Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th July 2008, 10:58   #31
BHPian

mobil 5w oil, 4.5 liters for just 1500!in my opinion you verify this. secondly synthetic oils are better used once you have properly run-in your car;say about 5000kms. or so,as there is going to be less friction between the mechanical parts.
samrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 11:06   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
Yes you are right.It has done just 3500 Km in one year and they have changed the oil to Mobil 5W-30.Which i thing is a synthetic oil.They charged me around 1500 for 4.5 litres.
But changing the oil the drive become very harsh.Any clue on That.
Are you sure if it wasnt a billing mistake? As in the grade mentioned in the bill?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2008, 11:23   #33
BHPian

No i am not making any mistake.I paid round 1800 for my third service which include 4.5 litres of Mobil 5W-30 ,Oil filter and Wheel Alignment.
I again spoke to Motorcraft guys anf they said that this is a semi synthetic oil is recommended by maruti and sourced by some japanese company.
But i see the engine really working hard.It was butter smooth before changing the engine oil
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 12:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

The MSIL recommended oil for the SX4 is ideimitsu and not mobil. I am forgetting the grade for the same. It costs approx Rs 275 /lit and Mororcraft uses it .
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 22:18   #35
BHPian

Better you complain about the roughness of the car and ask them to change it to normal oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
No i am not making any mistake.I paid round 1800 for my third service which include 4.5 litres of Mobil 5W-30 ,Oil filter and Wheel Alignment.
I again spoke to Motorcraft guys anf they said that this is a semi synthetic oil is recommended by maruti and sourced by some japanese company.
But i see the engine really working hard.It was butter smooth before changing the engine oil
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 22:02   #36
BHPian

I have completed 20000 km and got back my car today after servicing.

I don't have any complaints except some minor rattlings which was not annoying, however I want to get rid of that. Rattlings have been fixed and the car SMILES like a new one.

The service cost came to Rs. 4900/- which includes all the oil replacements & wheel alignments. I didn't change the coolant during the service as I recently changed it.

Trips done:
Trips done from Chennai
2 trips to Yelagiri
1 trip to Bangalore
2 trips to Vellore
3 trips to Pondichery
Enjoyed driving on the highway in this beast.

Challenges:
Cannot avoid scratches & dents in city driving. Had couple of dents and lot of scractches. Will do a full body work when dents grow more.

Got 2 punctures on the same tyre and once one of the tyre burst hitting a sharp stone on highway driving, so using it only for emergency.
Old 5th May 2009, 02:41   #37
BHPian

Last week , I serviced my car for 20K kms and paid around 5200 for all that gopinathann mentioned including the coolant.

Never before did I have such a horrible experience with Maruti Service Masters . The guy over there, said he had water washed my car even without doing it. Had to get it done and wait for 2+ hrs.

Last edited by neoranjit : 5th May 2009 at 02:42.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 11:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Last week , I serviced my car for 20K kms and paid around 5200 for all that gopinathann mentioned including the coolant.

Never before did I have such a horrible experience with Maruti Service Masters . The guy over there, said he had water washed my car even without doing it. Had to get it done and wait for 2+ hrs.
Yes it happenned to me once during the second service, I raised a complaint and then they came to my house and cleaned the car.

Request the Mods to update this thread to 20000 km update.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have completed 20000 km and got back my car today after servicing.

The service cost came to Rs. 4900/- which includes all the oil replacements & wheel alignments. I didn't change the coolant during the service as I recently changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post

The details would be of interest to many.

Please post the details when you have the time.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 14:24   #40
BHPian

The modifications Paint on alloys, body kit looks awesome.

What is the price of MGA body kit & OVRM indicators?
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 16:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
The modifications Paint on alloys, body kit looks awesome.

What is the price of MGA body kit & OVRM indicators?
Body kit 20K, ORVM Indicators 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Guys,

The details would be of interest to many.

Please post the details when you have the time.

spark plug - 444.44
filter assy, oil - 154.67
balance wt 120gms - 175.70
brake fluid -275.56
grease satchet, FR caliper sliding - 23.18
screen wash - 11.84
engine oil - 974.68
gear oil - 866.68

paid service - 675
caliper pin greasing - 135
wheel alignment - 250
wheel balancing - 500
Old 5th May 2009, 16:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Body kit 20K, ORVM Indicators 750
gopi, but those are not MGA ORVM indicator, right?. Vipul motor has still not received those MGA ones, saying that they yet not out in market.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 19:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
balance wt 120gms - 175.70
wheel balancing - 500
Expensive service! You have been charged 500 for wheel balncing plus weights. That must be the highest charge that I have seen.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 12:02   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
gopi, but those are not MGA ORVM indicator, right?. Vipul motor has still not received those MGA ones, saying that they yet not out in market.
those indicators are bought from ebay long ago. I am looking for MGA exhaust tip, till now the dealers have not received it.
Old 8th May 2009, 19:21   #45
BHPian

Got my car from my 20,000 KMs service last week. MSM, Chennai.I had also given for insurance renewal at the same time, for which they discounted the wheel alignment and balancing cost.

Minus all that (which could've been 800, I'm told), the total bill was Rs. 3,800. I was told the 20K service would cost 5000 bucks, but it turned out to be a little cheaper [and well within expectations].

Plus points of service: Service is good, they keep following up with you, and it's cheap.
Minus points: Man, those service guys really soil the beige interiors. Maybe I should get a dark seat next time [would go well with the silver exterior]. The seats have a lot of greasy patches.. and you know it's from their soiled hands. :(

The last rattle I had was somewhere around 10K Kms when I gave it for a service and it was taken care of. After that, there's been no real trouble with the car, nor any rattle etc [I do get paranoic at times, but it seems non-extant the next day].

In all, pretty satisfied the car overall, and it's lived to the Maruti's reputation of being trouble-free and being cheap on the pocket. And I've been recommending it to others [My boss got one recently].

Last edited by spetnaz : 8th May 2009 at 19:22.
spetnaz is offline   Reply With Quote