Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th December 2008, 05:56   #181
Senior - BHPian

So kp does your Getz Prime go beyond 190 kmph now?

Where are the alloys? Or are the wheels part of the camouflage too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Hi,

45 litres is the fuel tank capacity. But if u add up what can be held till the fuel reaches the filler cap (upto the brim, i mean), it will be greater than the official capacity.

In my Logan, though the official capacity of the fuel tank is 50lts, i remember having upto 62 litres, filled upto the brim.
You should avoid that pump. If anyone fills 12 ltrs more than official capacity in my car, I'd be asking some questions.

I've had most of my cars run nearly dry on occassion - I've NEVER ever had to fill in more fuel than the stated/official capacity.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2008, 09:06   #182
Senior - BHPian

12 litres seems a little too high. 3-5 litres is fine, but not 12.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 09:07   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If you strictly follow the schedule swift d doesnt require air filter change also, i think getz also might not require and kp was just pampering?? Oil + filter is under 1k INR.
In bangalore condition its fine but up north its very dusty and it takes a toll on the filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Only if had more stopping power (or they could have made the engine more loud to let you know what kmph you are doing )

Fastest cum quickest hatch to reach 10k at the least possible time at TBHP?
Eh! No i don't want the engine to be noisy. I like the silent killers
I guess there are many ppl who would have clocked 10k kms before me. Just in case Suman had this car then would have been nearing 15k by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
How come i had never seen your Getz CRDi on expressway? @ prajesh.

My getz is on expressway almost everyday @ 8- 10am in the morning.
Your friend is getting a good FE in city. My cousin's getz which is mostly driven in Delhi traffic gives 14kmpl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
So kp does your Getz Prime go beyond 190 kmph now?
Where are the alloys? Or are the wheels part of the camouflage too?
hehe 190 @ 4250 rpm is the top whack at the moment
My Getz is having Yokos on stock rims. Out of Vit M for alloys.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2008, 21:11   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess there are many ppl who would have clocked 10k kms before me. Just in case Suman had this car then would have been nearing 15k by now.
Me clocked only 13100 so far. If my Getz wasnt in the service centre for a month , i would have crossed 15000 too. He He.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 08:43   #185
BHPian

Hey Getz CRDi owners my friend is pissed off with the headlights, which one should be the best bulbs? also the price for the bulbs.

Hey Prajesh, at this time you can find me going to greater noida , we always drive in opp. direction on the same road.

my friend is happy with Getz CRDi as he was about to book swift vdi but i seriously asked him to go for Getz CRDi. But one thing he don't like in the car is It goes insane after 2k rpm when turbo kicks in. as he is not use to for so much power. sometimes it happens when he is trying to overtake someone just below 2k rpm and suddenly turbo kicks and he digs into his seat on the time of overtaking. he sometimes gets confused. Haha

Well..!! many of his friends owns swiift vdi. lol they found swift a toy infront of this, also my friend can see the jealous from his VDi friends with just an additional approx 50-60k price and he really enjoys this jealous. lol its not just the engine, it is the space inside and no offense swift owners also because of the rattling problem from swift. almost daily his office friends wanna drive his getz to feel the boost not many people know if getz is coming in diesel too with Verna's engine. lolz his car is becoming hot fav. in his office and relatives and one of his relative was shocked to see the car rushing faster than his civic.

Last edited by Gangsta : 29th December 2008 at 08:59.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:56   #186
BHPian

Hey KP! Sorry for being way off- topic, but
I have a query, Is the Getz, with the upgraded tires, capable of handling such power? I mean , I do own a petrol Swift & am looking to replace it with a diesel hatch. But can't decide between the Getz & the Swift.
Price difference not withstanding, who do you think i a better buy (I believe you have driven both) as I have not driven the Getz crdi as yet (couldn't find a test drive). As I am looking for a city car with great handling dynamics & maneuverability for driving in crowded & usually narrow streets.

Coz, I've driven the Getz 1.3 extensively & the experience wasn't that great, especially with that over grown Accent steering & the soft handling.
car_crazy1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:59   #187
Senior - BHPian

The Getz with the 1.5 Crdi engine is a gem to drive.
It is amazing in the straight line. Have personally done a 175 in it. ( it had enough to reach 185-190)
Handling is good if not the best and maneuverability is good too.
Handling is better than the swift (with stock tyres)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 20:34   #188
BHPian

Thank for the info Abhinav, but I have not driven the Swift (petrol) with non upgraded tires & still think the ability to carry high speeds into corners (with stability) is better than the Getz , plus the swift is fun to drive.

