Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st December 2010, 14:30   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Hey

I changed the tyres on 45k exact, they could have done another 2-3k but did not want to take the risk. I stuck to the same profile but am using Yokos A drive now.

I also used to get wheel alignment done only after 10k but luckily the wear was even in all, btw How many kms has your car done so far?
Just 30K KMs.

Unfortunately, the wear was more on the front left. For now, it seems I can easily do more than 5K as per the service guys.

Hows the Yoko? I was quoted 5.2K for each Michelin PLC 195/60R14.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Maybe the ride quality deteriorated with the tyres and new tyres have made it better, but yeah there is a noticable difference. One difference I immediately noted was handling of the car is much better now.

I have just done 1.5 k on new tyres, but I am veryy happy with the purchase. Each stock tyre costed me 3.5 k ( I changed only 4 as the steppany was unused). Balancing, labour and nitrogen filling was for free.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:21   #228
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deky.

Just completed a ~2000 KM drive last week. And a visit to the forest. I am happy to see the way the car managed inside the forest, which was the jeep territory. Followed the forest officers 4x4 Bolero with my Aveo. Including couple of stream crossing. Luckily those were not deep. Result, couple of scratches below the belly.

The whole trip was around 50KM one way passing several hills. It was a one of a experience, crossing those wild forest in the midnight

Having crossed the 30K in my Aveo, I am one happy Chevy customer.

The only thing I am not happy about this is the head light. It is not sufficient for the night drives. I did upgrade it to the 90/100, but its removed after suggestions from Sundaram motors. Thinking of fitting a extra light on the grill, but not sure how good it would be.

Lets see.

Aveo, silently resting in front of the forest guest house.
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-pano.jpg
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:44   #229
Senior - BHPian

EDIT: Just edited and hit submit, but was too late. So a different post.

I took my car for the wheel alignment and balancing 2 weeks back to Tyre Empire in Varthur. When he took the Spare wheel, I was shocked to see this.
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00187201012201116.jpg

No idea how and from where so much water came in. Since it was serviced a couple of days back in Sundaram motors, called them immd. They said no chance of putting water in there while cleaning.

Anyway, planning to paint this soon, since as you can see, it started to rust.

And when they are done with the balancing, I noticed that several bolts were missing the caps. I was not happy with this. I don't remember if it was in same condition when I left the car. So, I was checking with them.

The guys in there were kind enough to clear my doubt by bringing the video captured in the surveillance camera.
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00189201012201233.jpg

Was feeling good with the kind of reception I received from these guys.
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:14   #230
BHPian

Good to know the Aveo did well on the forest terrain.
As for the lights not sure if the LS variant has fog lamps, if not get them installed.
Mine is the LT version and have never had any issue with the lighting while doing night driving.
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:04   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
E
Attachment 476070

No idea how and from where so much water came in. Since it was serviced a couple of days back in Sundaram motors, called them immd. They said no chance of putting water in there while cleaning.
1) We had similar situation in Baleno after a 1K kms. trip. We too were shocked to see water in the spare wheel's place. As it was monsoon, we thought the water must have leaked. To confirm, we did a few tests of pouring water over the car. Noticed that water was not leaking.

We removed that rubber plug to drain out the water. Later on realized that the water jug we carried in the boot was leaking.
As you have travelled in streams, if the streams were reasonably high, water might have entered through faulty plug ( but again water has to be deep enough ), or something might have leaked in the boot like it did in our case. Last, the water might have leaked due to rains. For rain water leaking you can test the at home by pouring water on the car.

2) Headlights :
Most of the cars have inadequate headlights that is what I have found. Upgrading to a higher watt bulb has its own risks. Best is to fit in HID bulbs which have R at the back like D2R, D4R. S stands for use in projectors, but not in reflector type. R stands for HID bulbs that can be installed in reflector type headlights.
I have seen many people driving with 100W bulbs, but I think they also end up modifying the fuse which is not recommended.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:26   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Good to know the Aveo did well on the forest terrain.
As for the lights not sure if the LS variant has fog lamps, if not get them installed.
Mine is the LT version and have never had any issue with the lighting while doing night driving.
Mine is LS-Limited version. It has fog lamps. But no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) We had similar situation in Baleno after a 1K kms. trip. We too were shocked to see water in the spare wheel's place. As it was monsoon, we thought the water must have leaked. To confirm, we did a few tests of pouring water over the car. Noticed that water was not leaking.

We removed that rubber plug to drain out the water. Later on realized that the water jug we carried in the boot was leaking.
As you have travelled in streams, if the streams were reasonably high, water might have entered through faulty plug ( but again water has to be deep enough ), or something might have leaked in the boot like it did in our case. Last, the water might have leaked due to rains. For rain water leaking you can test the at home by pouring water on the car.

2) Headlights :
Most of the cars have inadequate headlights that is what I have found. Upgrading to a higher watt bulb has its own risks. Best is to fit in HID bulbs which have R at the back like D2R, D4R. S stands for use in projectors, but not in reflector type. R stands for HID bulbs that can be installed in reflector type headlights.
I have seen many people driving with 100W bulbs, but I think they also end up modifying the fuse which is not recommended.
The water scenes was before the trip. Probably due to rain. I returned from Chennai to Bangy on a heavy downpour day. Not sure, but that may be a reason.
Old 21st January 2011, 15:41   #233
BHPian

My Aeo LT nearing 3000 km. I do notice a squeaking sound when its moved with the tyre turned to one side. The mileage is around 12.5 on hwy. It's seems to be on the lower side compared to others. Is there something I should worry about?
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 22:10   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
My Aeo LT nearing 3000 km. I do notice a squeaking sound when its moved with the tyre turned to one side. The mileage is around 12.5 on hwy. It's seems to be on the lower side compared to others. Is there something I should worry about?
Well the mileage should improve a bit after the 5000k service as I guess the oil will be changed and also your engine will settle down.

Also I feel is that by 5k you would also get more settled with the car and you would know how much to rev, when to change gear etc etc. Mind you I am not doubting your driving capability here but I think all cars are different in that sense. And a new car always takes time to get used too

My aveo also started with around 13kmpl on highways but has settled down around 14 on highways with 100% a/c. My aveo has done almost 50K kms

Hope this helps and congrats on your car

Regards
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 00:45   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Well the mileage should improve a bit after the 5000k service as I guess the oil will be changed and also your engine will settle down.

Also I feel is that by 5k you would also get more settled with the car and you would know how much to rev, when to change gear etc etc. Mind you I am not doubting your driving capability here but I think all cars are different in that sense. And a new car always takes time to get used too

My aveo also started with around 13kmpl on highways but has settled down around 14 on highways with 100% a/c. My aveo has done almost 50K kms

Hope this helps and congrats on your car

Regards
Thanks Deky, was just curious if there was something wrong and I was just waiting too long before taking it to service center. Guess it's just normal and hope things will change for the better after the 5k km service.
And about the driving skills, feel there is always room for improvement an continous learning is the key here. Have been driving for more than 10 yrs now but still seem to mess up with the gear of my new car cookie sometimes.
Old 28th January 2011, 19:29   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As deky mentioned, you wait till the 5K service.

About the squeaking sound, check it with the service advisor. Also, make sure its not the famous seat belt sound of Aveo

About the highway mileage, I too get around 14kmpl if driven around 80-100kmph with / without AC. So, keep an eye on your speed too.

It may considerably reduce if you go beyond those points.

EDIT: Just noticed that yours is a LT version, i.e. 1.6. So, I think it should be marginally less than the our 1.4
Old 28th January 2011, 20:23   #237
BHPian

Quote:
As deky mentioned, you wait till the 5K service.

About the squeaking sound, check it with the service advisor. Also, make sure its not the famous seat belt sound of Aveo

About the highway mileage, I too get around 14kmpl if driven around 80-100kmph with / without AC. So, keep an eye on your speed too.

It may considerably reduce if you go beyond those points.

EDIT: Just noticed that yours is a LT version, i.e. 1.6. So, I think it should be marginally less than the our 1.4
Thanks mJyothi, Mine is LT version but 1.4 lt. Chevy discontinued the 1.6 version last year and now even LT comes with 1.4.

In case anyone's interested, Chevy has a free service camp on 29 and 30th at Kropex India Ltd. (not sure about other dealers).
Old 31st January 2011, 17:37   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In case anyone's interested, Chevy has a free service camp on 29 and 30th at Kropex India Ltd. (not sure about other dealers).
Did you attended? Hows the feedback?

Last year they kept it near the Mehkri circle, and year before it was near MG Road. But it was from GM and hence all dealers including the GM staff was present in the scene.

But this one seems to be just organized by Kropex alone? Not sure. May be.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:49   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Did you attended? Hows the feedback?

Last year they kept it near the Mehkri circle, and year before it was near MG Road. But it was from GM and hence all dealers including the GM staff was present in the scene.

But this one seems to be just organized by Kropex alone? Not sure. May be.
It did look Kropex organised. They serviced the vehicle and topped up the oil. There was free wash and cleaning as well but I think only for Aveo and Optra (not sure of the logic). The car seems to be behaving pretty good after the service.

Service complaints were not handled during this camp and only regular service was done. Though the guy did listen and gave suggestions on the things I should point out at my 5k service.

Overall Good.
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:55   #240
Senior - BHPian

Got my alignment redone couple of weeks back. This was done since I had a doubt with the Tyre empire results.

So, I visited Madus and got it done. Still I have the below result.

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-madhusresult.jpg

As per them, its normal and I don't need to worry. But I am still in dilema whether to change the tyres with this reading.

Do you think this would be normal? Or my new tyre will also face uneven wear & tear if I change it with this alignment.?