Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2008, 20:28   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

@svsantosh: I would advise AGAINST the OEM power windows. You get in 8k what they take 12k for, and proper placement - OEM in a friend's Indigo LX was in center (if I recall) - Autocop's setup offers it on both doors like it should be. And anyday autocop over tata PWs!!

@drsk: That's prolly cause GLS/GLG are selling models. Add in a color like the blue one and you have a problem on their hands. That said, 3 months is mostly courtesy the dealer. - around one month is expected.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I asked about fitting OEM PW in the rear on my DLG , and they said the switches would be on the doors ONLY

no idea about how it would be in case of center though,,,
Old 19th May 2008, 23:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@svsantosh: I would advise AGAINST the OEM power windows. You get in 8k what they take 12k for, and proper placement - OEM in a friend's Indigo LX was in center (if I recall) - Autocop's setup offers it on both doors like it should be. And anyday autocop over tata PWs!!

@drsk: That's prolly cause GLS/GLG are selling models. Add in a color like the blue one and you have a problem on their hands. That said, 3 months is mostly courtesy the dealer. - around one month is expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I asked about fitting OEM PW in the rear on my DLG , and they said the switches would be on the doors ONLY

no idea about how it would be in case of center though,,,
I believe he is talking bout the power windows in the front which are in the center (=lots of trouble).
Old 20th May 2008, 06:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

to be honest , i never found the pw switches in the center to be that annoying, except for a few friends who couldnt figure out where they were.

It's my first car, so i wasnt used to any particular convention
Old 20th May 2008, 14:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@svsantosh: I would advise AGAINST the OEM power windows. You get in 8k what they take 12k for, and proper placement - OEM in a friend's Indigo LX was in center (if I recall) - Autocop's setup offers it on both doors like it should be. And anyday autocop over tata PWs. - around one month is expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
to be honest , i never found the pw switches in the center to be that annoying, except for a few friends who couldnt figure out where they were.
hi guys..

I walked into the spares warehouse along with the sales manager and asked him to show me what I get for 12.5K.

The kit contains a few kilometers of wiring - of course
A few motors - of course
AND
The regular 4 switches combo box on the front right door by my arm, and 3 more cute boxes for other 3 doors. Since this is with 1 year warranty, I am cool with it-(that xtra 4K)...

---------------------
Update - Finally got the cheque from MyTVS for my Old Alto 1.5Lacs, and also got the new Loan paper work done at my door step again from SFL - Sundaram Finance Ltd.

Loan Amt - 4.1Lacs
Tenure - 5 years
EMI - 9225.00
Rate of int - 7% Flat (around 13 diminising) I am ok with it Coz its one of the few finance houses that accept part repayment of loan principle.

I expect to get around a lac every year as a bonus, enough to reduce the principle amount considerably each year. No other banks in my area provide this.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The regular 4 switches combo box on the front right door by my arm, and 3 more cute boxes for other 3 doors. Since this is with 1 year warranty, I am cool with it-(that xtra 4K)...
Thats new. For the indica DLX, it had 4 switches in the center , and 1 each in the rear doors.
And one of the sales guys at the tvm dealer said it would take 7k for the rear windows , and 14k for the whole thing.

are you talking about the OEM switchgear or the autocop ones ?
Old 20th May 2008, 14:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
---------------------
Update - Finally got the cheque from MyTVS for my Old Alto 1.5Lacs, and also got the new Loan paper work done at my door step again from SFL - Sundaram Finance Ltd.

Loan Amt - 4.1Lacs
Tenure - 5 years
EMI - 9225.00
Rate of int - 7% Flat (around 13 diminising) I am ok with it Coz its one of the few finance houses that accept part repayment of loan principle.

I expect to get around a lac every year as a bonus, enough to reduce the principle amount considerably each year. No other banks in my area provide this.
The 7% ROI is indeed a very good deal. ICICI charges anywhere from 12.5 to 13% and the nationalised banks between 11.5 to 12%. These rates are as per my enquiry with the banks.
Just make sure the processing is hassle free and yes you may need to know how the SFL processes when you intend to preclose the loan amount.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Just make sure the processing is hassle free and yes you may need to know how the SFL processes when you intend to preclose the loan amount.
Hai Girish,

not to worry, this is my 2nd loan with SFL, my old alto was from them, so I know the hosur br.mgr very close, in fact i dont even have a address and Id verrification guy coming to my home. the manager told its all approved and he just needs a OK from me on a phone call - at the time I am ready to pay the showroom.

