Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 4th June 2008, 15:49   #1
BHPian

Default Indica Turbo DLG 30000 Kms Report

It happened 2 years back when we were looking for a good roomier (We all are taller in home), easy and cheap to run Hatch back.

As there were already 2 cars in the house (Innova V and Honda City GXI) so we wanted the car which can help in day to day needs and cater us when required on highways.

Looking on all the parameters the best and cheap to run Hatchback in the market was Indica DLG so booked that. Few days after buying upgraded the tyres to fatter & bigger one's with alloy wheels (Prestige) for improve in ride.

I have done around 30000 with the car.

The Indica has always been like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for me

Sometimes it runs so well and gives me a good surprise feel but on some given day the car makes me feel so frustated that I feel likes giving up

Dr Jekyll

Good Power, after 2000 RPM
Easy to run
Cheap spare parts
Good mileage, sometimes even after bad driving gives me 17 with AC on in city driving.
Good Cabin space

Mr Hyde

The Car rattles from the very first day
The Build qaulity is so poor that sometimes I fell did I spend 4.3 for this car
Tata srevices has always been very bad, it has never been good, even with change in service stations, they all are same for the Tata
Sometimes even with the safe and good driving the car delievers the mileage of 12
Suspension is so badly injected in the boot that it kills the boot space

At the end, I should say the Car has served for what It was bought.
A good roomier, easy and cheap to run Hatch back.
S_budhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:21   #2
BHPian

Thumbs up

Dear S_Budhiraj,

Glad to note your 30K kms ride so far.

As another Indica Turbo 'Dr.Jekyll' owner, i fully endorse your views.

With around 15k kms in about 6 months of ownership - i can safely say "Picture abhi bakhi hai mere dost"

Happy Riding.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Good report. However, i see a contradictory statement in your pros and cons with respect to mileage
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 16:54   #4
BHPian

I usually dont get more than 12-13 kmpl with city driving. The car is a DLG TCIC & 9000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Good report. However, i see a contradictory statement in your pros and cons with respect to mileage
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

the rattles , point out specifically what all are there.

seat rattles - cured by putting insulation tape around the metal stub the rear seat latches onto

boot rattles- check if the toolkit/wheels are secured. might be the rear parcel tray. a lot of them disappeared when i junked the plastic one and got an MDF one to fit my speakers. Even the service adviser said that MDF parcel tray is a good idea.

door rattling - for some reason changing the window assembly cured it

point out where the rattles come from - you may have to set apart a dedicated listening session for this , and the service guys should be able to fix it.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:44   #6
BHPian

Was the winder assembly covered under warranty ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

seat rattles - cured by putting insulation tape around the metal stub the rear seat latches onto

boot rattles- check if the toolkit/wheels are secured. might be the rear parcel tray. a lot of them disappeared when i junked the plastic one and got an MDF one to fit my speakers. Even the service adviser said that MDF parcel tray is a good idea.

point out where the rattles come from - you may have to set apart a dedicated listening session for this , and the service guys should be able to fix it.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 18:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Was the winder assembly covered under warranty ?
yes, and I've taken extended warranty as well. With tata cars, its better to be prepared
Old 4th June 2008, 19:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> The Car rattles from the very first day

Is it inspite of trying to solve them?

My Marina at 42000kms in our Kerala roads does not have rattling issues.

> The Build qaulity is so poor

Nothing has fallen off or broke in my car, yet.

> Tata srevices has always been very bad, it has never been good, even with > change in service stations, they all are same for the Tata

Where I live, I get good service from the different tata dealers / TASCs (RF Motors and Focuz Motors).
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 19:02   #9
BHPian

Dear S_Budhiraj,

Even I have a Mar'06 Indica DLG TCIC and it has completed 30350km, so we are buddies that way!

I have generally managed to extract 16kmpl minimum, and 21kmpl maximum. Only when my driver drove it, it showed 13kmpl once.

I have my share of rattles, and I fixed the parcel tray rattle by fixing an eraser to the rubber bush on the hatch door. Total expense - Rs 8, with a lot of FeviBond still left!

I had reported LH window winder noise in the latest servicing, and the TASC is still finding out whether it is covered under the extended warranty. Will post the result by the weekend.

I also have another Indica DLE, Jul '00 model, completed 98000+km so far.
sschivate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 19:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

hi sschivate,

> I had reported LH window winder noise in the latest servicing, and the TASC is > still finding out whether it is covered under the extended warranty. Will post > the result by the weekend.

The following is a quote from the Extended warranty booklet that I got along with my Marina.

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Starter motor and solenoid, alternator, distributor, coil, wiper and wassher motor, window motors, fan motors, switches and instruments.
(Exclusions: Batteries, light bulbs/units, wiper blades/rubbers, distributor caps and leads)

If it is a factory fitted power window, it is covered.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 20:16   #11
BHPian

Thanks a ton Bhpians for your feedbacks, here are my ans;-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
With around 15k kms in about 6 months of ownership - i can safely say "Picture abhi bakhi hai mere dost"
Happy Riding.

Nice Mileage 15k, seems you do lot of driving in this
Thanks Buddy for your wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

For the same reasons I mentioned, It has been like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. In the same style of driving it sometimes gives me good mileage and sometimes bad .

Hard to figure out why?

tried on the same road to detect and also taken the fuel from the same pump for the fuel quality reasons

But overall it has always given me 15Kmpl in mixed conditions of
driving, so satisfied in that matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post

Seats, Dashboard, Parcel Tray, OVRMs

Will try

I myself also done all the same and even replaced the stock tray with the wooden one, the tray thing worked but nothing else

How did u got that changd

A dedicated to rattles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

My Marina at 42000kms in our Kerala roads does not have rattling issues.

to hear that

Nothing has fallen off or broke in my car, yet.

Nothing big has also not happen to my car as of yet but still everynow and then it has some small issues with it

Where I live, I get good service from the different tata dealers / TASCs (RF Motors and Focuz Motors).

It might be good out there but not here , I have even spoken to some topshots of the TATA comp in Bombay regarding the same and even they themselves told me that they are trying to improve the situation in NCR, as loads of complaints are logged against these dealers, Hope to see them improving in the future
Old 4th June 2008, 21:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

my doors were rattling.I mentioned this when i gave it to the TASS. when i came back, the bill said windows replaced - free service, and the ratling was gone
Old 5th June 2008, 10:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

HI,
I also happen to own a Turbo DLG and has done 30K kms. I had the following problems

1. Parcel tray rattling, didnt go even with placing bushes, now using clth between the parcel shefl and hatch to avoid noises

2. Theres a strange noise from cltuch "cut, cut cut" when moving vehicle slowly in first gear. This happens while slipping the clutch. Not resolved till this day!

3. A/c fan belt has come out of alignment, rectified it, but viberations can be felt during a/c on while idling for long time

4. Changed rear wheel bearings under warranty, now new noise has cropped up

will have to take it to garage again!!
vinod_nookala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:05   #14
BHPian

Well Vinod that's what the problem with Indica is, you rectify one thing and another pops up

That's the story for me till yet
Old 8th June 2008, 21:21   #15
BHPian

i usually get 17-19kmpl in highway driving. how do you manage 17 in the city that too with ac on?
nawabnabeel is offline   Reply With Quote