Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th May 2009, 09:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

M124,
Well that is due to the low , bottom end torque of the engine. I face the same issue especially while reversing. The trick is to be in the correct gear ( 1st gear at low speed) and have the right amount of pressure on the accelatator pedal. This reduces the problem to some extent.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 18:58   #62
BHPian

I have a question regarding ABS. When I brake hard I could hear a screeching sound and then ABS comes into action and I hear the pulsating sound of ABS. My question is that why should the tyres screech even though ABS works. The tyre threads are god. Have anyone of you felt this in your car ?
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 19:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

I tested it 2 months back after the repair work. No screeching sound or tyre marks on road. But I could not really feel pulsating feeling, nor does ABS light came on
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 10:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

The tyres screech at the edge of grip. ABS releases the brakes only when the tyre is on the verge of locking up.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 10:54   #65
BHPian

Hi guys,
Even I've had a slight problem with the brakes of my Sx4. The pads were changed at 20,000 kms when it went for servicing to Service Masters. Recently, the brakes were shuddering and squeaking alot so I sent it to my regular mechanic to get it checked out. He replaced the pads saying they needed to be changed. This when the car has done 34,000kms!! The squeaking still remains, and I have no idea how to get it sorted. Also, 2 brake pad changes in 34,000kms? Doesnt that seem rather excessive??
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 12:08   #66
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Also, 2 brake pad changes in 34,000kms? Doesnt that seem rather excessive??
Two sets of brake pads worn at 34,000 kms is definitely very excessive. Are they using genuine pads as replacements? A colleague had excessive brake pad wear on his Swift ZXi and it was brought down to spurious parts.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 13:48   #67
BHPian

First set was changed at Maruti Service Masters itself. So I'm guessing it was genuine. Strangely enough, I had sent it for servicing after that and they told me they had opened up the brakes and cleaned them. It was after this the squeaking and shuddering started. And my other mechanic, dont think he would have changed the pads for fake ones. They cost somewhere around Rs.1200. But the squeaking still continues!!
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 20:51   #68
BHPian

Due to heavy rain my silencer (black rectangle part) got small 2-3 holes and rust is formed. The dealer told to use it for some time and change the set later which costs around 5K. I believe it is not covered under warranty since it is due to corrosion.

I thought of welding that part through one of the known mechanic, but he told that it will create problem and it will make that hole bigger and asked to change the entire set. What are the other options to fix this ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:41   #69
BHPian

[quote=gopinathann;1636981]Due to heavy rain my silencer (black rectangle part) got small 2-3 holes and rust is formed. The dealer told to use it for some time and change the set later which costs around 5K. I believe it is not covered under warranty since it is due to corrosion.
quote]

Can you attach some snaps of the corroded area ??

Some time back, I had a minor corroison issue in my ANHC (the car was not even an year old then). The dealer insisted that i pay..

I stood firm and told that i will take the issue to higher-ups if they dont cover it under warranty.

I dont know what transpired after that, but ultimately the dealer did not charge me for the replacement.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:40   #70
BHPian

I could not take snap and I could see only water dropping from that portion, couldn't locate the spot exactly. I am planning to go for welding and see whether this gets resolved.
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:59   #71
BHPian

Default A two wheeler guy banged my SX4

Yesterday a two wheeler guy banged my car at the rear, at that time my car was stationary in the signal. The guy accepted that he banged the car and was ready to go to police station for filing FIR. Since there was lot of traffic I asked him to park after taking a right turn so that we do not create a traffic jam. He agreed and parked there, then after talking to him he is not ready to shell out any money and was ready to file FIR, at that time he told that FIR can be filed only at the accident spot and should not be moved. Then when I took my phone to take a picture he got away, though I noted his number.

I am not sure what FIR will do good to me. I know that I cannot extract any money from him. Share your comments on what needs to be done during these situations.

I have enclosed the picture of the dent, is it possible to fix the dent by heating it, will it work though not 100% but to an extent, otherwise need to claim insurance for the repairs.

SX4 2007 ZXI 20000 km report-imag0050.jpg
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:21   #72
BHPian

Default Re: A two wheeler guy banged my SX4

That dents is on your bumper, which is made of plastic. Heating plastic is not a good idea. You can try pushing it back, its crude but it does work (personal experience).

Also, i see that you have reverse sensors, hope none of them got damaged.

If you are going in for replacement, then you will have to buy the bumper and paint it. AFAIK, only colourless bumpers are sold in spare.
mac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:26   #73
BHPian

Am sorry about this Sir.
IMO, After letting him go, there's nothing much you can do apart from claiming the insurance.
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Forget the FIR, I'm sure the majority here is going to recommend the same. The bumper can easily be brought back to its original shape through heating it (I doubt if it can be done without heating it), got it done twice on my dad's swift just that the paint loss was there in form of 1-2mm thick and about 4-5 inch black line.

You did a good thing by not holding the traffic and moving to a different spot

I know any kind of damage to your car isn't an easy to forget thing but may be a few reads of similar threads would make you feel better.

However, the readiness of the guy on the bike to file an FIR makes me think in three directions -
1. The guy was actually honest and was ready to accept any kind of legal action against him. (may be he was that 1 in a million case )
2. He knew that you wouldn't want to get in the hassle of filing an FIR and hence presented this option to you. (most likely this is what it was)
3. He knew someone at the area's police station or elsewhere which instilled this confidence in him that he could easily deal with an FIR. (again rare but then not so rare too)

Last edited by fine69 : 2nd August 2011 at 14:31.
fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:39   #75
BHPian

Called MSM today, told they will try to repair it by heating, they said that it can be done only if the dent is small, so will give a try, otherwise will have to go for insurance.

I believe the rear bumper costs 4K + Painting 3.5K