- preclosure, that too is known to me, they charge around 5% of the principle amount i intend to close, ok per current market.

- and the best part,loan processing fees + documentation, is just 700Rs, compared to 2.5 to 3000 many other banks charge. So I save a few bucks there.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Loan Amt - 4.1Lacs
Tenure - 5 years
EMI - 9225.00
Rate of int - 7% Flat (around 13 diminising)
THink I should take a car loan and pay off my housing loan !!
Old 20th May 2008, 17:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hai Girish,

not to worry, this is my 2nd loan with SFL, my old alto was from them, so I know the hosur br.mgr very close, in fact i dont even have a address and Id verrification guy coming to my home. the manager told its all approved and he just needs a OK from me on a phone call - at the time I am ready to pay the showroom.

- preclosure, that too is known to me, they charge around 5% of the principle amount i intend to close, ok per current market.

- and the best part,loan processing fees + documentation, is just 700Rs, compared to 2.5 to 3000 many other banks charge. So I save a few bucks there.
Good to hear that.
The other better part is that you are getting finance done on your own and this not many car dealers would welcome because the dealer in-house finance would charge 0.5% more that than the nationalised banks. Therefore these guys always insist on taking the in-house finance highlighting the hassle free loan processing, immediate processing and convenient loan preclosure processing including door service.
The processing is smooth in nationalised banks only if you know somebody otherwise its big headache (my personal experience w.r.t. home loan). This is where we tend to align with ICICI bank because of their pre-approved loan concept.
Hope that you get your car early than expected and a nice review with snaps
Old 20th May 2008, 18:12   #41
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Default 7% flat rate = approx 14% bank rate

Hi!
7 % is flat rate as mentioned by svsantosh clearly.he has aslo mentioned it is about 13% bank rate.
rule of thumb 1% flat rate = 1.9% bank rate ( approx)

SBI current rate is 11.5%

ICICI around 13%
Old 20th May 2008, 18:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
THink I should take a car loan and pay off my housing loan !!
I think I should be doing the same, in fact get 2 car loans to close off my ^%%$%^ 13->14->?? (god Knows what current %) flexi home loan...!!!
Old 20th May 2008, 20:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Hi!
7 % is flat rate as mentioned by svsantosh clearly.he has aslo mentioned it is about 13% bank rate.
rule of thumb 1% flat rate = 1.9% bank rate ( approx)

SBI current rate is 11.5%

ICICI around 13%
You are right rkg. I calculated the loan EMI in carwale.com with the details provided by Santosh and the EMI comes to 9226 pm with ROI as 13%.
Sorry I mistook the ROI as 7% without looking at 13.
Old 22nd May 2008, 16:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

update----

Nothing unexpected, My dealer is telling me there is quite a wait for the CS, ANY Model. Am not sure if this is signs of good things to come, or just a supply chain issue. anyways, Current update is at least 10 days more.

this changes the $ by a bit. Reason below....

From 1-June-2008, TN is increasing its Road Tax slab from current 6% to 8%. So on a 4.83L Xshrm, it increases by 9600Rs. I still gain from a KA Regn, because I heard KA is increasing from 13% to 15%. not sure about that claim, Bangaloreans, please confirm.

So end result, 5.43L OTR from 5.33L. :(
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:09   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
update----

Nothing unexpected, My dealer is telling me there is quite a wait for the CS, ANY Model. Am not sure if this is signs of good things to come, or just a supply chain issue. anyways, Current update is at least 10 days more.

this changes the $ by a bit. Reason below....

From 1-June-2008, TN is increasing its Road Tax slab from current 6% to 8%. So on a 4.83L Xshrm, it increases by 9600Rs. I still gain from a KA Regn, because I heard KA is increasing from 13% to 15%. not sure about that claim, Bangaloreans, please confirm.

So end result, 5.43L OTR from 5.33L. :(
15%??? Its 6% in Kerala!
Closed Thread