Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2009, 19:27   #376
BHPian

Hi to all

Well how's the sound of the new ICE!!!!!

Also Santosh how does the car feel after you had it fixed ?

I ask this as mine too has been banged up twice in 5 days ie. Once on last Friday by a speeding bike. He banged into my RHF Bumper and smashed it out of its mounting and just when i was on my way out of my Building for a Overnite trip to Lonavala

Well a bit of the Metal is bent in the RHF Tyre Well rim but surprise surprise the Wind Screen Wiper Fluid Bottle was smashed. Well the surprise was that i did not know that the Bottle was placed in such a position.

Also the Headlight Mounting Bracket just snapped and what else i shall know only tomorrow

Well as i have the TATA dealer from whom i bought the Car i.e. Wasan Motors in my Building, they just checked and found that i could make the trip of approx 125 KM o/w and would not have any problem. Well i did a half hour run with the A/c on full blast and engine running on higer RPM just to check that the engine was not overheating and to my relief there was nothing to bother there.

I did my overniter and due to pressing work was not able to give it to TATA Motors Service Center till today and had scheduled a drop off for tomorrow when the 2nd Bang .......

Which was today when i had stopped urgently due to a Taxi ( the Black and Yellow ones; metered ) not moving smoothly after a short sprint and stop in the morning traffic and saving my already banged front bumper but safe radiator from any damage but then a Tourist Taxi did not stop just as well as i did and i had and he banged my RHR Bumper and took off some Glass from the RHR Light Cluster.

Well does anybody know what is the % of Insurance i could get for the Bumper and Glass and wether it would be ecnomical for me to have this repaired from other than TATA

I shall try post Pics so that may help the Guru's out there , esp Santosh i would love your comments / suggestions as i feel by the pics you had uploaded of the WIP is somewhat similar though not as sever as you had gone through

Well Bye for Now
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:31   #377
BHPian

Hey Santosh

Long time we have not had a post from you. Is everything fine with you & your ride?

Well my ride as you know was in a multiple accident. Lots of scratches and dents and both the bumpers and all Lights had to be changed but no major work. I got the car back from T A S S on 10 MAY 09 after taking over a fortnight and more

I must say that TASS did a good job with the Dent and Scratch removal as well as the Paint matching and now the Car looks Brand new

Some niggling issues remain i.e. they have not connected the new Window Washer and so no spray. Also when they did the Boot they have put in a different set of Logos for the TDI as well as the CS and the car was not cleaned properly. So this weekend back to TASS for some rectifications . Will try and post pics

Hey all i wanted an advice. When i was at TASS they were trying to sell me this Underbody Coating Treatment of WRUTH called Stone Guard @ 3200/- for 3 Year Warranty. Is this any good?

Anyways bye for now
Old 24th May 2009, 13:43   #378
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Nandan,
Was busy for a long time, car is doing great, Audio is thumping.

---------update---------25,000 Kms-------------
well, nothing to update, car is doing its job and sounding signs due for a FULL service. Monsoons, and blore roads may make the date due a bit sooner. Keep watching.
-------------------------------------------------
Old 24th May 2009, 15:01   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandanRM View Post

Hey all i wanted an advice. When i was at TASS they were trying to sell me this Underbody Coating Treatment of WRUTH called Stone Guard @ 3200/- for 3 Year Warranty. Is this any good?
@ Nandan I had the same question and got few informed answers. You may want to read few posts on the following thread. Happy driving

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-cs-gls.html
Old 5th July 2009, 13:14   #380
Senior - BHPian

Angry Bad Saturday

5-jul-09
TATA Indigo CS LS TDI
Ownership period - 1 year and 1 month (Still under warranty, Also I got extended warranty)
ODO - 27,900Kms

Took the car to the True Sai, hosur TASS. I had some clutch play and wanted to adjust it, also some excess play in the Gear Lever, I got that adjusted too.

After bringing down the car - PROBLEM starts - the CHECK ENGINE light comes on. After 20 mins, they diagnosed it to a 'probable' broken speedometer sensor... they put in a new one - check engine light still comes on.

I decide to leave the car there (disappointed/angry/furious/what not) and go home. After 3-5 hours of 'diagnosis' they callup and say 'ECU' is conked off and may need replacement.

QUESTION:

Is ECU covered under warranty? The TASS guy told me he needs to check with TATA engineers and come back to me on Monday... I am like "WHAT" -- its a 18,000Rs part and he isnt sure if the part is covered under warranty...

Now, BHP'ians, could any one validate above point for me? I am very distressed now...

Last edited by svsantosh : 5th July 2009 at 13:16.
Old 5th July 2009, 13:37   #381
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Is ECU covered under warranty? [/i]
Sorry to hear about that.

If this could of help, this is a part of what is covered as per my extended warranty booklet:

Fuel system:

Carburettor, chock unit, fuel pump, injector pump, ECU, cold start valve, pressure damper, auxiliary valve, overrun cut off valve, deceleration
valve, tank sender unit.

I have highlighted that portion.

Hope this helps.
Old 5th July 2009, 15:22   #382
BANNED

so santosh as trrk said yes your ECU is covered under warranty so just check out with TASS.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:51   #383
Senior - BHPian

8-July-2009, Wednesday

I got the car back and DELPHI had replaced the ECU with a new one.
Old 10th July 2009, 17:09   #384
Senior - BHPian

oh, so even the tdi engine has a delphi ECU. I thought only the dicor had one
Old 11th July 2009, 12:55   #385
BHPian

Hi Santosh

Nice to hear from you after so long about the car albeit with a problem

And a solved one at that, so thats cool

Mine has had a Branch of a Peepul tree fall on it this wednesday and the cars roof, rear windscreen and boot lid all damaged and the rear parcel tray and seats totally soaked, so the cars back with TASS within 3 Months and that too with the rains here picking up

Well the cars fine and all but is turning out unlucky for me as of now

Well may be able to post some pics soon of the damage but right now not in a frame of mind

Bye
Old 9th August 2009, 23:39   #386
Senior - BHPian

Default 30,000 kms in 14 months

Well, as written above, 30000 in 14 months exactly, and wow, what a roller coaster of a ride it has been. Only regret is if only the maker showed half the passion as the owner or the TASS in maintaining the quality - all this 30K would have been a tad better.

Excerpts:

30K in 14mths
Diesel FE - 14 in city (AC 100%), 18+ Highway
AC Cooling great but noisy
Space - huge + Point, good VFM for a Sedan with a cute Boot
Against - Roughness, rides like a lorry. Crappy Steering @ high speeds, Notchy Gear shifts
For - VFM and FE and Space

VERY Against
Quality - Rattles a lot, bad quality of major components like Alternator and ECU failed.

Very For
TASS struggling to keep up TATA name and going beyond the line to solve any problem
Old 10th August 2009, 10:26   #387
Senior - BHPian

Wow, quite an eventful 30,000 km. When will Tata QC people learn? And some of it is rubbing off on Fiat as well now, thanks to being manufactured in the same plant.

Alternator / ECU replacement has not been confidence inspiring. No doubt, there are many happy / satisfied Tata owners as well, so I guess it's a chance.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:52   #388
Senior - BHPian

Finished a 800Km trip to Chennai over the weekend. Offlate the clutch is giving a shudder/judder when changing gears. The play has increased substantially and I am suspecting a wornout Release Bearing. There is no powerloss while cruising or going thru traffic. Just IMMENSE displeasure while changing gears and especially engaging reverse. I will check with TASS over the next few days.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:57   #389
BHPian

All said and done, I think no other car would have been more VFM for the number of Kms you do a month, it 2k+.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:05   #390
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Offlate the clutch is giving a shudder/judder when changing gears. The play has increased substantially and I am suspecting a wornout Release Bearing.
Adjust the play. Should help.

Next step, see if clutch cable is bad or just change and see. Don't give the service centre ideas.

See the following:

Yahoo! Groups

In normal postion, the clutch and brake pedal should be at the same height.
Closed Thread