Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th May 2009, 21:18   #46
BHPian

@spetnaz : share the same views. I did my 20K service last week and have had no issues with the car either. Its the folks at MSM that seem to be more irritating.
Ditto with the rattling . I haven't seen much of it in my car either. No matter what they say, I think the SX4 is indeed selling well and am happy to see many cars on the road.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 10:30   #47
BHPian

Default 3rd free service

Guys,
I am going to do 3rd free service sometime next week. Other than what is mentioned in the booklet, is there any suggestions for things to do during this service that may improve the SX4 performance?
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 11:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Guys,
I am going to do 3rd free service sometime next week. Other than what is mentioned in the booklet, is there any suggestions for things to do during this service that may improve the SX4 performance?
Regards,
Sarin
Depends on the condition of the car. Are you facing any problems? If so, mention those clearly. In the absence of any real issues (like my case) I think there isn't anything to mention explicitly.

DO MENTION that you are very particular about neatness and you really don't want your interiors to be soiled by the dirty hands of those service guys. And also enquire about wheel balancing and alignment costs. I think it costs about 800-1000 Rs. whereabouts, and I'm not sure if there's any real reason to do it every 10000 Kms. [Can someone confirm - is it necessary to get this done every 10000 KMs, particularly if don't have any problems such as car drifting to one side etc?].

A general question - Has anybody given the car for seat cleaning alone? How much does it cost, and is it worth it?
spetnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 11:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
@spetnaz : share the same views. I did my 20K service last week and have had no issues with the car either. Its the folks at MSM that seem to be more irritating.
Ditto with the rattling . I haven't seen much of it in my car either. No matter what they say, I think the SX4 is indeed selling well and am happy to see many cars on the road.
I saw this in a Corolla thread, and pretty much felt the same. There seems to be no perceptible difference in the car pre and post service. It could either be positive (the car has been very good, and I've maintained it top notch ) or that the service has been moderate/average. Most service has been around replacing all sorts of oil..

What do others feel? Do you feel any perceptible difference pre and post service?
Old 10th May 2009, 11:59   #50
BHPian

Default SX4 10000Km Service Done!!

Got back my SX4 after the 10000 km service. Following my complaint regarding vibration during stop go traffic the Drive Shafts were replaced. This seems to be a common problem with earlier SX4's. Mine is a 07 VXi.
The car feels very smooth after the service. The engine feels smooth and revs happily to 5-5.5k rpms.
Overall getting 13-14 KMPL with 100% A/C.

Gopi I am considering upgrading the front head lamps. Which do you advice. I prefer not to mess with the wiring of the car.
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 13:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
guys. And also enquire about wheel balancing and alignment costs. I think it costs about 800-1000 Rs. whereabouts, and I'm not sure if there's any real reason to do it every 10000 Kms. [Can someone confirm - is it necessary to get this done every 10000 KMs, particularly if don't have any problems such as car drifting to one side etc?].
Entirely depends on the road that you travel. If you are on very good roads, you may get away without alignment / balancing for longer periods.

But 10000kms is a reasonable distance to get your alignment checked. But this can be done at a good tyre shop other than the dealer / authorised service centre at cheaper costs. Typically alignment will be about 250 to 300. Balancing would be typically about 50 per wheel plus weights. The sticking type of weights for alloys might be pricier than normal weights.

You can get away with balancing only the front tyres and balance the others as and when they are shifted to the front.

Keep a good watch on your front tyres. If you think there is uneven wear, check alignment immediately. Alignment is a must if any front suspesion work is done. Ask for printed reports of alignment for records.

If you have a puncture, especially in the front, do a balancing of that tyre before fitting it back after repairs.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 06:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Depends on the condition of the car. Are you facing any problems? If so, mention those clearly. In the absence of any real issues (like my case) I think there isn't anything to mention explicitly.

DO MENTION that you are very particular about neatness and you really don't want your interiors to be soiled by the dirty hands of those service guys. And also enquire about wheel balancing and alignment costs. I think it costs about 800-1000 Rs. whereabouts, and I'm not sure if there's any real reason to do it every 10000 Kms. [Can someone confirm - is it necessary to get this done every 10000 KMs, particularly if don't have any problems such as car drifting to one side etc?].

A general question - Has anybody given the car for seat cleaning alone? How much does it cost, and is it worth it?
Thanks Spetnaz. I don't have any specific problem. I will ask those guys reagrding the wheel alignment.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 11:33   #53
BHPian

My SX4's service is due in may for Fourth Paid Service. But it has done just 6300 KM in two years.Is it necessary for me to go through all the service routines manadatory for fourth service or can i skip some of the things to save cost.

spark plug - 444.44
filter assy, oil - 154.67
balance wt 120gms - 175.70
brake fluid -275.56
grease satchet, FR caliper sliding - 23.18
screen wash - 11.84
engine oil - 974.68
gear oil - 866.68

paid service - 675
caliper pin greasing - 135
wheel alignment - 250
wheel balancing - 500[/quote]
amitbjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitbjha View Post
My SX4's service is due in may for Fourth Paid Service. But it has done just 6300 KM in two years.Is it necessary for me to go through all the service routines manadatory for fourth service or can i skip some of the things to save cost.

spark plug - 444.44
filter assy, oil - 154.67
balance wt 120gms - 175.70
brake fluid -275.56
grease satchet, FR caliper sliding - 23.18
screen wash - 11.84
engine oil - 974.68
gear oil - 866.68

paid service - 675
caliper pin greasing - 135
wheel alignment - 250
wheel balancing - 500
[/quote]

I presume it's going to be a paid service. If I were you - I'd wait for completing 10,000 Kms.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Got back my SX4 after the 10000 km service. Following my complaint regarding vibration during stop go traffic the Drive Shafts were replaced. This seems to be a common problem with earlier SX4's. Mine is a 07 VXi.
The car feels very smooth after the service. The engine feels smooth and revs happily to 5-5.5k rpms.
Overall getting 13-14 KMPL with 100% A/C.

Gopi I am considering upgrading the front head lamps. Which do you advice. I prefer not to mess with the wiring of the car.
I initially went for Philips crystal vision but not happy, then changed to Narva 100/90 and satisfied now. Make sure you get a good relay for it.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 13:07   #56
BHPian

Hi,

I also completed 20k and got the car serviced. My cost was Rs 6800. Yes I got the coolant changed and also got the upholstery cleaned (Cost Rs 600). But the same looks awesome and absolutely clean. Real good job. Spark plugs also got changed

Some minor problems that I reported:

1. Horn wasnt sounding ok. Got the same tuned
2. Front driver window was loose and rattled in bumpy roads. Got the same sorted

Other than these no problems. Am absolutely enjoying with the 2 recent trips to Ooty and Coorg testing the car to the core

I also checked about the new rear head rests. They said it costs Rs 600 each and will take a week to get. I have dropped the plans of replacing them as of now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I have completed 20000 km and got back my car today after servicing.

I don't have any complaints except some minor rattlings which was not annoying, however I want to get rid of that. Rattlings have been fixed and the car SMILES like a new one.

The service cost came to Rs. 4900/- which includes all the oil replacements & wheel alignments. I didn't change the coolant during the service as I recently changed it.

Trips done:
Trips done from Chennai
2 trips to Yelagiri
1 trip to Bangalore
2 trips to Vellore
3 trips to Pondichery
Enjoyed driving on the highway in this beast.

Challenges:
Cannot avoid scratches & dents in city driving. Had couple of dents and lot of scractches. Will do a full body work when dents grow more.

Got 2 punctures on the same tyre and once one of the tyre burst hitting a sharp stone on highway driving, so using it only for emergency.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 00:38   #57
BHPian

suresh kishore, did your car get vibrations with or without the a/c ?
M124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 00:42   #58
BHPian

yesterday, i had gone to M.A.S.S spectra malad to inquire about shaft and engine mount replacement. the SA told me that a small amont of vibration is common in all sx4.
we also took a short drive in another sx4. that car was vibrating more than my car. both the cars are manufactured in 2007. SA told me that changing the shafts and engine mountings won't help much .
what should i do ?
Old 19th May 2009, 14:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
yesterday, i had gone to M.A.S.S spectra malad to inquire about shaft and engine mount replacement. the SA told me that a small amont of vibration is common in all sx4.
we also took a short drive in another sx4. that car was vibrating more than my car. both the cars are manufactured in 2007. SA told me that changing the shafts and engine mountings won't help much .
what should i do ?
M124,

What type of vibrations are you encountering? Does it vibrate at all engine speeds or at specific RPMs? My car has small vibrations in bumber to bumper traffic when the RPM is really low. Oherwise the SX4 is not really as silent or vibefree as the City.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 23:17   #60
BHPian

rajneesh,
vibrations are felt only in 1st and 2nd gears at low rpms and sometimes while reversing on an incline road.if while vibrating if i dont pump the accelerator , the car stalls.