Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 7th July 2008, 16:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
can i have those sensors installed in front as well? I've got more parking scratches on the front than back !
yes, the laura's come with factory fitted 4+4 if i am not wrong... check out red-soul box, they have some nice kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
My City has six sensor unit with 2 in front and the remaining at the rear. At speeds below 10 -15 kms, the front ones are active when the car is in D. Once the speeds increase, the dispaly goes off..
which brand/make trrk? how much cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
they say right handed people have a strong right arm, but i feel that the right handed people who drive the indica have a stronger left arm.
true...
Old 7th July 2008, 16:17   #182
Senior - BHPian

I have no issues with my gearshifts. I'm a very lazy person, and couldnt do a pull up to save myself from falling off a cliff, and I'm able to slot my indica's gears quite easily. Its only the reverse which seems a bit vague when falling into place...
Old 7th July 2008, 16:20   #183
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Can you try the following and tell me whether you feel any difference:

Crank the engine to start it as soon as the heater light goes off (you may be doing this now).

Crank the engine to start it about 10 seconds after the heater light goes off.
Rajesh... it works really, i just needed some patience imbibed into me. After just 2-3 seconds after the heater goes off, my car needs just half a crank. Great find, Must spread this word around...

Last edited by svsantosh : 7th July 2008 at 16:21.
Old 7th July 2008, 17:02   #184
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> which brand/make trrk? how much cost?

I got it as an accessory package free but was supposed to be Rs 6500.00. Though branded it is no known name. If you want I will check the box later and tell you.

> it works really, i just needed some patience imbibed into me. After just 2-3
> seconds after the heater goes off, my car needs just half a crank. Great find, > Must spread this word around...

Thanks Santosh, you took your time and I did not want to bother you. The heater works for another 10 seconds after the indicator goes off and so is helpful for everyone especially where the ambient temperature is low.

We have had far less rains in the official 'rainy' season than we had as summer rains. By the time you land in our parts, we would be having 30% power cuts (with or without tariff increase) and at least 1 hout load shedding between 6.30pm and 10pm.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh - bad to hear about the power cuts... hope i can live with them, i guess i need to carry along a mosquito coil with a match box without fail (non smoker u see..)

--------

At last after a month and 2 days got the number plates installed. Got the metal ones pressed sheet metal with a IND logo and tiny 'IND' written all over the digits. I think it reflects in the night. Paid 850 for those at konarks jayanagar 4thT block.
does it sound expensive?
Old 11th July 2008, 16:06   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> bad to hear about the power cuts... hope i can live with them, i guess i
> need to carry along a mosquito coil with a match box without fail (non
> smoker u see..)

As of today it is still half hour. It would be more for sure with a 25% power cut for industries any time now.

> metal ones pressed sheet metal with a IND logo and tiny 'IND' written all over > the digits. I think it reflects in the night. Paid 850 for those at konarks

These are the latest ones which are similar to the proposed high security plates. No idea bout the cost, but have seen similar prices in the forum. But regular reflective wer around Rs 300 when I bought mine for the City in Sep 2007.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:39   #187
Senior - BHPian

ok the first automobile - automobile touch :(

i was on the left lane going down hosur road, one white accent decided to move over from right lane to my lane without judging his bonnet's length.... he ended up scratching his bumper on my rear bumper - a small gash on the plastic - lost some paint and also took away some of his white..!!

i got down and wanted to foul mouth - but saw he was a decent guy profusely apoligising, i thought 'what the heck', gave him a pat on his shoulder and advised to drive safe and drove away...
Old 16th July 2008, 16:11   #188
BHPian

that was a nice gesture on your part santosh.

Well if everyone on the road gets similar patience and mannerisms the roads will be peaceful.

Hope it happens someday soon. Amen
Old 16th July 2008, 16:33   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
that was a nice gesture on your part santosh.
Well if everyone on the road gets similar patience and mannerisms the roads will be peaceful.
Hope it happens someday soon. Amen
thx MHI - somehow I never realized I too have the above said in me - I am the one always showing the '' finger and shouting at guys who give the close shaves and sudden brake's and other scary stuff - I was a lot more hot-blodded in my younger sub-25ish ages, but after 27 i guess i lost the fire to fire others. Is it got to do with the place you work? Values you learn and patience you are forced upon? i dont know... but i am happy at the end of this day I am a more controlable driver on indian roads...
Old 16th July 2008, 18:36   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hi santosh,

> Values you learn and patience you are forced upon? i dont know... but i am
> happy at the end of this day I am a more controlable driver on indian roads...

Whatever it is is a change for the better!

Stop using your horn. I don't. It certainly has improved my observation of other cars. I am more defensive now.
Old 17th July 2008, 11:03   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Stop using your horn. I don't. It certainly has improved my observation of other cars. I am more defensive now.
Hi santosh,

Very nice gesture, I am sure that guy would be feeling more guilty after your gesture and would be careful henceforth.

Rajesh,

I too don't use the horn and my friends have a nervous time with me because every time I go behind a car without using the horn they think I will probably hit him/her from behind.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> I too don't use the horn and my friends have a nervous time with me
> because every time I go behind a car without using the horn they think I
> will probably hit him/her from behind.

It is just a matter of forming the habit and altering your drive style to the 'no horn' pattern.

In a recent drive to Ponmudi, near Trivandrum my friend who accompanied me was nervous about the 'no horn' policy.

I have done upto 1400kms long distance, interstate travel without using the horn.
Old 17th July 2008, 12:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

I dont use the horn much either, but on certain occasions I've been told that I need to honk before overtaking 2 wheelers, since overtaking them unannounced can startle them. I always thought the diesel engine roar was enough for that
Old 17th July 2008, 12:48   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I dont use the horn much either, but on certain occasions I've been told that I need to honk before overtaking 2 wheelers, since overtaking them unannounced can startle them. I always thought the diesel engine roar was enough for that
I think it is kind of an expectation in India that people will honk before they overtake. Drivers who honk also feel that if they have honked, then that is signal enough and gives them the right to overtake. Overtaking w/o honking can be hazardous because of this wrong expectation set. Where it gets complicated is when people are changing lanes, not always with an intention to overtake, but may be to take a left or right turn.. While people in cars may generally look left or right before they change lanes(expecting them to put indicators well in advance? ..well ), 2 wheelers and autos have the unfortunate disposition to change lanes at will. The road is their birthright. This squarely puts responsibility on the car driver behind to honk and warn the 2 wheeler/auto that all is not well!
Frankly, I am amazed at people who drive in India w/o using the horn much. It is no doubt a noble policy, and congrats and good luck to them. My friend who tried that in Chennai had a major accident and had to be operated. For myself, I hit a two wheeler and damaged the side of my car,when the rider changed lanes without notice. We got into a brawl and I was told that I should have warned him not to do so by honking in advance!!
Old 17th July 2008, 14:02   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
I think it is kind of an expectation in India that people will honk before they overtake. Drivers who honk also feel that if they have honked, then that is signal enough and gives them the right to overtake. Overtaking w/o honking can be hazardous because of this wrong expectation set.
Agreed, but that's where being defensive helps - like making sure that the clearance between the vehicles is sufficient or carrying sufficient speed so that they don't know what went past (the civic's power helps here and in case of the Indica, switching off the ac )
Closed Thread