Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 30th September 2008, 06:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Just got the car after my first official service. The KMs done so far was 4710. I went to Vijay motors in Mahadevpura on Friday and took appointment for Monday. Went to service center @ 8:10am and found not one there. Actually they have asked me to come by 8am.
I see a lot of difference between the first reassurance checkup and this one. The difference is in the negative side. Last time when I went, they were so systematic and I was thinking they are doing a good job. Seems its all because they are newly opened. Now its like any center.
Btw, the service advisor came around 9am and I gave the vehicle. No complaints was given. The vehicle was serviced, oil changed, oil filter changed and brakes adjusted.
The water was also done. The cleaning was not up to mark and I can see the water marks on the windshield.
Overall, Vijay motors should wake up and make sure they dont go down anymore and improve the service.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 09:47   #137
Senior - BHPian

Ouch MJothi! That sucks! To wish companies to maintain a standard seems to be too much to ask for!

Did they have a feedback form? If so, I hope you wrote what you thought!

And what was the SA's excuse for asking you to turn up at 8 and he himself coming at 9?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 09:58   #138
BHPian

Congratulations on a nice deal and a very fine car -

I have always been of the opinion that the true value of the Aveo has not been yet demonstrated.
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 11:00   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok,
The water was also done. The cleaning was not up to mark and I can see the water marks on the windshield.
Overall, Vijay motors should wake up and make sure they dont go down anymore and improve the service.
Hi mjothi,
Look at my comments after my 10K service, same issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...tml#post977570

During the feedback call i have told them these issues, they told me to take the vehicle for a complete wash. Saturday i went there. They took a complaint from me and did a wonderful job free of cost.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 11:30   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Saturday i went there. They took a complaint from me and did a wonderful job free of cost.
Thats good to hear. But, this spoils the reputation. Is it not their job to complete it in the first place? Eventhough it is done free of cost, it still involves time & cost for the customer. Who pays for the petrol and time
Sorry, i may seem like asking for more, but then!!

Anyway, i will certainly complaint if they call hoping that everyone complaints and that will help them to identify the root cause and rectify. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ouch MJothi! That sucks! To wish companies to maintain a standard seems to be too much to ask for!

Did they have a feedback form? If so, I hope you wrote what you thought!

And what was the SA's excuse for asking you to turn up at 8 and he himself coming at 9?
Yes. The service should be atleast in same line if not getting better. I saw one more Tavera customer there during my visit waiting to give a complaint for the service done the previous day. Same issue, was not cleaned properly and not even the interiors.

So looks like its taken for granted because we are not paying for it. No, we paid upfront for the cashless ownership. So, whats the point?
Old 30th September 2008, 11:38   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The service should be atleast in same line if not getting better. I saw one more Tavera customer there during my visit waiting to give a complaint for the service done the previous day. Same issue, was not cleaned properly and not even the interiors.

So looks like its taken for granted because we are not paying for it. No, we paid upfront for the cashless ownership. So, whats the point?
All dealerships are same. They weight perfectly on the weighing scale. Asking for better customer facility is a pain nowadays. At one point of time they speak about cashless ownership and anotehr point they do these type of things. God knows when they will actually focus ont he customers.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 16:02   #142
Senior - BHPian

Sundaram is also as bad in interior cleaning as Vijai. I compained to the service advisor about marks on the seat after my 1 year service and he replied that I can get the paid 3M interior cleaning done if I want to! They left my driver seat in far worse condition than before the service.

I HATE beige interiors and GM service cleanliness!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 16:08   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sundaram is also as bad in interior cleaning as Vijai. I compained to the service advisor about marks on the seat after my 1 year service and he replied that I can get the paid 3M interior cleaning done if I want to! They left my driver seat in far worse condition than before the service.

I HATE beige interiors and GM service cleanliness!
Agree. I use the Turtle wax for the interiors once in a while. it does help to keep it good. So, you can try something of this sort. What else we can do if the very own company is not looking after their car :(
Old 9th October 2008, 21:59   #144
Senior - BHPian

Default Crossed 5000KMs - update

So far so good.

I recently did a long trip to down south and that was a 1100+KMs trip. The vehicle behaved as good as it could be. I had no issues. It was me who hit him in the bottom while crossing a rock

But luckily it did not do anything worst. Just a dent in the exhaust manifold from engine.

I have been getting a consistant mileage of 13+ from purchase. This is 60% highways and rest in city.

This 1100kms trip gave a overall mileage of 17kmpl. That was a plesant surprise for me too. Because, the trip was done on the ghat sections.

This was measured tank full to tank full (auto cut-off)

The 2nd time I did tank full, the bunk guy made it over flow. So, may be little more than auto cut-off. fyi.

I liked the NVH level in this car. Its completely silent inside once you raise the windows.

The only portion I dont like in this guy is, the pickup in the 2nd with the AC on :(

Planning to get the K&N filter. Lets see if there's any difference after that.

Will keep you updated.

Cheers.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:04   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hi mjothi,

Congrats on the Senior BHPian first! Did not notice it earlier :-).

What K&N model are you considering and why? I have been thinking of the Green Wind filter + CAI for some time now. Keep us in the loop!
Old 10th October 2008, 22:04   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi mjothi,

Congrats on the Senior BHPian first! Did not notice it earlier :-).

What K&N model are you considering and why? I have been thinking of the Green Wind filter + CAI for some time now. Keep us in the loop!
This is the one I had in mind. Its same as the one our other member nirmalts had put in his Aveo. his feedback was that it helped in the slight increase in pickup of Aveo in 2nd gear with AC.

33-2320 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter

Any feedback from ur side?
Old 10th October 2008, 22:44   #147
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mjothi for the quick answer!

I was considering the pros and cons of fitting the Green Cotton 'Wind' Cold Air Intake (CAI) which replaces the entire stock air filter (and the black air filter box on the left of the engine) completely. The cost is around 3.8k for the actual Wind filter (designed for engines upto 100bhp) with 1.7k for the dynamisation kit (actually a flexible pipe!). Fitting should be similar to the following thread and no custom piping will be needed IMO.

Check out the excellent TBHP thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ed-baleno.html (Greens CAI installed in Baleno)

The Aveo engine bay (picture attached) is very similar to the Baleno's!

PROs (hoped for):
Better low end response (below 2000 rpm etc)
Better mileage
Sportier engine noise

CONs:
This will unfortunately (I think) violate GM warranty and I would need to retain the stock fittings and swap them back into my Aveo each time it went for service.
Lower mileage (if I start revving it to hear the engine 'roar')

I am concerned about the 'replacement filters' because I would rather spend Rs. 300 every 6 months changing the paper one than go for a much more expensive K&N cotton one which (even then) needs messy cleaning and maintenance!

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th October 2008 at 22:45.
Old 13th November 2008, 23:37   #148
Senior - BHPian

@itwasntme, sorry for late response.

I dont think I will not go for any mods like this

May be will try to change the filter and see the performance. I think nirmalts had this filter on his car, but I could not get a chance to have a look & feel of how it performs. Anyone here had changed to K&N on a Aveo 1.4? If so, I would like to see it once.

Btw, i was thinking of updating this details many times, but could not. Now its here.

2nd Service details @ 4717kms on ODO.

Engine oil change : rs. 163
Filter A-Oil eng : rs. 68

Total Rs.231/- [Ofcourse taken care by the Cashless ownership program]

What is this Filter A-Oil eng?

Last edited by mjothi : 13th November 2008 at 23:54.
Old 14th November 2008, 07:49   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Engine oil change : rs. 163
How come so cheap engine oil? Was it a top-up ?

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 11:36   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
How come so cheap engine oil? Was it a top-up ?

Abhi
That is what I was also wondering. My Activa 1ltr 2T costed me 250rs. But I did not notice this during the delivery. Only I keyed in it here, I was wondering.

btw, it also said qty as 4. is it 4 lts? Possible?