Closed Thread

Old 26th March 2009, 10:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
To be installed:

1) alloys
2) dump sony and install JBL on front & rear + a new HU

this is happen as & when Vitamin M pours in.
Raj, doesn't the Mhawk already come with alloys? If so, isn't 15k kms too early to be changing them?

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th March 2009 at 19:34. Reason: Post reinstated.
Old 5th April 2009, 18:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Raj, doesn't the Mhawk already come with alloys? If so, isn't 15k kms too early to be changing them?
yes, the mHawk does come with alloys but now the scorpio VLX is a common sight on mumbai roads & so are the standard alloys! hence, i plan to go for something in chrome or black machined finish, probably a bit offset.

meanwhile, an unscheduled visit to the A.S.S. happened:
reasons-
1) as i said earlier, the santro guy had scraped the paint, so re-painting was to be done.
2) some tik tik noise from the driver seatbelt on rough roads
3) driver door squeaking on rough roads.

solutions-
1) re-painting was not necessary according to the A.S.S as the damage was 'NIL'. they did a free touch up job. they did a good job, its hardly noticeable.
2) seatbelt problem solved.
3) driver door along with all doors tightened & adjusted.
4) i had asked them to check for each & every noise in the cabin on rough roads, so they tightened the middle row seatback too. now the car's cabin is as silent as when new.
5) meanwhile, i opted for mahindra's 'MIRACLE TREATMENT'. Its basically an underbody treatment, an anti-rust coating. for the coating to be applied, they had to clean the car's underbody first & then apply the coating, but obvious! so now the wheels, wheel wells, shocks, etc. look spanking new!
6) the rear glass washer was not working, the washer container was choked. they replaced it under warranty.

so total cost incurred:
MIRACLE TREATMENT = Rs. 3500/-
WC TAX = Rs. 280/-
WSER TAX = Rs. 360/-

TOTAL = Rs. 4141/-

Last edited by raj_5004 : 5th April 2009 at 18:09.
Old 5th April 2009, 18:28   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2 incidents happened within 2 days which i thought is worth mentioning in my ownership report:

1) yesterday, i was driving towards mulund from byculla on the eastern express highway. it was a dull afternoon & traffic was light. i was driving on the right lane at about 110 kmph. few metres away i see this 'tata 407' tempo trying to get into my lane. i flash my headlight and honk twice since if i let him come into my way, i would have to brake quite hard. judging my speed, the temp cuts back into is lane and gives me the hand signal to pass. at about 90 kmph, i again accelerate to pass and just as my car's nose reached his front tyre, very abruptly he cuts into my lane. that is followed by my emergency braking and a little swerve to the right. the scorpio came to a dead halt from 100-0 kmph in a perfectly straight line... no drama, so skidding & no screeching. i could even feel the ABS work through the brake pedals. there was no front end dive as expected. i was greatly impressed by such a braking performance. THE ABS DEFINITELY WORKS.

2) today a santro hit my parked scorpio while he was parking. the santro's damage was a badly dented front right fender. the damage to my car was a scratch on the rear left cladding! i enquired at the mahindra showroom as what will it cost to get the cladding re-painted, they say its 1500. this tough build of mahindra is what i adore.
Raj never read about this incident till now.Hope things are fine. Guess that has to be endured in the metro traffic in a country like ours.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:09   #139
BHPian

Hi Raj

How is your experience with the Airconditioner in your Scorpio? Does it perform well when fully loaded on a hot summer day?
Old 7th April 2009, 16:02   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hi, AC is pretty good and cools fast without any noticable drop in the drive performance. The only issue is the the middle row passeners get rather "cold feet" on account of the placement of the rear vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
Hi Raj

How is your experience with the Airconditioner in your Scorpio? Does it perform well when fully loaded on a hot summer day?
Old 7th April 2009, 16:42   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, AC is pretty good and cools fast without any noticable drop in the drive performance. The only issue is the the middle row passeners get rather "cold feet" on account of the placement of the rear vents.
As opposed to a cold head?
Old 7th April 2009, 17:22   #142
BHPian

Honda Pilot SUV has the same design of rear AC, I thought it was just Mahindra (May be M&M copied it from Honda)!!!

-Pramod
Old 7th April 2009, 19:12   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raj

hi buddy, as m_upreti mentioned, the AC chills to the core.
but these days, the temp in mumbai rose to 41 degrees. and that is when i felt the throw of cold air through the vents to be insufficent as compared to an innova.
its okay for the front passengers but insufficient for the rear passengers. on normal summers, the AC is more than sufficient. the passengers in the boot will anyhow suffer in all circumstances as they have no seperate vents.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:14   #144
Senior - BHPian

I can see some bit of inspiration flowing in from the Pilot. Compare the headlights with the new Scorpio, interior (except the space craft like setting in the pilot).

Exterior side profile - 100% inspiration for the Sumo Grande, but extremely poorly executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Honda Pilot SUV has the same design of rear AC, I thought it was just Mahindra (May be M&M copied it from Honda)!!!

-Pramod
Old 8th April 2009, 11:39   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi buddy, as m_upreti mentioned, the AC chills to the core.
but these days, the temp in mumbai rose to 41 degrees. and that is when i felt the throw of cold air through the vents to be insufficent as compared to an innova.
its okay for the front passengers but insufficient for the rear passengers. on normal summers, the AC is more than sufficient. the passengers in the boot will anyhow suffer in all circumstances as they have no seperate vents.
I think overhead AC (given as paid accessory by dealers) would be good choice in this case.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:37   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I think overhead AC (given as paid accessory by dealers) would be good choice in this case.
Is there a noticible drop in power with this additional AC?
I was advised by a dealer that an after-market fitment of an overhead AC is not reliable and prone to constant issues of gas leakage etc. Further I am not sure if the warranty will get affected once this change is done.
Old 8th April 2009, 15:25   #147
Senior - BHPian

there are two modes in a scorpio's AC- low & high. no power drop in felt in any of the modes.
i was also offered the option of fitting the roof mounted AC by the dealer for 35,000/-. i refused because my car's rear seat is rarely occupied and also i did not want the dealer to tear open my new scorpio's roof! it could also give minor issues later.
Old 10th May 2009, 18:13   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Raj

Quote:
these days, the temp in mumbai rose to 41 degrees. and that is when i felt the throw of cold air through the vents to be insufficent as compared to an innova.
its okay for the front passengers but insufficient for the rear passengers.
my scorpio has done 18,800 kms. an unscheduled visit of my scorpio to the A.S.S. will happen tomorrow. reasons are the driver door squeaking re-surfaced & the AC performance has dropped drastically. as mumbai's temp levels are increasing day by day, i am finding it more difficult to sit in the cabin. the AC doesnt make me sweat but it does not cool the cabin to a comfortable level either.

Reasons could be:
1) some major fault in the coil/compressor/etc. or gas leakage.
2) my car is parked under a small tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio in the form of small dried leaves. every morning when i see my scorpio, the bonnet is fully covered with brown dusty leaves. even on the previous 3 visits to the A.S.S (schedules services), the mechanics have remarked that huge amount of leaves are found in the AC filter. i suspect even this time, these leaves have choked up the filter & hence the throw of cool air in the cabin is less. earlier i used to set the AC at 2-Low, now i have to keep it at 4-High, just to avoid sweating!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th May 2009 at 18:16.
Old 10th May 2009, 18:49   #149
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Guess that has to be endured in the metro traffic in a country like ours.
I have been very careful with my car, but when standing stationery at a signal a woman driver in a Hyundai Accent, crawled up slowly towards my right rear wheel arch and mud guard and banged it at a low speed of about 20 kmph. The result a small dent.

This just goes to show, no matter how careful one is as a driver, there is always another moron who will cause damage.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 10th May 2009, 19:51   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I have been very careful with my car, but when standing stationery at a signal a woman driver in a Hyundai Accent, crawled up slowly towards my right rear wheel arch and mud guard and banged it at a low speed of about 20 kmph. The result a small dent.

This just goes to show, no matter how careful one is as a driver, there is always another moron who will cause damage.

Cheers,
gpa
All: OT but thought this might help gpa.

@gpa: just found some posts which might be of interest to you on removing dents. Please read the thread to know more about and see if it helps. I thought it is a news on itself!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-you-know.html (Fixing small dents - a secret that garage owners would not like you to know)

Regards,
Closed Thread