Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th April 2008, 23:06   #16
BHPian

Congrts for you new ride buddy. Good choice with the color. The integrated audio system looks elegant. Drive safe.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 23:19   #17
BHPian

Hey Mjothi,

Congrats on the new car. It looks great. neat color.

Regards,
Sajan.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:13   #18
BHPian

Congrats mjothi.Good at last you had chosen a chevy.
Welcome to the chevy club. Aveo is one of the most VFM car. I am having Aveo 1.4 base from November, 07.
Happy driving.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 10:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to GM family. I am a happy Chevrolet Optra owner. Aveo is un-doubtfully a VFM package. Congrates for the purchase and drive safe.

Cheers
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 12:09   #20
BHPian

Congrats mjothi !!! The color is really good and was in my shortlist as well though I finally zeroed on blazing red.

My last 20 days with Aveo has been great and wish you the same.

Enjoy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Thanks guys.

@kkdelhi :
Finance:
OTR is 7.6Lacs (Spl colors like Ivory gold cost 7K extra)
Corporate Discount : 8K
3 yrs cashless ownership is free with the car (But some also says that they can give 8K + 13-14K extra if you dont want this)
The only freebee mentioned was Sunflim. But I denied and requested for Body cover. Should get it by tomorrow.

My God !!! In Delhi the top end Aveo 1.6 + Option Pack was 7.6 Lacs OTR - Bangalore is really expensive.

The condition is the service or cost of repalcement is free for specified parts ONLY during the recommended services as mentioned in the schedule.
For eg: Chevy do not change oil in 1st service @1000KMs (I remember that T-BHPians recomendation is to change oil after 1K.). So if you want to change oil in 1st service, then you need to pay extra. Oil change is free in 2nd service. If you change oil in 2nd, then its free.

@Fountainheader & phamilyman: Tks for reminding me. Done

@snaronikar. I think the only mod I will do would be the speaker. The one that came with the car has no effects, but we can just hear the sound. But not now.

I agree, the speakers are actually nothing worth mentioning.

@karanraheja: Ya, atlasssssst I got one

@bglsrini: Thanks srini. Even at the last moment I was in dilema if I shoudl check an other one. Guess you know that when I PMed you...
an10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 12:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Lovely choice of car and colour.
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

@an10: Yes, bang is exp. 1.6 comes for 8.4odd lacs. I too was looking for Blazing red but due to availability opted for this. But I am happy now.

Yes, this car is good VFM. But that does not reflect in the sales Chart. Seems this is one of the low in numbers. Hope GM wakes up and sales picks up.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mjothi! Aveo looks really nice, interiors & leather seats looks good too!
Though alloy design could have been better!

Does it have ABS? And how is the Gear-shift?
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

I heard gear shift has kinda improved in the Aveo. But its way behind the shift of the Honda City.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Now, if they'd only give it a diesel engine.

Well last I read in a article on internet, it said they are gonna be fitted with the Fiat 1.3 MultiJet engine just like the Swift in the near future...now when tht wd be..is still a mystery
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

I cannot compare with other vehicle since I have not driven Honda or old Aveo. But its smooth and I felt no difference than my Zen. Anyway, it have not driven much too. Should be able to comment more after my trip to Chennai this weekend.
Except for the reverse, which I am used to extreme lower right all these days. But in this one its extreme top left. Rest its no difference.

No ABS. It comes with the next version (1.6). As far as the alloy is concerned, we have no option. It comes with that from company as such. May be the next lot has a better one.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:05   #27
BHPian

mjothi congrats on the wheels mate. the car looks neat especially in the casablanca dress.
just for curosity wasnt SX4 zxi not in the same price bracket of 7.6 Lacs in Bangalore?
Karandeep81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 16:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
mjothi congrats on the wheels mate. the car looks neat especially in the casablanca dress.
just for curosity wasnt SX4 zxi not in the same price bracket of 7.6 Lacs in Bangalore?
No. SX4 ZXi costs 8.2+ lac in bangalore. The VXi comes around the price you mentioned.
Old 5th May 2008, 15:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Default First long trip on my new Aveo...

So, as planned I started for long drive on my Aveo on 1st may 2008. We started around 6:30AM. I loaded my brain with full of advice from team-bhp "My car is in run-in period".

Man, it was really difficult to keep the car within 2K rpm in 5th gear. But I did keep it and was driving in constant speed of 60-70kmph. Filled full tank normal petrol in BP near krishnagiri. Reset the trip meter to zero. Ready for calculating the milage.

The car was smooth, the gear was not a problem. But i think 2 times I had difficulty in putting the reverse after a halt. AC was really fast for this temp. but I felt the absence of the Sun film. The moment I stop the AC, its back as a oven. So, i did 100% with AC to and fro and hence the pickup was little sluggish, was not a problem on the highways. But certainly a problem in city where we do try to pickup from 2nd gear.

Brakes are perfect. Could not test in high speed, but was solid on max of 80. I love the audio system. (yes, i need to change the stock speakers). Steering wheel was so easy and turning radius was also good for sharp turns without reverse.

I did some inside city travel in North madras and did not felt any struggle in the traffic. Only problem was the bumps when we had like 5 to 6 people. Else it was ok.

The back 2 doors are not closing smoothly. We need to close with force to get it latched. But the front doors just slides in when we close. Will check it up during the first service.

While returning I toped the tank near Sriperambathur. It was almost 26Lts and km reading was 377. That was 14kmpl with AC. (75% highways and 25% city traffic).

So, now I have crossed 900KM and planing to complete this 100km soon to get the first service done.

Planing to get it service in Vijay motors in Mahadevpura. Will post the first service experiance soon.

OT: There is a new Motel opened between Vellore and Ambur(Deepan? Sorry forgot the name, but you could not miss the motel). Its to your left when coming from Vellore. Food was good and has parking place too. but its under the sun.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:25   #30

Hi mjothi,
I have purchased a new aveo 1.4 LS LE ivory gold.got it delivered on 7th may. i've felt that the hood of the car gets hot quickly and it is not possible to open the hood with ur bare hands after driving a few 50-odd kms. did u find the same during ur journey to chennai and wats the standard temperature for the temp gauge after driving a few 100kms? does it lie at the half pt btw the 50-125 mark or does it go above it? hope u can ans my queries.
sammykhan is offline   Reply With Quote