Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd August 2011, 15:07   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: A two wheeler guy banged my SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
3. He knew someone at the area's police station or elsewhere which instilled this confidence in him that he could easily deal with an FIR. (again rare but then not so rare too)
I'm sure it is this. The confidence he had while suggesting an FIR, how he said FIR can't be lodged after moving from the site of accident and then scooting off, all signs of knowing someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Called MSM today, told they will try to repair it by heating, they said that it can be done only if the dent is small, so will give a try, otherwise will have to go for insurance.

I believe the rear bumper costs 4K + Painting 3.5K
You could try PDR from a local garage first; MASS won't be really keen on repairing it when they pocket 8k.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:09   #77
BHPian

^^
First try a neighborhood workshop. They will be able to repair it for a fraction of that cost. It won't be back to 100% of it's original look but will be enough in most cases.
If not satisfied with the result go to MASS.
Daewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:22   #78
BHPian

Default Re: SX4 2007 ZXI 20000 km report

will take your suggestions, will take it to a near by shop and see what they say.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You could try PDR from a local garage first; MASS won't be really keen on repairing it when they pocket 8k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
^^
First try a neighborhood workshop. They will be able to repair it for a fraction of that cost. It won't be back to 100% of it's original look but will be enough in most cases.
If not satisfied with the result go to MASS.
+1 to both.

The local garage shop would easily be able to heat it and bring it back to its original shape. I got the same done for my dad's swift for 150 bucks only and the dent in the bumper was twice the size when compared to your car, famous balloon bumpers of swift!

And when its 150 bucks against 8-9k I think one could live with a small black scratch on the bumper.
fine69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:40   #80
BHPian

I got an identical dent in my SX4, three days after getting delivery, from some idiot who was trying to park behind me, and disappeared. When I got back to my car no-one seemed to know who had done it.
MASS quoted 7-8k for the job. I got it done with a good local denting shop for 2k. They heated the bumper with a something like a hair dryer, and pushed on it and it popped right back. Paint touch up of the part bumper was perfectly done, one can see perhaps a faint indication it's been re-sprayed. The important thing is to get a perfect colour match.
BTW, my car has rear sensors, they were not affected at all.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:11   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I got it done with a good local denting shop for 2k. They heated the bumper with a something like a hair dryer, and pushed on it and it popped right back.
2k seems ok considering that you got it repainted as well. Local painters and denters whenever open a can of paint for someone would charge anywhere between 1.5k-2k for the paintjob alone.
As for heating, some guys just burn a piece of paper and put it beneath the bumper.
fine69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
2k seems ok considering that you got it repainted as well. Local painters and denters whenever open a can of paint for someone would charge anywhere between 1.5k-2k for the paintjob alone.
I must also confess, I supplied 100 ml of the actual colortint, which I personally got matched at DuPont. The thinners and clearcoat was from the garage itself.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:40   #83
BHPian

Today went to one local garage and asked whether he can do it, he told that he had done for the Swift but after heating there were lot of dots and then did a paint job, but he was not confident, also doing a paint job from them don't match 100%, so planning to take it to MSM as they charge nominal rates.
Old 21st September 2011, 21:39   #84
BHPian

I am having issues in the muffler where rust is formed. During idling I am getting vibrations because of iron pieces in it. The dealer says that the rust got formed because of water logging, but I don't see any reason water going into it in the rains. Already the muffler has been changed under warranty which cost 6K, but now I have to spend now. I thought instead of going for Maruti I wanted to go for stainless steel market stuffs, also change to K&N filter where I would get some performance and mileage.

Please throw some suggestions.
Old 24th September 2011, 17:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I am having issues in the muffler where rust is formed. During idling I am getting vibrations because of iron pieces in it. The dealer says that the rust got formed because of water logging, but I don't see any reason water going into it in the rains. Already the muffler has been changed under warranty which cost 6K, but now I have to spend now. I thought instead of going for Maruti I wanted to go for stainless steel market stuffs, also change to K&N filter where I would get some performance and mileage.

Please throw some suggestions.
I'm really surprised you're getting rust in the muffler, and especially after changing one already. In none of my previous cars, (which I keep for about five years and some 70,000 km) have I had to change the muffler even once. The tail-pipe, yes, that sometimes requires changing, expecially if you do very short trips and the system does not get time to heat up. Then water will condense from the exhaust, and will corrode the tail-pipe.

As for K&N, I believe for the SX-4. fitting an aftermarket filter is not really advisable because there are sensors in the airfilter box which get affected.
Old 6th October 2011, 22:28   #86
BHPian

my sx4 does some extremely low running. so had to change the muffler. quote given was 7500/- for the entire assembly by SPECTRA MASS. so got only the muffler replaced by jagrala in oshiwara mumbai . cost was 3000/-. car has no issues now regarding fuel efficiency and pick up. JAGRALA makes oem exhaust parts for various cars and trucks too. find any good mechanic to replace only the muffler only .

Last edited by M124 : 6th October 2011 at 22:29.
M124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 10:25   #87
BHPian

I am checking if I can get stainless steel muffler so that it doesn't get corroded
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
those indicators are bought from ebay long ago.
Hello Gopi,

I am looking for similar ORVMs and to date could not find any suitable ones for my 2011 SX4 Zxi. Please share the link/ exact item details you bought so I can follow the suit too. Or if this is already covered somewhere on the forum, send me the post link .
abirnale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 20:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Hello Gopi,

I am looking for similar ORVMs and to date could not find any suitable ones for my 2011 SX4 Zxi. Please share the link/ exact item details you bought so I can follow the suit too. Or if this is already covered somewhere on the forum, send me the post link .
Those LEDs work only for some time, after that the maintenance is difficult since a hole is cut in the mirror cover and taken it to the battery. Better you can go for ORVM with indicators which you can get it from Maruti.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Better you can go for ORVM with indicators which you can get it from Maruti.
But last time I enquired at a MASS, they said they don't have any such accessories and the ones that come on 2013 model won't be allowed to fit on older ones :( Do you know any specific MASS/ dealer who would do this? I am based out of Bangalore but any references that will help make this work for me are appreciated.
abirnale is online now   Reply With Quote