #605
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Okay djay and vabs , i will inform the service centre about this . Let me see what they can do .
And , My dog scratched my car bonnet and sides when trying to catch a cat, which went under my car. What can be done ? Wax polish is effective ?
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 15:51   #606
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

For the earlier squeaking noise I got my car serviced at the Jakkasandra service station (You can talk to the service engineer Mr. jayaprakash).

Last Saturday I had visited the Hosur road service station.. The service engineer said that the suspension is all fine and there is no problem with it. He said that they have checked everything and tightened some parts.

I think I will have to wait until I revisit similar ghat roads and then see if I am still getting the thudding noise. To be honest I feel that this is a genuine issue with Getz suspension which is too soft to handle heavier loads, particularly on the bends where there is lot of pressure on the suspension. May be it is better to upgrade to good suspension like Koni? But then it is expensive and why waste the stock shock absorbers while they are working ok...
birashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 22:34   #607
BHPian
 
vabs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pune, India
Posts: 551
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birashis View Post
To be honest I feel that this is a genuine issue with Getz suspension which is too soft to handle heavier loads, particularly on the bends where there is lot of pressure on the suspension.
This is certainly not true.
Last month only I did a journey of 700+kms (Nagpur-Pune) with the rear seat of my Getz folded and entire car loaded with luggage till almost roof.

I didn't face this kind of issue even once. In fact I was surprised to see that I was able to drive quiet aggressively (AC was on all the time). I was overtaking and takeing on the corners as if car doesn't have any load at all.

GetZ CRDi rocks...
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 10:56   #608
BHPian
 
Proxima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 801
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

So the Getz CDRi has a problem with the suspensions? Seems to be the case almost always. Hmm.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:50   #609
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

The squeking noise has started once again from left rear suspension. I am writing an email to Hyundai. Will keep the post updated.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 19:06   #610
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
The squeking noise has started once again from left rear suspension. I am writing an email to Hyundai. Will keep the post updated.
I told you and i was correct. I am getting lots of rattle sounds from inside. Cant blame the car , the roads here are under construction (Salem to Coimbatore NH Highway) and very bad. I am nearing 15000kms mark and will be going to the service centre for a small service and fix the rattle sounds. Heavy scratches in my car due to my watch dog. Got to do something about it too.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 08:15   #611
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default 15000 kms and Third Service Update

Just completed the 3rd Free Service and the issues I had so far.

1. Rattling sounds from rear doors and front doors , due to bad roads here. Fixed during the service.

2. Engine Oil changed and also the oil filter.

3. Interior Cleaning was asked to be done as my interiors got dirty as i was carrying Cement bags , Floor Tiles , Paints etc as some construction work was going on in my house and i had to use my getz to carry them by folding the rear seats. Also carried my 40" LCD TV .

Service Costs :

1. Engine Oil 15/w/40 Rs.989.35
2. Oil Filter Rs.300
3. Interior Cleaning Rs.700

Total Bill including Vat and Service Tax comes to Rs. 2236

I am pretty happy with the cars performance. Getting overall Fuel Efficiency of 16kmpl . Engine is Rocking as usual . The only problem is the brakes . Looking for EBC brakes .
I will be in chennai on 14th , 15th and 16th of this month and hope i would find the EBC brake pads in Chennai .

Here is my beauty .
Name:  Picture 050 Medium.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  59.1 KB
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 11:54   #612
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Just completed the 3rd Free Service and the
You should get the tread title changed to reflect the present position!

By the way, did you know that the front number plate does not comply to existing regulations?
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 15:20   #613
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Service Costs :
1. Engine Oil 15/w/40 Rs.989.35
2. Oil Filter Rs.300
3. Interior Cleaning Rs.700
Total Bill including Vat and Service Tax comes to Rs. 2236
3rd service without any extra work should cost around only 1500.

BTW I'm nearing 18000kms and the 3rd service.
Do u still have that suspension noise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I am pretty happy with the cars performance. Getting overall Fuel Efficiency of 16kmpl . Engine is Rocking as usual . The only problem is the brakes . Looking for EBC brakes .
I will be in chennai on 14th , 15th and 16th of this month and hope i would find the EBC brake pads in Chennai .
What exactly is the problem with brakes? Stopping distance or just brake feel?
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 16:20   #614
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,



You should get the tread title changed to reflect the present position!

By the way, did you know that the front number plate does not comply to existing regulations?
I already sent a notification through a Report to the Mods.
What do you mean exactly for the number plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
3rd service without any extra work should cost around only 1500.

BTW I'm nearing 18000kms and the 3rd service.
Do u still have that suspension noise?


What exactly is the problem with brakes? Stopping distance or just brake feel?
I had suspension noise for few days , after that the noise was appearing rarely only . Now they said they have rectified . Will only know after a few days.
Regarding the brakes - the stopping distance is not that great for this power. My roads here filled with truck traffic and close overtaking is a minute to minute strategy here and i need good brakes if i had to make a quick slow. Of course , i mostly use gear braking along with wheel brakes , but still i dont mind spending some bugs for better brakes (safety).
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 16:28   #615
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
What do you mean exactly for the number plates?
undead i believe trrk is talking about the number plate being too small.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Getz 1.3 Prime. EDIT : 81,449 kms Service Report PatienceWins Long-Term Ownership Reviews 174 25th November 2017 11:10
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done ShyamSCrdi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 190 6th March 2011 22:28
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Silver Getz Prime CRDi VGT djay99 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 157 2nd April 2009 13:55
Accessories for Bright Silver Getz mangywarez Modifications & Accessories 7 26th July 2005 11:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks