Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th April 2009, 13:26   #181
Senior - BHPian

With the recent trip to Tiruvannamalai, I completed the 12K KMs

unfortunately I had to break open my car since we left the Key inside the boot and the car was locked

Finally it was opened with the help of a 2-wheeler mechanic. Opening the beading and using a rod to unlatch the lock helped to open the door.

With this operation, I started to hear rattling in the driver side door. I went to Vijay Motors today and got it fixed. The rattleing sound was due to the fact that one thin rod that connects the Door handle key lock (marked by white circle) was slipped from its position. Luckily nothing happened.

All well in 250 bucks. Happy motoring!!!!!!!

Name:  IMG00263.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  76.3 KB

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00264.jpg

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img_9189.jpg
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 20:22   #182
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on doing 12K. On long trips I always have my wife carry the spare key with her in her purse for such eventualities.

But I am glad nothing serious happened and afterall al well that ends well.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 09:27   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
unfortunately I had to break open my car since we left the Key inside the boot and the car was locked

Finally it was opened with the help of a 2-wheeler mechanic. Opening the beading and using a rod to unlatch the lock helped to open the door.
Hi Mahesh,

You know what I keep a spare key in my wallet, these keys are specially designed to be kept in wallet and can be bought and duplicated from a reputed computerized key maker, these keys dont have the plastic area so therefore are not thick and feels like not more then 3 coins in the wallet.

Will cost you around 200-250rs.

Cheers.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 10:01   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hi Mahesh,

You know what I keep a spare key in my wallet, these keys are specially designed to be kept in wallet and can be bought and duplicated from a reputed computerized key maker, these keys dont have the plastic area so therefore are not thick and feels like not more then 3 coins in the wallet.

Will cost you around 200-250rs.

Cheers.
Thats an excellent idea. I will try to look out for one here. Thanks man.
Old 8th April 2009, 11:03   #185
BANNED

Congratulations on using the car they way it is meant to be. And oh yes, the spare key, a must if you're leaving the city.
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 20:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

ok, got my first mod done in my Aveo.

Went to Sathya (EVO, in Cambridge Layout) and got my Head Lamp bulbs changed. Went for the 90/100w mico bosch bulb. With the cut-off kit costed me 900 bucks. And I definitely see a good improvement than the stock bulbs.

Hope it helps my night driving!!!
Old 19th April 2009, 20:31   #187
Senior - BHPian

Mr.M-ModAveo,

What is this sir! Just a headlight change! I was expecting something more!

But yes, if you have just migrated to 90/100, the change will be very very noticeable. Your night drives has just got brighter and you will find larger vehicle giving you some respect (with respect to dimming in request!).
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 20:31   #188
BHPian

Quote:

Went to Sathya (EVO, in Cambridge Layout) and got my Head Lamp bulbs changed. Went for the 90/100w mico bosch bulb. With the cut-off kit costed me 900 bucks. And I definitely see a good improvement than the stock bulbs.

Does this affect the warranty of electricals in your car?
I wanted to do that for my U-VA and the GM guys told me it would void warranty in case of any electrical issue.
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 20:51   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Does this affect the warranty of electricals in your car?
I wanted to do that for my U-VA and the GM guys told me it would void warranty in case of any electrical issue.
No. It does not. Atleast that's what told by the Vijay Motors SA. I specifically went and checked with them. ofcourse, nothing in writing.
Old 19th April 2009, 21:29   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hope you have put in the right relays for this high wattage. Otherwise, the wire will burn out during long night drives dur to the heat. I would still recommend to go with 65W. Recently, my friend's h/l burned out on LH side during his return from a long trip due to overheating though he had put in the relays. However, it is your decision.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 21:48   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hope you have put in the right relays for this high wattage. Otherwise, the wire will burn out during long night drives dur to the heat. I would still recommend to go with 65W. Recently, my friend's h/l burned out on LH side during his return from a long trip due to overheating though he had put in the relays. However, it is your decision.
Thanks. Yes, I got relay cut off also from same people and installed.
Old 20th April 2009, 09:19   #192
BHPian

Quote:
No. It does not. Atleast that's what told by the Vijay Motors SA. I specifically went and checked with them. ofcourse, nothing in writing.
But sometime back GM guys told me, it would void the warranty in case of any electrical issue. I am not remembering exactly who told me this, either Vijay or Sundaram? Over the phone only i had checked this at that time.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 23:14   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
But sometime back GM guys told me, it would void the warranty in case of any electrical issue. I am not remembering exactly who told me this, either Vijay or Sundaram? Over the phone only i had checked this at that time.
Now you scare me

Anyway, usually its like if you "cut" any wiring in the line, then it voids warranty. But if you are not disturbing the existing line and using then it should be ok. This is what my understanding too.

Hope it does not give any trouble to me.
Old 21st April 2009, 05:46   #194
Senior - BHPian

^^ the warranty would be void only if there is a cut to the original wiring. If ist is just a clip-on, warranty is still intact.

Enjoy the light, snake man.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 10:03   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Now you scare me

Anyway, usually its like if you "cut" any wiring in the line, then it voids warranty. But if you are not disturbing the existing line and using then it should be ok. This is what my understanding too.

Hope it does not give any trouble to me.
Sorry for confusing you. Pardon my ignorance. I didn't go through much details.
Yeah, Aveo badly needs a bulb upgrade.

One help from you, Can you please go through this link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1254997 (Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 buying experience and 1200km updates)

Let me know, Do I need to do any further check on rims / tyres.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote