Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th April 2011, 19:57   #256
BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Got my second service done today at Kropex India on Hosur Road. Have asked them to look at some issues and here is the update:
1. Whistling noise on the driver side window: SA said they could not find any issues as they could not take the car from drive outside but have removed and installed the passender side window beeding. Haven't noticed the noise so seems all right.
2. Noise on the passenger side windows and sometimes the lock won't open with remote key: SA said they could not find any issue but did the same as for driver seat. There is is no noise now, so that seems to be fixed.
3. Cranking noise when car is braked on slope from front suspension: SA said they have greased and re did the screws as the could find any issues. Still noticing the cranking from front on slopes so will need to take it again. Has anyone noticed this kind of noise and what can be done?
4. High beam comes up when right turn indicator is used: Seems to be fixed now but still need to check on longer drives as this was occational.
5. Tire rotation: Not sure if this was done, but SA said they have. He said, they don't change the tyres from front to back and vice versa but use some weighting system to judge which tyres go to front and which ones to rear. Please comment?
6. Puncture: One of the tyres had a nail and puncture. It was taken care of as well.

Total Bill : Rs 925 (4 ltr Oil + filter)

Had to pay completely as I didn't opt for cashless service.
markmytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 20:00   #257
BHPian

Default re: Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

What is the difference between cashless ownership and Chevrolet Promise? Website says Chevy promise means the company reimburses the amount if the cost of ownership is more than a specified amount whereas CO says you pay the specified amount at the time of purchase and all maintenance costs will be taken up by Chevy. Does that mean they are different things? Seems different to me but not sure. Any idea folks?
Old 25th April 2011, 20:11   #258
BHPian

Quick Query to the Aveo Owners.
Did any of you get a steel mesh installed on the underside which supposedly prevents rats from entering the inside of the car ?

I gave my Aveo for servicing and the Service Eng said rats have entered from the bottom and put some sticks etc inside the A/c duct.

It cost me around 1.2k to get this mesh installed, however no idea whether what he said was true , i.e. if the rats actually did this :-(.
Although under the bonnet over the engine there were rat footprints.

Last edited by Fillmore : 25th April 2011 at 20:13.
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 23:55   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Did any of you get a steel mesh installed on the underside which supposedly prevents rats from entering the inside of the car ?

I gave my Aveo for servicing and the Service Eng said rats have entered from the bottom and put some sticks etc inside the A/c duct.

It cost me around 1.2k to get this mesh installed, however no idea whether what he said was true , i.e. if the rats actually did this :-(.
Although under the bonnet over the engine there were rat footprints.
The guy said the same thing to me as well. I could see the footprints in the bonnet but haven't installed the mess till now (have changed my parking place though). Is it useful?
Old 27th April 2011, 10:03   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No never did this. I had this issue in my previous house while owning the Zen. But not so far in my Aveo and new place. May be a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
What is the difference between cashless ownership and Chevrolet Promise? Website says Chevy promise means the company reimburses the amount if the cost of ownership is more than a specified amount whereas CO says you pay the specified amount at the time of purchase and all maintenance costs will be taken up by Chevy. Does that mean they are different things? Seems different to me but not sure. Any idea folks?
What is the cost of ownership? Its calculated on the parts/consumables replaced during the regular service. So, should be same in my opinion.

Coming to think of it, Cashless was around 13K I guess. So, did we pay that much in the 3 years of regular service?
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 09:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

Ok, time for the next update

3 weeks back took him to Chennai, and one unmarked speed breaker after varthur broke the Aveo drive shaft :( Was driving early morning around 4:30am.

I noticed a tuk-tuk sound coming when I make U-Turns. Checked the boot and found that it was good. So, no question of mud or other things reaching the bearings.

Took it to Sundaram, and they said will grease the shaft and see. But unfortunately, we noticed a small crack in the cup sort of thing holding the bearings. So, replaced the Shaft.

Cost - 4050/-
Old 5th July 2011, 13:36   #262
BHPian

Bad to hear this update.
Thank god, its not a very expensive change. How much she has covered till now?
Mine is nearing to 44K.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 13:40   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Ok, time for the next update

3 weeks back took him to Chennai, and one unmarked speed breaker after varthur broke the Aveo drive shaft :( Was driving early morning around 4:30am.

I noticed a tuk-tuk sound coming when I make U-Turns. Checked the boot and found that it was good. So, no question of mud or other things reaching the bearings.

Took it to Sundaram, and they said will grease the shaft and see. But unfortunately, we noticed a small crack in the cup sort of thing holding the bearings. So, replaced the Shaft.

Cost - 4050/-
3 years warranty over? If not try and talk to them to get within the warranty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Bad to hear this update.
Mine is nearing to 44K.
Mine is about to reach 60k
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 13:41   #264
BHPian

I can understand how you feel about it mjyothi. Really hate these unexpected problems in my car. Last time my a/c fan broke and I was so pissed off about it. Good that the damage it repaired and the beauty is back up and running ... enjoy the ride in thsi beautiful bangalore weather
Old 5th July 2011, 14:01   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
3 years warranty over? If not try and talk to them to get within the warranty??

Mine is about to reach 60k
Yes. Completed 3yrs by 3 months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmytravel View Post
I can understand how you feel about it mjyothi. Really hate these unexpected problems in my car. Last time my a/c fan broke and I was so pissed off about it. Good that the damage it repaired and the beauty is back up and running ... enjoy the ride in thsi beautiful bangalore weather
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Bad to hear this update.
Mine is nearing to 44K.

I have done 37k so far.

Last edited by mjothi : 5th July 2011 at 14:02.
Old 12th September 2011, 10:48   #266
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see this figure on ODO this morning.

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00726201109120826.jpg

What's a better way to start your morning

40K in 40 months.

Planning to take him to service today evening.
Old 13th September 2011, 20:08   #267
Senior - BHPian

This is my first paid service.

Spark plugs was checked, but found to be OK and hence was not changed. They noticed that there was a small leak in the wall door gasket. Opened the engine head cover and the gasket is replaced too. It costs Rs.550 for the gasket and Rs.650 for the labour.

I am not sure of what is this brake cleaner and cleaner. Charged around Rs.105 & Rs.155 each. Is it just spray liquid for cleaning the discs??

Fuel filter was also replaced, cost was Rs.240

Paid service is charged at Rs.850.

And the total bill came to Rs.3122 for this 40K service.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:27   #268
Senior - BHPian

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00907201201051741.jpg

After 43K I replaced the stock Goodyear tyres with the Yokohoma A-Drive.

Since I could not source the 185/60/R14, I went for the 195/60/R14. No complains yet. Got it done in GT Tuners in Peenya.

The total cost, including alignment, balancing etc etc is 19.5K.

As of now, I did not notice any diff in the tyre noise, ride or handling. Looking for an highway drive to see if I can make out any difference!

Next item in the list is the Sun film & engine oil. Need to decide between regular company oil or off the shelf from outside.

But not looking for the Synthetic oils.
Old 16th January 2012, 18:30   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Attachment 867808

After 43K I replaced the stock Goodyear tyres with the Yokohoma A-Drive.

Cool !! good to hear this.
Btw where do you give your vehicle for servicing ?

I give mine at Kropex and did not find them to be all that good.

-Fillmore
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:11   #270
Senior - BHPian

Today had the 45K service done for my vehicle. The ODO is yet to reach 45K but got it done in 44K itself.

Engine Oil and filter was replaced as per schedule. One extra was the Air filter, which was clogged very badly.

I did not went for synthetic or semi. Went with company recommended stuff.

The parts cost along with oil was Rs.1240. But the Service charge was Rs.940 with taxes. Felt it higher, since all these days was getting it done without any service charges.

Not sure if this charge was nominal or higher. Need to figure out how much Kropex or Trident charging.

Also, added the Nulon to the engine oil. Need to monitor how good is this guy!

Have not done any long drives after the Yokohoma. So, no update on this fellow for now.

Quote:
Cool !! good to hear this.
Btw where do you give your vehicle for servicing ?

I give mine at Kropex and did not find them to be all that good.

-Fillmore
Sorry, did not notice this post.

I am still sticking to Sundaram Motors, near Hoodi. I am much satisfied with them.