Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th May 2008, 19:34   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good review this is .Swift is an awesome fun car,but needs better build quality.But going above 100 in stock tyres in swift is not a good idea.The car fails to hold line in sudden braking.Once i had the back side thrown in front of me when i tried a highspeed curve and braking.Luckily it was midnight and the road was deserted.
shebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 16:45   #17
BHPian

It's been a long time since I have updated this thread.

Well, my Swift Vdi has covered little over 28000 kms. And, its time to go for the 5th service (2nd paid service). I had got the previous one done at around 19000 kms.

Thanks to the silky smooth engine, the car is still fun to drive - be it on the city roads or the highways. Have taken her on long drives to Amritsar, Jaipur, Mussoorie - and the little fiat gem inside the car has made every km pleasurable.

FE has been hovering around 19 kmpl (city) & around 21 kmpl (highway) - with AC.

On the last trip to Mussoorie, an idiot Honda City driver rammed into my stationary car, and left a dent (scratch) on the left hand side front door. Will be great, if you guys can suggest any good workshops where I can get it corrected.

As part of the 5th service, I will be getting the following jobs done on my car:
1. Engine oil change
2. Oil filter
3. Brake cleaning
4. Tyre Rotation
5. Need to get all door panels tightened. Lots of rattles.

What else? Am I missing something here?
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 19:00   #18
BHPian

woof what part of delhi are you from? where did u get the previous service done from?
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 19:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Tyre Rotation
You can get alignment and tyre rotation done from some good shop, then getting it done at MASS. I believe MASS charge quite a bit for this and seldom the job is satisfactory.
horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 11:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
As part of the 5th service, I will be getting the following jobs done on my car:
1. Engine oil change
2. Oil filter
3. Brake cleaning
4. Tyre Rotation
5. Need to get all door panels tightened. Lots of rattles.

What else? Am I missing something here?
Fuel filter, air filter replacement. Gear oil replacement. Coolant and brake fluid replacement are a few you missed out. Please go by what is recommended in the Swift diesel user manual.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 11:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
woof what part of delhi are you from? where did u get the previous service done from?
I stay in Ashok Vihar. Got my car serviced from Rana Motors, Wazirpur Industrial Area.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 12:50   #22
BHPian

i get mine done from Galaxy Automobile, Tilak Nagar Industrial Area. they are maruti service masters. i would definitely recommend them if you dont mind travelling a little.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 13:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Fuel filter, air filter replacement. Gear oil replacement. Coolant and brake fluid replacement are a few you missed out. Please go by what is recommended in the Swift diesel user manual.
Since this is his 5th service (for 30000 kms), these are not required. All what you have mentioned is for 20K and 40K services.
abhilash_iv is offline   Reply With Quote