Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th March 2013, 09:35   #166
Thumbs up Re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -80,000 kms Update

Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
No Prajesh - not done that yet !! Please highlight me on the importance of these as in when I should get it done and how much should it cost and what are the signs I should be looking at for getting this done. Thanks.
@Vkochar Congrats on crossing the 1 Lakh mark. WR looks to be in good shape.I just came across your query, AFAIK Verna CRDI uses a Belt driven timing system not chain. The user manual suggests that it be replaced around 60K Kms. Did you get it looked at for any wear and tear? Also how are clutch and rest of the drivetrain holding up?

Last edited by Maverick_x1 : 19th March 2013 at 09:36. Reason: more queries
Maverick_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 12:41   #167
Senior - BHPian
Default SOLD at 107000 KM'S

I finally bid goodbye to this fantastic car.

All good things come to an end and it was time now for me to change my car.

It's one of the best cars money could buy and can still buy if one is in the market looking for a second hand car.

I brought this car for an OTR Price back in 2008 for 7.6 lacs. I spent not more than 50,000 rupees in maintenance over 5 years. I changed 2 set of tyres - the latest ones being Yoko DB with HR Alloys. They still have over half their life felt.

I got paid 4 lacs for this. That more than half the amount for a car that is 5 years old and done over a lac km's. Thats Hyundai.

There was a rust problem that had started at the bottom of the car.

Overall I am very satisfied with the car. It was with a heavy heart that I sold this.

I have replaced the Verna with a New Verna ( SX ). I still miss the punch and extremely addictive torque and push back feel which lacks in the new car. However the equipment laden new verna is fantastic comfort wise. more on that in a new thread.

I am open to any questions if anyone has any regarding the older verna.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 12:47   #168
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS -80,000 kms Update

Oh dear, that's sad to know. Yours, (and of course mine ) was one of the old Verna threads that used to be continuously updated, and I looked forward to reading your experiences. No matter, soldier on with the new Verna!

My car is now at 71K kms, and I've not spent more than 50K over the last 5 years either. No plans to sell it as of now.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote