Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th June 2008, 15:53   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Hi,

Why were the engine mounts and shaft assy changed so soon? Even though i see that they were changed under warranty
Most of them in teambhp recommended to change the shafts to remove some of the stalling & vibration problems,so I asked the dealer to change them. Though there is no major problem the vehicle has become smoother.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 16:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

I just got a call from Vipul motors to complete the feedback form I received from Maruti a week back. And I think they take that feedback very seriously and I can feel that from the way this lady was talking.

I told her that I have problem with pickup from idle and car dies at some times and I will fill the feedback after this problem is resolved.

She immediately assigned a service adviser for my car and requested to bring the car.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 17:21   #18
BHPian

The feedback is so important for them as they ask to rate 10 in the form if we receive. If we say that the problem was not sorted out in the service they immediately assign a person to sort out. In the feedback when the lady called me I told that the water wash was not done properly at the 3rd service, she told that she will arrange for a water wash to be done at my home and they came in next 2 days. The water wash was done excellent and I told them to do the same thing when the car was given at the workshop.
That's why Maruti is on No. 1
Old 27th June 2008, 17:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Thanks, a good report. I had a question for you. Is the rear middle seat worse in the Zxi with leather option? I noticed that in the showroom vehicle I saw.

Well my car is an SX4 Zxi with the Leather Option and i don't think the shape of the rear seat (center armrest) is any different from the one which comes in the standard Zxi.

I for once don't feel its as bad as its made out to be. In my case the rear bench is mostly occupied by my dad or my grandparents and there have been times i've deliberately asked dad to sit in the center of the rear seat while the car is in motion to check if its uncomfortable. I mean for sure, it protrudes a bit more (compared to other cars with a rear arm-rest) and doesn't feel the same like when u sit on either sides of the rear seats but then it isn't as bad as it is mad out to be. I earlier had an esteem vxi which also had a rear arm-rest and that also used to protrude much the same way!

Coming back to the question, i've sat in the rear seat of a standard Sx4 Zxi and i found the shape of the rear seat exactly the same as in my car.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 27th June 2008 at 17:57.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008, 19:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Well my car is an SX4 Zxi with the Leather Option and i don't think the shape of the rear seat (center armrest) is any different from the one which comes in the standard Zxi.
That is nice to hear. Personally, I am rather enamoured with the looks of the SX4. I think it looks great but some of the negatives around the cheaper plastics, interiors, NVH etc put me off. One issue which has been magnified has been that of the rear middle seat and it is good to get the actual feedback from the users.
sridharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 09:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
The engine oil was alone replaced with 4.3 ltrs for Rs. 730, no supplement was added. Since it does not yield any performance or mileage and only for the engine life I decided not to go for that now.
Thanks for sharing the bill so quickly ...do you carry scanner or it was a snap of bill taken with digital/mobile camera ?

Anyway...let me tell you that after 3rd servicing, I'm feeling that my SX4 got a new life...performance has improved a lot and also getting little more mileage of around 12-13 km/lt. I'm not sure though if improvement is because of B5W30 engine oil and supplement etc or it is same for all SX4 after 10K but now I'm enjoying ride even more with my SX4 in city roads as well.

Regarding middle seat arm rest, it is really not a issue, lot of time we traveled with 3 (even 4 sometimes) members in the back seat quite comfortably. BTW, I have Stanley leather (genuine on seating(touching) side and art on back side of all four seats) seat covers.
SX4_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
Thanks for sharing the bill so quickly ...do you carry scanner or it was a snap of bill taken with digital/mobile camera ?
It was the digital camera which I took a copy of the bill initially. I just shared the photo from the hard disk.
Old 1st July 2008, 01:56   #23
BHPian

OT : Sometime back there was a person from some marketing agency ( AC Nielsen I think ) at my doorstep. He asked me various questions abt the ownership and how satisfied I was.
There were a couple of phone calls asking me to confirm if this person had come at all which I confirmed.
Today, I get a package that had this.

edit: I know the pic is not too clear. Its a nice bag , good enough for a 2 day trip
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 2007 ZXI 20000 km report-dsc00245.jpg  

Last edited by neoranjit : 1st July 2008 at 01:58.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 13:18   #24
BHPian

Actually this is a gift to every SX4 owner. 1 month back I received a letter with a lucky number specified. I called the toll free number and registered. Yesterday I got the same bag from Maruti.
Old 1st July 2008, 13:28   #25
BHPian

can we merge all the SX4 thread in one thread.I mean start a new thread and close all the thread.
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2008, 16:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
can we merge all the SX4 thread in one thread.I mean start a new thread and close all the thread.
I think we should not, specially not for running reports and long term reports. All these reports are individual specific and car/model/year specific.

Infact I am about to start running report thread for my SX4

We can do that for TD's etc.
Old 7th July 2008, 17:14   #27
BHPian

I have My SX4 done 3500 Km only.
I went to get third Service for my car from motorcraft noida.
It was running very smooth before that. But after third service i feel engine is making noise and feels like it is pushing really hard.
When i checked the bill got noticed that they have changed the engine oil to Mobil 5w-30 a synthetic oil without asking me.
Is this OK. As i learnt from this forum that it should be done after 10000Km if necessary.
You opinion pls.
Old 7th July 2008, 18:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It was running very smooth before that. But after third service i feel engine is making noise and feels like it is pushing really hard.
When i checked the bill got noticed that they have changed the engine oil to Mobil 5w-30 a synthetic oil without asking me.
Is this OK. As i learnt from this forum that it should be done after 10000Km if necessary.
You opinion pls.
Yes, the synthetic oil should be changed only after 10k km. The synthetic oil is very costly, it should come around 3500 for 4 litres, how much did you pay for the oil. They should normally use non-synthetic for the oil change.
Old 7th July 2008, 21:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You opinion pls.
3rd service in 3500km, you mean to say this what its driven in one year.
Old 8th July 2008, 09:02   #30
BHPian

Yes you are right.It has done just 3500 Km in one year and they have changed the oil to Mobil 5W-30.Which i thing is a synthetic oil.They charged me around 1500 for 4.5 litres.
But changing the oil the drive become very harsh.Any clue on That.