Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 2nd February 2009, 19:07   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Can we go for the extended warrenty anytime before the original warrenty expires ? Or it has got some time period within which it has to be bought.
50,000kms or two years, whichever comes earlier. Beyond that you are ineligible.
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:17   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
50,000kms or two years, whichever comes earlier. Beyond that you are ineligible.
Hi Raj, Anup is very right. You have to get it before 50k Kms. or 2 years whichever comes earlier. They need xerox of your Scorp's R.C., Insurance and first page of the Owner's Manual.
Old 28th February 2009, 20:40   #123
Senior - BHPian

Default :15,000 kms UPDATE:

My scorpio mHawk has just completed 15,000 kms a week back. today it went for its 15,000 kms service. the car went to the A.S.S at 9.30 am and was delivered by 3 pm.

Total cost incurred: Rs. 467/-

I wont describe the pros & cons anymore as i have talked about it many times already! both the pros & cons still remain!

Major issues: None

Minor issues:
1) Gear lever vibration in 3rd gear still persists. i again re-confirmed that it is present in all mHawks.
2) the driver's door sometimes used to squeak over rough roads. door nut tightened, problem solved.

Other than these, the car is running fine. However 15,000 kms on busy mumbai streets has left some marks on my scorpio. a sumo rear ended on my stationary scorpio, this has left a small black mark on the left side of the rear bumper. a idiot guy brushed his civic against my AGAIN STATIONARY scorpio which left AGAIN a black mark on its left mud flap.

its giving me an average of 9-10 kmpl on crowded city runs and 13-14 kmpl on mix city-highway runs. all figures ith 100% AC. i know its less but thats mainly due to my style of driving, i have the habit of flooring the throttle in every gear.

Accessories:

1) black vinyl on B, C & D pillars: looks nice & has stuck well.
2) Garware reflective film: i am not too happy with the choice of the sun film.
3) Carryman front guard: the best accessory of my scorpio, looks excellent and no problems whatsoever.
4) JBL basstube + Sony 4 ch amp + 2 sony 400W ovals: all are working fine.
5) Roots windtone 90 horns: working fine & sounds great.

To be installed:

1) alloys
2) dump sony and install JBL on front & rear + a new HU

this is happen as & when Vitamin M pours in.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 28th February 2009 at 20:42.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:21   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
a sumo rear ended on my stationary scorpio, this has left a small black mark on the left side of the rear bumper. a idiot guy brushed his civic against my AGAIN STATIONARY scorpio which left AGAIN a black mark on its left mud flap.
LOL, Raj, now do you see why I'm such a stickler for bumpers in 'natural' colour of the plastic?!
Old 28th February 2009, 21:24   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, Raj, now do you see why I'm such a stickler for bumpers in 'natural' colour of the plastic?!
Yeah, because you drive in Delhi, anup ji
I was amazed when I visited Delhi for the first time in 2002. Almost every car had a dent and scraping paint/bumpers was almost natural for the cabbies.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:58   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yeah, because you drive in Delhi, anup ji
I was amazed when I visited Delhi for the first time in 2002. Almost every car had a dent and scraping paint/bumpers was almost natural for the cabbies.
Hey, you happen to live in one of the most civilized cities in India.

But then, there was also the Wild West in the US! Some died, some lived; by and large they managed to come out of it! Will we?!

Last edited by anupmathur : 28th February 2009 at 22:00.
Old 25th March 2009, 18:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

2 incidents happened within 2 days which i thought is worth mentioning in my ownership report:

1) yesterday, i was driving towards mulund from byculla on the eastern express highway. it was a dull afternoon & traffic was light. i was driving on the right lane at about 110 kmph. few metres away i see this 'tata 407' tempo trying to get into my lane. i flash my headlight and honk twice since if i let him come into my way, i would have to brake quite hard. judging my speed, the temp cuts back into is lane and gives me the hand signal to pass. at about 90 kmph, i again accelerate to pass and just as my car's nose reached his front tyre, very abruptly he cuts into my lane. that is followed by my emergency braking and a little swerve to the right. the scorpio came to a dead halt from 100-0 kmph in a perfectly straight line... no drama, so skidding & no screeching. i could even feel the ABS work through the brake pedals. there was no front end dive as expected. i was greatly impressed by such a braking performance. THE ABS DEFINITELY WORKS.

2) today a santro hit my parked scorpio while he was parking. the santro's damage was a badly dented front right fender. the damage to my car was a scratch on the rear left cladding! i enquired at the mahindra showroom as what will it cost to get the cladding re-painted, they say its 1500. this tough build of mahindra is what i adore.
Old 25th March 2009, 18:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Good. I was half expecting you to say that something failed on your car as I was reading through. Something I have come to expect on a lot of the threads on the other Indian SUV.

Has Upreti's stuff been sorted? Whats the update from him?
Old 25th March 2009, 18:55   #129
Senior - BHPian

when something fails, i'll make it a point to personally PM you before posting it on the forum...
LOL...
Old 25th March 2009, 19:09   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi Red Liner,

Been busy with the year end.

The Car is running perfectly, once I manage to turn the key in the ignition, some exercise & lot of prayers are required to turn the key. I am still waiting for the part to arrive from M&M for replacement. If I dont get an update rom A.S.S. by tomorrow I will raise it to Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Good. I was half expecting you to say that something failed on your car as I was reading through. Something I have come to expect on a lot of the threads on the other Indian SUV.

Has Upreti's stuff been sorted? Whats the update from him?
Hi Raj,

The braking in this car is amazing, one press and you stop in a straight line.

Good to know that the damage is minimal, infact most of the vehicles give way to this beast.

Quote:
2 incidents happened within 2 days which i thought is worth mentioning in my ownership report:

1) yesterday, i was driving towards mulund from byculla on the eastern express highway. it was a dull afternoon & traffic was light. i was driving on the right lane at about 110 kmph. few metres away i see this 'tata 407' tempo trying to get into my lane. i flash my headlight and honk twice since if i let him come into my way, i would have to brake quite hard. judging my speed, the temp cuts back into is lane and gives me the hand signal to pass. at about 90 kmph, i again accelerate to pass and just as my car's nose reached his front tyre, very abruptly he cuts into my lane. that is followed by my emergency braking and a little swerve to the right. the scorpio came to a dead halt from 100-0 kmph in a perfectly straight line... no drama, so skidding & no screeching. i could even feel the ABS work through the brake pedals. there was no front end dive as expected. i was greatly impressed by such a braking performance. THE ABS DEFINITELY WORKS.

2) today a santro hit my parked scorpio while he was parking. the santro's damage was a badly dented front right fender. the damage to my car was a scratch on the rear left cladding! i enquired at the mahindra showroom as what will it cost to get the cladding re-painted, they say its 1500. this tough build of mahindra is what i adore.
Old 25th March 2009, 20:26   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thais will also hold true for a Bolero, a Sumo and even a Tata Safari. Size does matter.
Old 25th March 2009, 21:14   #132
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What will a poor Santro do to a JCB proof Scorpio whether crde or 2.2. Just another one in the list of the so many vehicles that have hit from behind, man no way I find it incredulous like others on that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004
well, if you are talking about toughness, ths scorpio is no less buddy! many vehicles have hit my scorp from behind due to the driver's habit of sudden braking! it includes an esteem, endeavour, swift, qualis and a forester! i have not yet found a reason to repair anything! my same driver had crashed into a wagon R from behind. the wagon suffered from a badly dented boot door, its bumper fell down, both the tail lights and the rear glass was smashed but my scorp's bumper still stands thee proudly with just a scratch! want something big? a JCB excavator used in construction sites hit my CRDe and i have posted the pic

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...tml#post875593

Last edited by adc : 25th March 2009 at 21:21.
Old 25th March 2009, 21:22   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Just another one of the so many vehicles that have hit from behind
Why, adc, you seem to resent the Scorpio's derriere being JCB-proof! Didn't find a JCB in Kolkata to test your Safari with?
Old 25th March 2009, 21:32   #134
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why, adc, you seem to resent the Scorpio's derriere being JCB-proof! Didn't find a JCB in Kolkata to test your Safari with?
JCBs, Forresters Endeavours are passe, VTT-TMT had a showdown with Bigfoot during our Lahaul Spiti tour - well the damage - nil, zilch, nothing - just a faint impression after the collision.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post1208024

See the driver side front bumper, just beside the fog light.

Bigfoot is what the new ISI standard is for toughness!!

Last edited by adc : 25th March 2009 at 21:41.
Old 25th March 2009, 21:51   #135
BHPian

Maybe the JCB was a lemon????

Disclaimer :No offence intended to anyone or anything dead or alive
Closed Thread