Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2009, 12:14   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

How is the sound quality of these horns compared to the stock horns.

I am planning to replace mine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
latest addition to my scorpio before the new year:
Roots windtone 90 Horns
Old 1st January 2009, 17:54   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Raj,

How is the sound quality of these horns compared to the stock horns.

I am planning to replace mine too
hi upreti,
it sounds just terrific, infact ideal for an SUV. its a 5A horn.
the horn is loud enough, though not over loud (like truck horns).
it sounds like those of the octavia or old optra or old merc.
Old 1st January 2009, 19:50   #108
BANNED

Yes, mine were the same, they sound like earstwhile HM Contessa's horn!
Actually water can easily enter this horn, while washing or going through water.
Because of this problem, the mechanic had installed them facing downwards in my car.
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:15   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I think I will go for them..I have a date with the dealer tomorrow...

Quote:
hi upreti,
it sounds just terrific, infact ideal for an SUV. its a 5A horn.
the horn is loud enough, though not over loud (like truck horns).
it sounds like those of the octavia or old optra or old merc.
Old 6th January 2009, 23:42   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Actually water can easily enter this horn, while washing or going through water.
Because of this problem, the mechanic had installed them facing downwards in my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I got these horns installed in my car, but did not last long, water causes easy damage to these horns, you will have to be carefull.
Hi Raj, in reply to your post in other thread(pics. of Scorpio), look I just pin pointed the problem to you, these horns are not advisable for SUV's as water is the least of the obstacles they have to deal with.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:00   #111
Senior - BHPian

yes bhp1, you are absolutely right. infact i was aware of this problem as i have these fitted onto my non-crde scorpio as well. and its running fine since 2 years. all i did was point the opening of the horn downwards to keep away water.
since i am getting a free replacement, let me try fitting the horns with the mouth downwards, still if it gives me problem, i will dump it!

thanks.
Old 1st February 2009, 17:59   #112
Senior - BHPian

a call centre sumo decided to rear end my scorpio one fine day. with my car stationary & brakes applied, the impact i thought was very high. but luckily the damage is nil, only a slight scratch on the bumper because of the sumo's black front guard.

meanwhile, a visit to the A.S.S. for changing the security code has helped and the code was changed in 2 minutes, yes... 2 minutes! another complaint was a slight squeaking noise sometimes from the driver's door on rough roads, this has been solved by tightening the bolt. the time of vehicle entry on the job card was 9.40 am and time of exit was 9.45 am! this is because though i reached the A.S.S. by 9.25, the vehicle was taken for a trial run to check the door sound.

this time, i was very impressed with the mahindra service though. they were very courteous... so courteous that i was made to drink coffee twice!

meanwhile, i enquired about the extended warranty that will increase the warranty to 4 years & 1 lakh kms. they charge Rs. 10,000 for that. i am confused whether i should opt for it or its not needed?
Old 1st February 2009, 18:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... i am confused whether i should opt for it or its not needed?
Raj, why make the same post in multiple thread? The same post is there in owners thread also! This way, with just one content you will have double post counts!
Old 1st February 2009, 18:49   #114
BHPian

Raj, you should go for the extended warranty option before your Scorp runs out of the original warranty. Mine has completed 2 yeras last month and i have opted for the extended option by paying Rs.9999/- I think its worth it.

Hyundai charges Rs.9035/ for 1yr extended warranty on Verna CRDI. So, i think 10k for 2 years is definately worth every rupee.

Although Scorp is a trouble free truck, but with all this latest tech under the hood, parts are expensive. So, its always better to be covered.
Old 1st February 2009, 21:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Raj, you should go for the extended warranty option before your Scorp runs out of the original warranty. Mine has completed 2 yeras last month and i have opted for the extended option by paying Rs.9999/- I think its worth it.

Hyundai charges Rs.9035/ for 1yr extended warranty on Verna CRDI. So, i think 10k for 2 years is definately worth every rupee.

Although Scorp is a trouble free truck, but with all this latest tech under the hood, parts are expensive. So, its always better to be covered.
thanks a lot for the advice buddy.
i thought the price was too high but now it makes sense.
thanks.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:38   #116
BHPian

I have taken the extended warranty, I buyed this on the same day, It does give you comfort feeling with "What if?" question.

-Pramod
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:05   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hi Scorpman,

Can we go for the extended warrenty anytime before the original warrenty expires ? Or it has got some time period within which it has to be bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post

Last edited by m_upreti : 2nd February 2009 at 13:06.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:20   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi Scorpman,

Can we go for the extended warrenty anytime before the original warrenty expires ? Or it has got some time period within which it has to be bought.
anytime before the original warranty expires.
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:13   #119
BHPian

I believe there is some KM warning also attached, not sure how much but its there.
On a different note what is the reserve fuel capacity of Scorpio, I believe the complete tank is 64 ltrs, so what is there when the first warning sound and how much can we run after that safely, plus max kms till it runs dry, I have been filling with first warning and the liters are different every time.

-Pramod
Old 2nd February 2009, 19:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

i drove about 15 kms after hearing the warning the 3rd time, before fuelling up the tank. when i topped up the tank, i was suprised to note that 12 litres of fuel remaining in the tank. add two litres to it as i has driven 15 kms as i said. so there must be around 10-15 litres still present.
Closed Thread