Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd June 2008, 15:13   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
hey how good is a CAI against the stock replacement? i know the CAI i gonna have that roar and much better filtering and more air, but then how good is a stock replacement?

you see i already have a conical RE-0950 on my accent viva CRDi RED too! but then getting the engine bay washed every once in a while is a little difficult task, so was kind of looking forward to getting the green cotton stock replacement that is available so guys please give your views!

EDIT: forgot to add, i have been using this filter for the past 35000kms and i am loving the roar, and the accelerator is real smooth with this than with the stock its just awesome, so i wanted to know how much difference it would make with the stock replacement before i make my kill!
Raj, I am not an expert on air filters but the difference is certainly much much more to be experienced with CAI rather than just going for a stock replacement filter.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 16:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Avi, awesome car, awesome report..... I have always said that yours is the best maintained Accent I have ever seen. Given the fact that it is Red in color males this all the more commendable.

Time for another meet, so that we can experiece the peted babe!!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 16:32   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi, awesome car, awesome report..... I have always said that yours is the best maintained Accent I have ever seen. Given the fact that it is Red in color males this all the more commendable.

Time for another meet, so that we can experiece the peted babe!!
@Himanshu, Thanks for your kind words

You know me, i am always ready for a meet. Just waiting for someone to initiate this time around.
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:16   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

6K is right for the green wind. its not a difficult install. IMO its best you wait for a few weeks , just so that you get the kick again when the performance goes up a little after the install.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Himanshu, Thanks for your kind words

You know me, i am always ready for a meet. Just waiting for someone to initiate this time around.
okay okay okay. wait till tomorrow, i have to upload few pics to give an idea about the proposed place for the meet. Also I have to put up a Plan and Agenda.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 01:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

raj i cant wait man and this time i have a plan that we all can probably follow to ensure maximum number of people to attend.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 11:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
okay okay okay. wait till tomorrow, i have to upload few pics to give an idea about the proposed place for the meet. Also I have to put up a Plan and Agenda.
It's already here. Where are the pictures of the proposed place?
Old 24th June 2008, 11:50   #38
BHPian

Good to hear of another peterified car. Congrats! Good review with great photos as well.
lediablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 12:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

KK, tomorrow is today. where is the plan. your bulb is green. Computer gone bust??
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 11:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
raj i cant wait man and this time i have a plan that we all can probably follow to ensure maximum number of people to attend.
Quote:
It's already here. Where are the pictures of the proposed place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
KK, tomorrow is today. where is the plan. your bulb is green. Computer gone bust??
here it is:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...d-r-i-v-e.html

Note from the meet staff:
further discussions will happen in the specified meet thread only!!!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 25th June 2008 at 11:10.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 14:04   #41
BHPian

Hey Avi, congrats on the new addition to your car. Must also appreciate you for the nice review and lovely pictures.

There are a few things though which we should probably discuss during the next meet, do remind me then.

For now, go ahead and have fun and hey do move on and do the upgrade on the air intake and boss if you are gonna drive the way you usually do , trust me and get the tyre upgrade now.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 14:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Hey Avi, congrats on the new addition to your car. Must also appreciate you for the nice review and lovely pictures.

There are a few things though which we should probably discuss during the next meet, do remind me then.

For now, go ahead and have fun and hey do move on and do the upgrade on the air intake and boss if you are gonna drive the way you usually do , trust me and get the tyre upgrade now.
dont worry the tyres are like only 25k kms old and i am sure he is going to keep them for another 10k kms atleast right mobike008?
Old 25th June 2008, 15:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Well really enjoyed reading your Accent CRDI review especially your take on Pete's box. Something for me to ponder once my Accent GLE gets on with age and hopefully the bug catches up with me as well to implant Pete's box.

Nice accompanying pics and wine and all! The car has served you well.Good show! Hope you are enjoying the music. The rear speaker placement in your car made me curious.Could you please describe..

Cheers
Ash
you could try tri-phase module for your petrol accent. search for it on team-bhp.
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2008, 18:05   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post

Thanks buddy. Your absolutely right, the way i drive, i need better rubber. But, i want to wait for another 10K kms as Yash mentioned and then change to some lovely, fatter, performance rubber with those drool V shape pattern. But, that means lot of moolah as i need to change my alloys too because i won't settle for anything less than 14"

And, yes planning to get the CAI done shortly
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 05:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Your absolutely right, the way i drive, i need better rubber. But, i want to wait for another 10K kms as Yash mentioned and then change to some lovely, fatter, performance rubber with those drool V shape pattern. But, that means lot of moolah as i need to change my alloys too because i won't settle for anything less than 14"

And, yes planning to get the CAI done shortly
if you are looking for a real nice and more precise handling why not get the 15" @ 50 profile, you will just love it trust me on that!