Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  DSC07413.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  53.0 KB
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 08:26   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -65,555 kms Update

I am nearing the 65000 mark now and it's time to get a service done.

I change OIL near the 10000 mark which is due now.

I have the following things in min. Let me know if I should add something to this list -

Air filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Oil Change
Coolant
General Service

Problems -

Wiper Blades have gone so need replacing ( both sets )
Water Nozzle does not work ( eventhough I have tried cleaning it with a pin )
Horn Has Gone so needs replacing

Alignment & Balancing

Anything someone else suggests. No problem in the car otherwise.

It constantly gives me 12 kpl in heavy city driving with 100 % AC.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Default re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -65,555 kms Update

MODS - Please edit this thread to UPDATE 65555 km's

Spent the last 2 days in getting both my cars back to good shape. Accent was done yesterday and shelled out 6000 rupees BUT that's got nothing to do in this thread.

So while getting the Accent done yesterday I got wheel alignment and balancing also done at the same place - costed me 480 rupees. Much better to drive now and goes in a straight line.

Also I accidently went to the BOSCH service center and was very impressed with their setup and also how busy they were. I got new wiper blades for my Verna costing me 300 rupees whereas at the Hyundai service center they quoted something like 1600 rupees !!! Talk about daylight robbery.

TODAY MORNING WENT TO THE AUTH SERVICE CENTER -

INTERESTING STORY - my usual guy who services my car saw me and told the handling manager there to handover this car to him.

When the handling manager came he asked me what was required and my usual guy tells him - Service Paid, Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter. And that's it. Now I had told him earlier to get the fuel filter changed as well ( remember this costs around 2000 rupees ). He told me to keep quite as he will get me some benefit.

When the car goes inside and the other chaps are busy in taking other cars - he quickly comes with an assistant and brings a brand new fuel filter ( MADE IN KOREA ) and in 10 minutes changes it and in the next 10 minutes changes the oil, oil filter and air filter.

Story is - guys who come in and do the 1st, 2nd and 3rd free service are recommended to change the fuel filters BUT these guys do not and instead hide these parts. So for a common man its done.

Anyways who was I to complain. They do this with very few cars. ALSO Accidental cars sometimes.

SO this guy did a couple of jobs for me on the sly - the horn pad needed replacing and a new one costs 750 rupees, he repaired it for me. Also serviced all 4 brakes free of cost.

I was billed for -

PAID SERVICE 750 rs
ENGINE OIL 1200 rs
OIL IR FILTER 600 rs

Total after Tax - 2900 rs.

Went for a TD outside and tipped te guy 500 rs.

Everyone is happy

Also got free touchups done and now the car shines and gleams and is ready to much more and more km's. I guess I will see the 1 lac mark pretty soon.

A superb sedan and a gem of an engine.

I should see a good increase in mileage hopefully. Also the car was emitting black smoke when accelerator is pressed hard. Hopefully that has been taken care of.

PS - SAW THE EON AND DROVE IT

Last edited by vkochar : 11th October 2011 at 17:02.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:12   #139
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -65,555 kms Update

75000 Km's Service -

Just got a quick service done at 75000 km's.

Oil Change 1450 rs
Oil & Air Filter - 700 rs
Brake Shoe rear - 850 rs
Alignment Balancing - 500 rs

3500 rs total paid.

Car still drives like a breeze and gives me 12 - 14 kpl. This car never ceases to amaze me.
Old 14th February 2012, 22:11   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
75000 Km's Service -

Just got a quick service done at 75000 km's.

Oil Change 1450 rs
Oil & Air Filter - 700 rs
Brake Shoe rear - 850 rs
Alignment Balancing - 500 rs

3500 rs total paid.

Car still drives like a breeze and gives me 12 - 14 kpl. This car never ceases to amaze me.
Varun,

Where do you get the service done ? HASS ?
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 07:05   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He told me to keep quite as he will get me some benefit.

Story is - guys who come in and do the 1st, 2nd and 3rd free service are recommended to change the fuel filters BUT these guys do not and instead hide these parts. So for a common man its done.

Went for a TD outside and tipped te guy 500 rs.

Everyone is happy

Very sorry to say that I felt sad and hurt reading this. Is this the state of affairs with car service in our country? How sure were you that a man like him has replaced you with a new part? It is good to bring out such scams to the public, but at the very least, you could have denounced his act of fraud in the post.

Oh my god! I just pray that I get replaced with original parts. Is there any way that we can ensure this?

Last edited by thoma : 15th February 2012 at 07:34.
thoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2012, 07:50   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Varun,

Where do you get the service done ? HASS ?
Autopsyche Gurgaon - Very Nice and extremely Happy. And then he is a friend too

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Very sorry to say that I felt sad and hurt reading this. Is this the state of affairs with car service in our country? How sure were you that a man like him has replaced you with a new part? It is good to bring out such scams to the public, but at the very least, you could have denounced his act of fraud in the post.

Oh my god! I just pray that I get replaced with original parts. Is there any way that we can ensure this?
Most A.S.Service centres are rogue and the only way you can ensure everything is going accordingly is if you stand on their heads all the time that your car is getting serviced - a lot of centres don't allow that and you have to wait in the visitors lounge whilst your car gets serviced. So its a tough one.

How sure I was he changed my part you ask - He did it in front of me - so 100% sure. It was a new fuel filter. Remember companies ask you to bring the car in first service at 1000 kms and then 2nd at 10000 - many times customers bring in their second car service at 5000 ( nothing has happened to the fuel filters for at least 20000 ) so they bill it but dont change it and there is no real way of checking until you stand on their head all the time OR are really into cars.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:43   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Autopsyche Gurgaon - Very Nice and extremely Happy. And then he is a friend too
read the entire thread 75,000 kilometers of smiles!

I am myself sick of Hyundai. Are you getting Hyundai original filters/pads or using 3rd party ones at Autopsyche? I am planning to get my servicing done at one of the FNG this time. Oil Changes, Brake Fluids, Pads, Alignment. HMP Mathura first has low availability, then scratches bangs cars (my own experience) and then doesn't replace parts and claims so. That's a company owned service center! ugh!

rated the thread 5 stars!

Last edited by barcode : 4th May 2012 at 16:45.
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 08:34   #144
Senior - BHPian

Completed 80000 km's and this is the only car in our family ever to do such high mileage. We usually sell it once it is 40 - 50k BUT this car I do not see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Also I am on the lookout for a 3rd car - 5-10Lacs and a new Verna base variant costs north of 10 lacs !!! I bought this beauty less than 8 lacs.

I sat in a Etios the other day which costs 8 lacs and tha car was no where near the finesse of my verna - plastics, driving, nvh levels, everything is cost cutting these days. The only cars that offer that is the Cruze, Laura but we are talking close to 13 - 14 lacs then and even more. Sadly what they gave in the vernas of the previous year is no longer available.

I plan to do a few things now -

Get a complete change of fluids.

Brake pads change.

New tyres - thinking of 195, car came stock with 175, then changed to yokos 185 and now I think I will get some nice Lenso alloys shod with 195's.

Need to get the rear bumper repainted as its got a lot of scratches now so that needs to be looked into.

I noticed a small rusting area near the mudflap of the rear left side. I have to get that looked into.

Anything else you guys recommend me doing now since I am going to be nearing the 100000 mark in a few months. I drive 80 - 100 kms a day.

@ Barcode - Buddy get the car serviced at Autopsyche or any other service station you know. They will get Hyundai original parts. I stopped going to Hyundai and whenever I do it will be for 1 or 2 jobs alone. This way they never trick me.

HMP is a madhouse. You need to book and waiting with a few hundred i10's and Eons is frustrating.

Will post a few pics now once I get the new shoes and alloys hopefully.

Last edited by vkochar : 6th May 2012 at 08:35.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 13:16   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 80000 km's and this is the only car in our family ever to do such high mileage. We usually sell it once it is 40 - 50k BUT this car I do not see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Congratulations buddy on crossing the 80K kms milestone & thanks for sharing this update. Selling @ 40-50 K means you are not utilizing your cars even half of their useful life.

Quote:
Also I am on the lookout for a 3rd car - 5-10Lacs and a new Verna base variant costs north of 10 lacs !!! I bought this beauty less than 8 lacs.
Why don't you go for the i20 or even the newly launched Ertiga should fit your bill.

Quote:
I sat in a Etios the other day which costs 8 lacs and tha car was no where near the finesse of my verna - plastics, driving, nvh levels, everything is cost cutting these days.
Toyota went out of their way in making the Etios twins very cost effective, but then did it too much making the cost cutting very obvious.

Quote:
Anything else you guys recommend me doing now since I am going to be nearing the 100000 mark in a few months. I drive 80 - 100 kms a day.
Couple of things which I got done on my car when it had done similar running.

1. Did the engine flushing @ 70K kms
2. Did the radiator flushing @ 80K kms
3. Timing belt change @ 100K kms &
4. Clutch change @ 110K kms

Out of the above only timing belt change was as per the schedule, rest all were done more of a preventive maintenance.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 12:38   #146
BHPian

Default Strange vibration in my Verna CRDI

Hi folks,
Have a query regarding my Verna posted on another thread (see link) , opinions/advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2779827
SantoshPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 14:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

Default New Battery & Horn Installed

On Saturday went for an evening workout to GOLD's and when I came out at 9 PM the car did not start - it just gave a clicking noise and the central locking and lights were not working properly so I guessed it was the battery.

Called a friend who called the BOSCH service station which is a km away and they despite of having closed at 8 sent 2 boys on amotorcycle who were on the way back home. They opened the bonnet and fiddled for a minute and said the battery was the culprit.

The car was parked on a ramp so all they did was pushed the car below and the car started instantly and advised me to go straight home as the car may not restart and pushing a verna is not the easiest job since it is a heavy vehicle.

On sunday morning the car would not start at all and even the central locking did not work. everyone was closed so could not get the battery changed.

Now the problem is the Verna has a unique battery size. Amaron does not make I checked. Exide costed a whopping 9100 rupees on checking on the internet site !!!

BOSCH - I called them this morning and they sent a new battery to my house BUT unfortunately it did not fit ( that was 7500 rupees ). they started the car and told me to go to BOSCH which is about 10 km's from my house and is on my regular route to work.

On going there the closest size match was a model 65L. It shared the same amp 65. BUT this battery was about 2-3 cm's longer - its not a problem since the stock battery was placed and there is room for variation in the battery slot. It means you CAN buy different sizes and it still fits.

SURPRISE - this battery costs 5400 rupees minus 1000 rupees for the old battery so it cost me 4400 RUPEES for a BRAND NEW BATTERY.

Also got a nice loud horn replaced from BOSCH - the same kind used in Skodas. Cost me 550.

TOTAL DAMAGE - 4950.

BOSCH ROCKS
Old 21st May 2012, 15:54   #148
Senior - BHPian

How many years of guarantee warranty does Bosch battery is provided with?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 16:24   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
All bosch batteries come with 18 months warranty.
F150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -80,000 kms Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
18 months.

Tyres need to be changed soon. I am thinking of getting 195/60/15 with 15'' alloys now.

Any suggestions ? I am inclined towards Yokohamas.

HRS alloys - any design ideas please ?