However, the 110 Bhp engine in the Getz sounds too good to be true.
But the fact is that I need to buy a hatchback within the next week , Is it worth the price to go in for a car model now that already is a bit long in the tooth & has been replaced internationally with a newer model (i20) ?

As I am currently getting a ready delivery on the Swift VDi (non ABS) & besides this, the whole point of buying a hatchback is to buy a fun to drive easy to maneuver car & just having a fast straight line car just doesn't cut it for me.

Hence the confusion!

That 110 bhp engine is still on my mind. can any one suggest to me where can I get a confirmed test drive for the Getz crdi in Delhi / NCR?

Kp, or can any other Getz crdi owner help?
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Car_crazy1400

Here's my comparison between Swift VDi & Getz CRDi

Engine : Getz all the way !!. Smooth linear power delivery even better than the Verna. NVH levels are just fantastic.

Handling : With good set of upgraded wheels Swift is just BRILLIANT and the getz is good as well but Swift is in a different league.
But with stock wheels Swift isn't that great and Getz is dead dangerous, suicidal i must say lol

Build Quality : I have crossed 12k kms mark and i'm yet to hear a rattle. Good for ICE as well. Rattling comes free with every purchase of Swift.

Driveability : In stop and go traffic Swift is better whereas the Getz is too eager to burn the road. Getz can just keep going till 5th gear without using the accelerator and reach 60kph. If the rpm is below 1000rpm it just keeps going in every gear n u will have to press the brake and clutch often in traffic. Can be pain at times. All depends on where u are gonna drive it. On expressway and highways u can't ask for driveability than what Getz can gives u. Effortless overtaking and relentless torque.

Braking : Stopping distance is great but the feel isn't great with a heavy front end. Ishan can tell u better about Getz braking hehe

FE & Resale : Swift is unbeatable here. Don't expect getz to give u 18kmpl. I'm happy with 14kmpl @ 190kmph
Swift will always have a better resale value than Getz but u can always expect the Getz CRDi to fetch u more than its petrol variants.

Hope the comparison helps u.

Call me crazy. Here's a video of 0-100kph dash starting off from 2nd gear.

Last edited by kpzen : 2nd January 2009 at 23:15.
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:27   #190
BHPian

Thanks KP! I guess I'll need to scout for a test drive tomorrow for the crdi. And I don't give a hoot about the mileage of the Getz being 12 or 14 kmpl. But resale value, yes it does matter.

Any idea regarding a dealer where I can get a test drive mule?

But my driving is majorly gonna be in Delhi, Noida, Faridabad via the infamous badarpur crossing. So lets see what I get by the end of next week !

Thanks again!
Cheers!cheers:
Old 3rd January 2009, 00:17   #191
BHPian

kpzen,sorry if off-topic but any idea if the getz crdi will be discontinued once the i20 diesel is launched?have the dealers told you anything to that effect?
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Hey Prajesh, at this time you can find me going to greater noida , we always drive in opp. direction on the same road.
You can also catch me in the same direction (Towards G Noida in the morning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Any idea regarding a dealer where I can get a test drive mule?
Only dealer where u can expect to see a Getz CRDi in stock would be HMP Mathura road. Test Drive would need some good contac
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
kpzen,sorry if off-topic but any idea if the getz crdi will be discontinued once the i20 diesel is launched?have the dealers told you anything to that effect?
At the moment Hyundai is mixing up everything so can't say anything.
Anyways the CRDi is only available with Hyundai company dealers (HMP) and that too demand basis.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Braking : Stopping distance is great but the feel isn't great with a heavy front end. Ishan can tell u better about Getz braking hehe
Like KP mentioned, she needs wider tyres from day one. It's not just recommended but absolutely necessary!

And braking is pretty decent though you need to test it out initially to know it's limits. But even then I would recommend upgraded brakes in the long term if you're looking to bump up the power & drive her hard.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:33   #194
Team-BHP Support

jeez kp your peteing your getz?? you better get at least 205s then.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:00   #195
BHPian

"Pssssssh thE whisTling is gonna gEt Deadlier Its really gonna be a TORQUEY Sunday Can't wait.... "

Oh Nooo
dRaGsTerrr is offline   Reply With Quote