Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th February 2011, 09:27   #241
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Just reached this mark, couple of more months to reach 3year.

Happy to see the miles. [no, not when think of the Fuel stations ]

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00303201102111046.jpg

Have been driving to Chennai in day with full AC, both to and fro. Need to check the mileage.

Btw, noticed that the rear left tyre lost air after reaching Chennai. It fell to almost 15psi. Filled and drove back. Guess its a slow leak. Need to take care.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 10:09   #242
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Good to see you are enjoying the aveo 1.4. Actually i recommended the car to one of my friends for use by his parents. Somehow they dont seem to be satisfied with the car. They say the mileage is pathetic (around 8). Does the door lock automatically after driving away.? Thye told me that it used to do so until first service but the A.S.S guys say that that feature is not there!!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:47   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Just reached this mark, couple of more months to reach 3year.

Btw, noticed that the rear left tyre lost air after reaching Chennai. It fell to almost 15psi. Filled and drove back. Guess its a slow leak. Need to take care.
Congrats, Nice figure.

Is the loss of PSI on new tyres? Or you have not bought new tyres as yet. 15psi is too less, have it checked for a puncture. On tube less the pressure drops very slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Good to see you are enjoying the aveo 1.4. Actually i recommended the car to one of my friends for use by his parents. Somehow they dont seem to be satisfied with the car. They say the mileage is pathetic (around 8). Does the door lock automatically after driving away.? Thye told me that it used to do so until first service but the A.S.S guys say that that feature is not there!!!
1. I have driven my aveo around 50k kms in 2.5 yrs. I have not got an F.E less than 12 even in 45 degrees of summer with AC on full time. Over a period of 50k kms my average FE has been around 13.5 (winters+summers+highway+city all included)

2. I dont think stock Aveo 1.4 has the auto lock facility in any variant. Well atleast it did not when I bought the car 2.5 yrs back. Have they got after market auto cop central locking installed?

Hope this helps.
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 20:10   #244
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Deky.

Ya, the stock autocop central locking did not come with the auto-lock facility when you start moving the vehicle.

Btw, I have found that the water logging issue in the spare wheel area is reproducible. When I poured water on the car and cleaned, I see that there are water collecting in the spare wheel area. But not able to figure out where is it leaking from. :(

Surprisingly, the mat is also not wet. Strange.
Old 13th February 2011, 20:56   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Deky.

Ya, the stock autocop central locking did not come with the auto-lock facility when you start moving the vehicle.

Btw, I have found that the water logging issue in the spare wheel area is reproducible. When I poured water on the car and cleaned, I see that there are water collecting in the spare wheel area. But not able to figure out where is it leaking from. :(

Surprisingly, the mat is also not wet. Strange.
1. Are you sure that the locking system that comes factory fitted with the car is Autocop make? Could be some other brand which does not lock all the doors when the ignition is on!!!

2. I tried to find out where the water may be leaking from but could not make out even after opening the boot of my car. But I will take a wild guess here.

There are 2 nuts on the portion of the boot holding the rear head lights, where the rain water from the rear wind shield flows down from. Did you check if both those nuts on both portside and starboard side of the car are secure?

Otherwise i do not see how water can enter in the boot space on washing and without wetting the carpet

3. One more thing u can do is, remove the carpet, open the boot, remove the spare wheel etc etc and then wash the car. maybe u can see where is it leaking from!!!

Regards
Old 14th February 2011, 06:49   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
1. Are you sure that the locking system that comes factory fitted with the car is Autocop make? Could be some other brand which does not lock all the doors when the ignition is on!!!
No Sir. I was not sure of the brand.

Quote:
3. One more thing u can do is, remove the carpet, open the boot, remove the spare wheel etc etc and then wash the car. maybe u can see where is it leaking from!!!

Regards
This is in the list. Probably home work for this weekend

My service advisor is been asking to bring this for past 3-4 weeks. But could not make it, since I am traveling almost every weekend. Good & Bad...
Old 14th February 2011, 08:38   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My service advisor is been asking to bring this for past 3-4 weeks.
Yours is the only car wherein the service folks keep calling to get the car back into the service centre, I have a suspicion they are using your car for some kind of secret tests. Do they ask for it on weekends? In that case they could be using it for weekend drives with their families.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 09:09   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Yours is the only car wherein the service folks keep calling to get the car back into the service centre, I have a suspicion they are using your car for some kind of secret tests. Do they ask for it on weekends? In that case they could be using it for weekend drives with their families.
Yes. When they call you back for service, you imagine all this. And when they don't even pick your call or call back, you say what a shabby service center it is.

Good thinking. Now I know why Concorde or Prerana think twice before taking your gaadi for service

Btw, he was requesting to bring it for several items to be checked/corrected.

1. Mainly the wheel alignment,
2. to check the water leakage and
3. painting for the spare wheel area.

So he wants it for couple of days, which I can't afford on weekdays when in country. So either it has to be on weekends, or when I am outside India.
Old 12th April 2011, 22:11   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Mainly the wheel alignment,
2. to check the water leakage and
3. painting for the spare wheel area.
Ok, got my car serviced for the 35K.

And all the 3 points were done.

1. The alignment seems to be ok, no major problem.
2. Water leakage was fixed [Need to check myself]
3. Painting was done, and FREE

So, obviously I am happy with the Sundaram service.

This was my last cashless service. Ya, completing 3 years with my Aveo.

So, from 40K onwards, it will be paid service.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:24   #250
Senior - BHPian

Now time to keep your fingers crossed that nothing untoward happens to your car.

I have done 50k and my cashless ownership is over as well. This service I will have to pay. But one good thing is that I still have six months of Chevy warranty left as I will complete my 3 years of ownership in October.

I suggest you get a thorough check of your car before 3 years lapse, check for any unwarranted noises and get them rectified in warranty. Like my ac compressor started making a bit of noise and I got the valve replaced with warranty last month

regards
Old 13th April 2011, 23:52   #251
BHPian

I am planning to take my car for the second service which will include oil change. Should I ask the service center on which oil brand to use (if yes then which one do you recommend)? Should I buy the engine oil myself?
Please suggest! It's an aveo 1.4!
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 14:39   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
I am planning to take my car for the second service which will include oil change. Should I ask the service center on which oil brand to use (if yes then which one do you recommend)? Should I buy the engine oil myself?
Please suggest! It's an aveo 1.4!
I never used any other oils than the one from manufacturer (or service center?)

If your car is under cashless, then the engine oil is also included in the package, and it will be replaced with the default one that is manufacturer recommended one.

If you want to change, then you can buy for yourself and provide it to them. But make sure you be present when they change.

There is a separate thread on deciding about going to Synthetic oil and normal ones. May be you can visit that and decide to move to Synthetic or stay with manufacturers recommended one.

My opinion, go with the recommended one atleast, when you are in warranty period
Old 15th April 2011, 16:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I never used any other oils than the one from manufacturer (or service center?)

If your car is under cashless, then the engine oil is also included in the package, and it will be replaced with the default one that is manufacturer recommended one.

If you want to change, then you can buy for yourself and provide it to them. But make sure you be present when they change.

There is a separate thread on deciding about going to Synthetic oil and normal ones. May be you can visit that and decide to move to Synthetic or stay with manufacturers recommended one.

My opinion, go with the recommended one atleast, when you are in warranty period
mjyothi: That thread recommended to stick with normal ones till 10-12k and coupled with your views, I think I will just leave it to the service-now for this service. Thanks for the advice.
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 08:04   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done 50k and my cashless ownership is over as well. This service I will have to pay. But one good thing is that I still have six months of Chevy warranty left as I will complete my 3 years of ownership in October.

Is it not till 45K or 3 months whichever is earlier?

Quote:
I suggest you get a thorough check of your car before 3 years lapse, check for any unwarranted noises and get them rectified in warranty. Like my ac compressor started making a bit of noise and I got the valve replaced with warranty last month

regards
Thanks for the good idea. It was just back from service, so I would guess things would have taken care. Anyway, will check once again.

Btw,did you got any extended warranty? Any suggestions?
Old 18th April 2011, 12:14   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it not till 45K or 3 months whichever is earlier?
The cashless ownership is valid till 45k service or 3 years whichever is earlier. I say that coz I used my 45k service coupon and got free service done. And the Chevy warranty is valid till 1,00,000kms or 3 years whichever is earlier.

I think in your case your 3 yrs are getting over hence both the warranty and cashless service are getting over

Quote:
Thanks for the good idea. It was just back from service, so I would guess things would have taken care. Anyway, will check once again.

Btw,did you got any extended warranty? Any suggestions?
For extended warranty as far as I understand you have to take it in the first year of ownership itself. Thats what the sales executive told me. She said you can not apply for it in the last year. Maybe you would like to re-confirm the same at your end.

If it is possible to take the extended warranty now, I would definitely go in for it as atleast there is piece of mind and my running is also a bit on the higher side.

Regards