Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th July 2008, 12:10   #106
BHPian

Hey I just returned from a trip to lonavala..awesome weather. But anyways, I took the old highway road as we had earlier planned the trip to khopoli. The old highway had really scary hairpin turns and high uphill. I really had to rev up to cross the same. Hopefully engine will open up more after the few servicing. Btw I got LED type reverse sensor. I found it quite helpful as I am a new driver and reversing is a pain for me.

Also I would like to know if there is a way I can find out wts the manufacturing date of my vehicle. Can someone help?
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 15:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Also I would like to know if there is a way I can find out wts the manufacturing date of my vehicle. Can someone help?
When you open the bonnet, you should see the black plate with all these details. It should tell you month & year.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 10:48   #108
Senior - BHPian

@Wheelwake, can we have the picture of the parking sensor please?

I noticed in my Aveo that the front 2 brake disc looks in rusted color. May be starting to rust? Its just 3 months and 2000KMs run. What can we do to stop this?
Attached Thumbnails
Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00123.jpg  

Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update-img00124.jpg  

Old 30th July 2008, 22:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
@Wheelwake, can we have the picture of the parking sensor please?

I noticed in my Aveo that the front 2 brake disc looks in rusted color. May be starting to rust? Its just 3 months and 2000KMs run. What can we do to stop this?
Sorry Guys, my mistake. Seems it was due to keeping the car idle for sometime. Once I took it around, I see that it was ok. Thought of updating it before but missed. Thanks,
Old 1st August 2008, 17:09   #110
BHPian

Hey thats a good news!!!

BTW i havent been able to get a snap of the parking sensor. However, i will try and upload it over here. but for the time being, its like 4 dots fitted at back bumper and there is a led display by the side of car steering with sound that tells me how far is the behind object. i have found it to be very convenient. For reversing i hardly have to turn just look at the orvm to get and idea and rest should be fine.
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 20:40   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hey thats a good news!!!

BTW i havent been able to get a snap of the parking sensor. However, i will try and upload it over here. but for the time being, its like 4 dots fitted at back bumper and there is a led display by the side of car steering with sound that tells me how far is the behind object. i have found it to be very convenient. For reversing i hardly have to turn just look at the orvm to get and idea and rest should be fine.
Oh, I could visualize it now. Personally I dont like that 4 dots on the bumber

Why dont they come something that is not seen from outside? Just some sensors hidden behind the bumber is what I am looking for.
Old 1st August 2008, 21:21   #112
BHPian

There is a more expensive electromagnetic version, wherein you just need to put in a strip in the inside of the rear bumper. But don't ask me where to get it 'coz I was not successful either.
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 21:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
There is a more expensive electromagnetic version, wherein you just need to put in a strip in the inside of the rear bumper. But don't ask me where to get it 'coz I was not successful either.
I agree. My friend (in Malaysia) has a Merc's that has sor tof this all around. I dont know if its the same strip you are talking. But it beeps and shows the intensity in LCD display. Infact, its all over the car. If we use it here in bangalore, I am sure it will never shut off

So, I assume that it should be couple of 10Ks? Not sure
Old 4th August 2008, 21:58   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Personally I dont like that 4 dots on the bumber
I had same four dots on my bumper. During my second service, Vijai motors painted it free for me (with the brush, but it looks quite fine)

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 22:31   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
I had same four dots on my bumper. During my second service, Vijai motors painted it free for me (with the brush, but it looks quite fine)

Nirmal
Curious to have a look. Are you planing for this weekend meeting in Bangalore?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...eet-bangy.html (Ready for the next meet in Bangy?)
Old 4th August 2008, 22:52   #116
BHPian

Thanks mjothi for the invitation. Unfortunately, I cannot take part. I am relocating out of Bangalore and have loads to things to do here, including selling off my Aveo :((

I will post a pic soon.

Nirmal
nirmalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 06:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Thanks mjothi for the invitation. Unfortunately, I cannot take part. I am relocating out of Bangalore and have loads to things to do here, including selling off my Aveo :((

I will post a pic soon.

Nirmal
Oh Ok. Thats fine. So, how is the resale of Aveo? I think this is the first for me to hear about resale of Aveo. Keep us posted on the outcome. Best of luck.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

I have done almost 3K by now. The mileage I got during this last Tank fill was 13.5kmpl. So far all my milage was calcualted with most of them in highway drives. This time it is all city drives with 2 long drives (1 to mysore & other to the meet). I am quite happy about this.

Now the saddest part
I saw the first dent occurred in my lovely Aveo

After the last meet, I parked my vehicle in Alankar Paradise and went with Ravibhat to Ghatti Subramanyam temple. When I came back, I see that there is a small dent in the body above the front wheel. Its small but clearly visible. I will post the picture when I get some snaps.

Looks like some car parked near tried to open the door and hit here. I am not sure, but its really saddens me to see my vehicle like this. :(
Old 11th August 2008, 15:42   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like some car parked near tried to open the door and hit here. I am not sure, but its really saddens me to see my vehicle like this. :(
Do you suspect anybody from the meet itself? They might be jealous after seeing your Aveo.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 17:08   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Do you suspect anybody from the meet itself? They might be jealous after seeing your Aveo.
Definitely no. Even if they are jealous, they are still lovers of car. May be they take it with themselves to "take care" of it, but certainly wont have heart to hurt a CAR