Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st January 2009, 08:59   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Know who is more lucky? Mr.Dad of KPGetz.

Please ask him to read this thread when you are on a holiday and then to join TBHP
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 14:33   #287
Senior - BHPian

KP,
How much did you pay for petes tuning box and green cotton air filter?
Any solution for upgrading brakes?
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:17   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
KP,
How much did you pay for petes tuning box and green cotton air filter?
Any solution for upgrading brakes?
Just the questions i wanted to ask! Please release the prices, i dont think Arush would mind
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 12:01   #289
Senior - BHPian

Petes box - Rs 28000/-
Green Stock replacement filter - Rs 4200/-
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 22:35   #290
BHPian

Off Topic!!

Where is that?
Old 28th January 2009, 23:21   #291
Senior - BHPian

Default Drop in FE :Fuel problem?

CRDi gurus ! Need some inputs regarding the CRDi's sensitivity to premium diesel.

Attachment 25005

3883 is my cousin's car

Recently, my cousin did a highway trip to Chandigarh. While coming back he filled up Turbo jet from some pump on the highway and from then on the FE has dropped to around 14kmpl. The car returned with a mere average of 14kmpl for the trip. Earlier it used to give a FE of just under 15kmpl. This drop in FE has got my cousin thinking as he was expecting a better for the highway trip at least. Secondly, according to him, his car is fast but not as smooth revving as mine. Is it just a psychological feeling ??or is it due to the different kind of running in the cars have got.??
I did some ripping and checked out but there was no smoke.

My suggestion to him was to start ripping for better FE and stick to IOC normal diesel as i have done for 15k kms.
What do u guys suggest?

Last edited by kpzen : 28th January 2009 at 23:23.
Old 28th January 2009, 23:38   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Petes box - Rs 28000/-
Green Stock replacement filter - Rs 4200/-
Hope its doing 1-100; under 9sec now ?

And would you suggest this mod to others?

Last edited by jkdas : 28th January 2009 at 23:48.
Old 29th January 2009, 00:46   #293
Senior - BHPian

KP,

Recently even i filled turbojet for the first time while on a highway trip. I felt the engine to be smooth but the power delivery was not good. Some where near 2200 RPM, i felt as if there is no fuel supply to engine. Now i have decided not to use premium fuel. I dont think the drop in FE is becuase of using premium fuel. I think your cousin was trying to rip the car in the name of turbojet

I am planning for a green filter replacement filter in phase1 mod which will happen shortly. Later planning for a petes box (only after upgrading brakes). I dont know how you are managing to control the monster after installing petes box.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 09:05   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

I am planning for a green filter replacement filter in phase1 mod which will happen shortly. Later planning for a petes box (only after upgrading brakes). I dont know how you are managing to control the monster after
installing petes box.
Would suggest that you get CAI instead of replacement if you intend to get Pete's.

Unless, someone can confirm that its fine to run a car in Pete's advanced stages later on with replacement filter.
Old 29th January 2009, 09:41   #295
Senior - BHPian

CAI is not possible in Verna and Getz.
Old 29th January 2009, 09:54   #296
BHPian

kpzen its high time that you time your car for 0-100 timings and let us know. If nothing else atleast use dynolicious
ashish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 16:45   #297
BHPian

Quote:
CAI is not possible in Verna and Getz.
You can always design one yourself!
Old 29th January 2009, 16:52   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
You can always design one yourself!
Sure, but u won't find much space to play around in the engine bay. Squeezing a ICE power cable through to the battery was itself a very tedious task.
Frankly, i'm not too keen n confident on experimenting with the CRDi. IMHO Stock is always reliable.

BTW whats up with your car project?

Last edited by kpzen : 29th January 2009 at 16:55.
Old 30th January 2009, 19:40   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Squeezing a ICE power cable through to the battery was itself a very tedious task.
My God! I did'nt know its that tight in there, on second thought Verna does'nt have much space in its engine bay so what can you expect in the Getz' bay.
Quote:
Frankly, i'm not too keen n confident on experimenting with the CRDi. IMHO Stock is always reliable.

BTW whats up with your car project?
Actually there is not much you can do mechanically with CRD engines, most of the stuff available in the market are electronic upgrades and chips. Other than that, even a FFE does'nt make much of a difference. So the best bet is get a stock high powered vehicle like you have.
Hyundai deserves a big thanks from all the enthusiats for bringing out the Getz-a perfect blend of power and economy.

I have booked the black one at HMP, its just that there are a few things to be sorted out at home, because we are looking to buy a new house aswell and i have to help out Dad with it so i am stuck in a little recession of myself. Plus finance is a real pain in the wrong place, a hell lot of doccumentation is required.
Its gonna be almost 15days i have booked the car, another factor is the black color, all my mod plans(exterior) were with white and black looks good till the time its in the showroom and the way i will be using it it will be very hard to maintain the colour on top of that even small scratches will be highly visible. There is another guy who says he can get me an '09 model within a week with free insurance.....i know its hard to believe so i still have to do my research on his deal.
The biggest of all problem is the shift i am doing 3:30pm to 12:30am. I dont feel like getting up early and there are lots of pending work which i only get to do on my week offs on tuesday and wednesday, so anything which gets left out gets postponed for a week.

Another thing is i am hell bent on a diesel, even if i have to buy a second hand car again and if so it shall be an Accent CRDi but its not really saving me anything much on monthly EMIs as compared to a new Getz.

Whatever is to happen it shall happen in the next couple of weeks and i will start a new thread on the same. Lets hope for the best.
Old 30th January 2009, 21:37   #300
Senior - BHPian

Avoid the Accent Abhik, high-mileage cars usually have engine trouble after 80k kms and they usually require a full rebuild. Even Hyundai people now accept this.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote