Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 14:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Finally here comes my Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition EDIT: 52000 KMs Update

Friends, first I am very happy to share my joy with you all. I got my car today morning from Vijay motors. I really appreciate the sales person in there. He was so cooperative.

Will I recommend Vijay Motors? Certainly yes from my experiance. (Contact person - Mr.Kalyan)

After great struggles I got my P.O. back from Sundaram Motors on 23rd April. Placed the P.O. to Viajay motors on 24th April and planned to register it by 25th and delivery by 26th April. But due to insurance and documentations from my side, it got delayed and I could register it only on Saturday. They were asking if I need some special number like total of the number. If thats the case I need to pay 3000rs. But I just left it to my luck and see what happens. As usual I got the sum of 8.

Eventhough the sales person said the car would be ready for delivery by 5 - 6pm, as per T-BHPian's advise I do not want take delivery after 5pm. So today got my baby.

And this post would be incomplete if I do not mention about the PDI lists from our forum.

I followed almost all the suggestions including the gift to Sales person. As someone quoted the biggest happiness is seeing the other person happy. Umm, whoever said, I think would have experianced it to core and said.

I was surprised to see him explaining me all the features from the car slowly. Even before this, he promptly explained each document and handed over the key. I got the following
1. Chevy doll,
2. Chocolate box,
3. 10 Liters petrol
4. Tissue paper box
5. A CD collection of Hindi Songs.

And I am yet to get my invoice , Number plate & Body cover. He said he will come tomorrow to my office to hand over these and get the feedback papers signed.

Then went to the car. Sat inside and the first thing I noted was the ODO. It said 60. Happy. Then went around the car and did the visual inspection. Good that my wife noticed the "c" missing from the Cheverolet name tag from the back. They said it fell down and affixed it.

Then started the car and tested the electrical stuffs, lights, Audio, and other controls like AC, Heater, blower etc. All seems to be fine. Now time to test under the hood. Switched off the engine, engaged the hand brake and opened the Bonnet. Noted for any leakage or noticeable diff. Sales person explained me the place to check for Wiper water and coolant. Then to the spare wheel. The only thing I did not like was the Spare wheel, because it comes with Steel and not Alloy. So, requested to get the price for the same.

Then comes the photo session.

Car model : Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition
color : Cashemere
Name:  IMG_1988.JPG
Views: 11743
Size:  79.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1989.JPG
Views: 8184
Size:  77.5 KB

ICE : Factory fitted 2 DIN with 4+2 speakers. (Model not known)
Name:  IMG_1990.JPG
Views: 8219
Size:  81.3 KB

Seats : Leather [Mr.Chevy, relaxing after getting in to my car]
Name:  IMG_1991.JPG
Views: 8109
Size:  67.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1992.JPG
Views: 7893
Size:  58.1 KB
Name:  IMG_1993.JPG
Views: 7877
Size:  87.1 KB

Wheels : Alloys
Name:  IMG_1995.JPG
Views: 7741
Size:  65.4 KB
Name:  IMG_1996.JPG
Views: 7642
Size:  63.9 KB

Then thanked the person who cleaned and made those ribbon arrangements, tipped them and left from there seeing them happy.

Filled petrol in IOC. Started to my home through the ORR. Umm, I liked the car. The AC was good enough. But I felt that the pulling in 2nd with the AC was little difficult. Thanks to the number of bumps in the ORR. Since I thought to avoid the congested Rail-Road bridge next to KR.Puram bridge, to cross and get to old Madras Road, I took the flyover in ORR to Hyderabad. I thought of taking the Kasturi Nagar and reach NGEF and then go behind the Big Bazaar for my house. But unfortunately, there were some work going on in the Kasturi Nagarand they diverted. Went a big loop inside there and atlast reached NGEF. Good that I took this route. It was like testing the suspension and ground clearance of my new car.

I also noted that the horn located in the center was much better and soft than the test drive car I took. In this, its easy to horn with the thumb while holding the wheel. Either they did some change or because that was old test drive car, not sure.

Then happily reached my home and here I am typing and sharing my happiness.

Initially was planing to take him to Chennai today itslef, but thought of getting used to him for a day or two and now planning to take him to Chennai by this Thursday.

Will update soon about the driving experiance...
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th April 2008, 14:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi Finally Congrats ! Glad you finally got what you wanted !
Car looks neat love the interiors. Treat???
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy ! Atlast you got over the formalities and a proud owner of Chevy. Will be anxiously waiting for the driving experiences over the weeks. Please mention the on-road cost and freebies later. Did you get a better deal from Vijay ? Love the interior, looks like lots of legroom !! Enjoy the fresh-new smell and remove the plastics (I have some neighbours still driving 6 months old car with all the plastic covers) to do justice to your skin.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th April 2008 at 15:05.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

congrats. the car looks naish. Time for a change in sig? :d
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:39   #5
BHPian

hi,
congrats for your new car.It looks great.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 15:57   #6
BHPian

Congrats for the new ride. Interiors looks amazing. Whats the OTR you paid ?
ethanhunt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 16:03   #7
BHPian

car looks good ... and i feel aveo is one car with clean lines...
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 16:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride mjothi. The Aveo looks stunning.. and yeah its about time you update your sig
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 16:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. At last you decided to go in for Chevy. Good vehicle but do not forget the run in period. Treat her smoothly for first 3K kms within 3k rpm and she will return the same to you in future. The interiors look good. Are you planning any modifications on the car?

Last edited by snaronikar : 27th April 2008 at 16:53.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 18:29   #10
BHPian

Great choice, Mjothi. I have always considered the Aveo as one of the good-looking sedans. Coupled with the zero maintenance scheme that the GM is offering these days, I am sure the car is even more VFM. Congrats!!

Do tell us how much you paid, and the finance part, if any. Do they charge extra for the 1L km warranty? B'coz the advert says 'conditions apply'...
kkdelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 18:36   #11
BHPian

Mjothi congrts for the car. Looks superb. Hope you have a great time with the machine. Wishing you a pleasent and safe driving
metropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 20:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys.

@kkdelhi :
Finance:
OTR is 7.6Lacs (Spl colors like Ivory gold cost 7K extra)
Corporate Discount : 8K
3 yrs cashless ownership is free with the car (But some also says that they can give 8K + 13-14K extra if you dont want this)
The only freebee mentioned was Sunflim. But I denied and requested for Body cover. Should get it by tomorrow.

The condition is the service or cost of repalcement is free for specified parts ONLY during the recommended services as mentioned in the schedule.
For eg: Chevy do not change oil in 1st service @1000KMs (I remember that T-BHPians recomendation is to change oil after 1K.). So if you want to change oil in 1st service, then you need to pay extra. Oil change is free in 2nd service. If you change oil in 2nd, then its free.

@Fountainheader & phamilyman: Tks for reminding me. Done

@snaronikar. I think the only mod I will do would be the speaker. The one that came with the car has no effects, but we can just hear the sound. But not now.

@karanraheja: Ya, atlasssssst I got one

@bglsrini: Thanks srini. Even at the last moment I was in dilema if I shoudl check an other one. Guess you know that when I PMed you...
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 22:42   #13
Team-BHP Support

Congratz!! and you cant go wrong with a chevy, nice color choice also.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 22:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice looking car. Congrats Mjothi.
Now all you need to do is head towards the ICE section !
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 22:59   #15
Team-BHP Support

Nice choice. Aveo is one of the most VFM and pleasing all-rounders in the Indian car market today.

Now, if they'd only give it a diesel engine.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote