Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 12:48   #376
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Usually I have got a call from T.A.S.S once the spare is available or he just needs to call to find out, if stock has come. No need to visit.
what i meant was tanveer has been called to the A.S.S. many times for tha same issue, as and when parts were available.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 01:34   #377
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,638 Times
Default Now overheating.....

Got the vehicle from autolinks close to 5pm, and started driving towards Noida. 2kms before Dhaula Kuan she overheats, temp guage shoots to top.
Shut down and call up Autolinks.
first they go to MG road instead of expressway. Finally they arrive.
Thermostat is kaput. It is not telling fan to switch on. they short the fan, and we drive to Autolinks Vasant Kunj.
Finally at 8pm I am ready to leave.

Injectors will come by tuesday hopefully, otherwise I will have to postpone this to feb as I have to be out of town for couple of weeks.
Hubs have been replaced, 10960 was the inovice, but its all under warranty. The safari EX logo was also replaced under warranty.

Pending items
1. Injectors, FIP to Common rail High pressure(HP) Pipe, Common rail to Injectors HP Pipe
2. Front and Rear anti roll bar bush(cause of that squeak)

After the thermostat, I wonder what will fail. Suddenly I feel a Scorpio 2.6 4x4 would have been a much better idea.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 01:40   #378
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

tanveer the list goes on and on. thats sad!
anyways wish her a speedy recovery.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 02:19   #379
BHPian
 
Shakensoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AS01
Posts: 492
Thanked: 221 Times
Default

Thats unfortunate. Don't you think its time to pull some strings or put your foot down ?
Shakensoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 07:32   #380
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 944 Times
Default

Hi Tanveer, Sorry to hear the issues with injectors/sensors.
Please escalate and get this out of the way. TATA replacing under FOC does not mean that it is waste of your time(translate into money) and effort(again money) and actual money you would spend to do all these futile transactions.

If I am not hijacking this thread, this has been the problem with the first Safari at my home(my grandads). The vehicle shall go for regular service and upon return(after paying a hefty bill) will start throwing most surprising problems sometimes heard!! TATA should strengthen their internal QA mechanism ASAP!! Cannot carry on like this!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 10:26   #381
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Got the vehicle from autolinks close to 5pm, and started driving towards Noida. 2kms before Dhaula Kuan she overheats, temp guage shoots to top.
Shut down and call up Autolinks.
first they go to MG road instead of expressway. Finally they arrive.
Thermostat is kaput. It is not telling fan to switch on. they short the fan, and we drive to Autolinks Vasant Kunj.
Finally at 8pm I am ready to leave.

After the thermostat, I wonder what will fail. Suddenly I feel a Scorpio 2.6 4x4 would have been a much better idea.
sorry to hear that mate. the list of issues is endless and if one is sorted out, the other pops out.

are you sure you were not handed a lemon?

its high time now that instead of doing ,
you should be doing this (to them).

anyways, you are lucky that these things are going kaput when your car is under warranty. i have heard that safaris give a lot of initial troubles, after which it is a smooth ride.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 10:32   #382
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,638 Times
Default

If after the injector replacement and suspension bush replacement anything new crops up, I will ask for a vehicle replacement.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 10:37   #383
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

This is really sad! One thing after another! Hope all of these get sorted out asap, for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
...After the thermostat, I wonder what will fail. Suddenly I feel a Scorpio 2.6 4x4 would have been a much better idea.
Ouch! If there is anyone from TATA reading this, they understand that they are the one's killing their own product by their incompetancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
...Please escalate and get this out of the way. TATA replacing under FOC does not mean that it is waste of your time(translate into money) and effort(again money) and actual money you would spend to do all these futile transactions...
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:24   #384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kolkata
Posts: 927
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

After the thermostat, I wonder what will fail. Suddenly I feel a Scorpio 2.6 4x4 would have been a much better idea.
I think I had suggested the Scorp over the Safari in tread before the buy.

I have been think about buying a Safari for some time now had seen a 4*4 TCIC modle which was 2002 and quoting 2.65k, just love the interior space, but my Machanic keeps putting me off, stating it's a white elephant, and something or the other keeps going wrong with it, he also statres the Scrop is much more reliable over the Safari, if at all I want to go in for one of the two, however keeps telling me to stick to my Amby Avigo, as it's a very good car I got second hand.

I don't want to sound sacarstic, I'm sure all the problems will be sorted out soon, just wanted to let you know I have been wanting a Safari for a long time as well, but people I trust have been putting me off from making that decision.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:38   #385
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,674
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default

After going to through the entire thread, I have a few points.

1) Earlier in this thread, there was talk about the tool kit when the need to check/replace the AC fuse came up. Well, I would like to say that now a days, the tool kit is a joke. I have seen that in many cars. Also if some small tool is conveniently provided, the quality is not good.

2) There was a lot of discussion about 4X4 components not being stocked either by Tata or Mahindra dealers. Well, the core is here why would there be a failure of such critical component in the first place ? The car is not very old car and has not covered a lot of kilometers.
And also I read that hrag ( rishi I think ) also has a same variety vehicle and his vehicle is capable of taking stress as compared to tsk1979's vehicle.

3) From the list of problems posted, I am sure there is something wrong with the car itself. Surely a defective car was delivered. Safari is known for niggling problems and a few squeaks and small parts replacement, but here the case is different. I wonder what is going on with tata.

4) Although I am not a person with authority to speak, I think its reasonable to ask for refund of money for the whole car + what you have spent for accessories, specially the bull bar to move buffalo and cow. Then go in for any new car.

5) Popular to disbelief, from what I have read, Scorpio does not have such a long list of problems and the nigglings problems are not so frequent with each and every car. Here the case of AC fuse is something a lot of people faced and IMO it deserved a recall to replace the fuse. Small thing I know, but the overall impact of that fuse blowing is not small.

6) I know comparing SUV to small car and mid size car is not the best comparison, but here I am comparing reliability.
Our M800 is about to complete 1lakh kms. CNG was insatalled couple of years back or so. No reliability issues have came up. If at all they came up, it was error from service guys, but all are related to body and chassis which after 16 years is showing age. After installation of CNG, overheating, etc came up, but those were sorted out and before that, no issues at all. Very reliable and this is a cheap car as we know.

Our Baleno is also one reliable car. No issues after 25K kms. Trips on bad roads and even on non existent highways those in MP were done, but not even a hint of problem.

So overall, Tata has again proved that it cannot produce reliable product at all and it will not introduce QC at any cost.

7) OT : Pardon my ignorance and I know I have no authority to speak, but IMO from the post No. 303 in this thread, IMO, a new thread about problems can be started. The initial pages are about the initial report.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 11th January 2009 at 11:41.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 11:53   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 244 Times
Default

On one hand we have Adc with the first Safari 2.2l delivery known in the forum and not even a niggle and then I see tsk's thread.

Noone else in this forum(out of more than 60 safari 2.2ltrs) have reported such levels of problem, its either a lemon or bad luck for this piece. :(
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 12:21   #387
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
On one hand we have Adc with the first Safari 2.2l delivery known in the forum and not even a niggle and then I see tsk's thread.

Noone else in this forum(out of more than 60 safari 2.2ltrs) have reported such levels of problem, its either a lemon or bad luck for this piece. :(
Dadu, with due respect, I would like to point out something which might be axiomatic but not readily obvious.
To each of us, the ONLY piece that matters is the one we own; the one we paid hard earned money for.
It is of no relevance, nor is it a consolation, what the experience has been for another owner of a similar car.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 12:22   #388
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

ADC had a 4x2 and TSK has 4x4.

Have not read so many issue's, as this, with other Safari's over here. Is it because TSK has the only 4x4 2.2l Safari here?

At least with the rest of the pack, the 4x2's, we have seen more or less similar issues.
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 13:25   #389
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
ADC had a 4x2 and TSK has 4x4.

Have not read so many issue's, as this, with other Safari's over here. Is it because TSK has the only 4x4 2.2l Safari here?

At least with the rest of the pack, the 4x2's, we have seen more or less similar issues.
While you could be right, do consider that some of the issues that Tanveer has pointed out are are not exclusive to the 4X4 variant.
These issues have not incapacitated the car anywhere yet. Also, Tanveer happens to be a highly discerning customer. Maybe some of these issues exist on other cars but are going unreported as they haven't been noticed? Or are being taken as unimportant and petty?
Just a thought ...... kindly excuse! Not trying to belittle anyone here!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2009, 17:45   #390
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I think I had suggested the Scorp over the Safari in tread before the buy.

I have been think about buying a Safari for some time now had seen a 4*4 TCIC modle which was 2002 and quoting 2.65k, just love the interior space, but my Machanic keeps putting me off, stating it's a white elephant, and something or the other keeps going wrong with it, he also statres the Scrop is much more reliable over the Safari, if at all I want to go in for one of the two, however keeps telling me to stick to my Amby Avigo, as it's a very good car I got second hand.

I don't want to sound sacarstic, I'm sure all the problems will be sorted out soon, just wanted to let you know I have been wanting a Safari for a long time as well, but people I trust have been putting me off from making that decision.
I don't know whether you trust me or not, but would tell you, stay away from the safari. Even if all the problems go away after injector replacement, I believe nobody should suffer the way I am suffering. I got to a lot of remote places, and suddenly, esp after overheating issue, my confidence is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
After going to through the entire thread, I have a few points.

1) Earlier in this thread, there was talk about the tool kit when the need to check/replace the AC fuse came up. Well, I would like to say that now a days, the tool kit is a joke. I have seen that in many cars. Also if some small tool is conveniently provided, the quality is not good.

2) There was a lot of discussion about 4X4 components not being stocked either by Tata or Mahindra dealers. Well, the core is here why would there be a failure of such critical component in the first place ? The car is not very old car and has not covered a lot of kilometers.
And also I read that hrag ( rishi I think ) also has a same variety vehicle and his vehicle is capable of taking stress as compared to tsk1979's vehicle.

3) From the list of problems posted, I am sure there is something wrong with the car itself. Surely a defective car was delivered. Safari is known for niggling problems and a few squeaks and small parts replacement, but here the case is different. I wonder what is going on with tata.

4) Although I am not a person with authority to speak, I think its reasonable to ask for refund of money for the whole car + what you have spent for accessories, specially the bull bar to move buffalo and cow. Then go in for any new car.

5) Popular to disbelief, from what I have read, Scorpio does not have such a long list of problems and the nigglings problems are not so frequent with each and every car. Here the case of AC fuse is something a lot of people faced and IMO it deserved a recall to replace the fuse. Small thing I know, but the overall impact of that fuse blowing is not small.

6) I know comparing SUV to small car and mid size car is not the best comparison, but here I am comparing reliability.
Our M800 is about to complete 1lakh kms. CNG was insatalled couple of years back or so. No reliability issues have came up. If at all they came up, it was error from service guys, but all are related to body and chassis which after 16 years is showing age. After installation of CNG, overheating, etc came up, but those were sorted out and before that, no issues at all. Very reliable and this is a cheap car as we know.

Our Baleno is also one reliable car. No issues after 25K kms. Trips on bad roads and even on non existent highways those in MP were done, but not even a hint of problem.

So overall, Tata has again proved that it cannot produce reliable product at all and it will not introduce QC at any cost.

7) OT : Pardon my ignorance and I know I have no authority to speak, but IMO from the post No. 303 in this thread, IMO, a new thread about problems can be started. The initial pages are about the initial report.
Well I don't think a new thread is really needed, since its about the ownership report, however if I do go to court, then it will be a new thread.

As for refund or new vehicle, I don't think courts will be on my side now, as Tata is replacing all parts which are found faulty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
On one hand we have Adc with the first Safari 2.2l delivery known in the forum and not even a niggle and then I see tsk's thread.

Noone else in this forum(out of more than 60 safari 2.2ltrs) have reported such levels of problem, its either a lemon or bad luck for this piece. :(
adc's is the only safari on this forum which does not have a problem. Some have small problems, some have large problems like turbo failure, but all have a problem.
In a more decent country, this would have made a nice class action suit, and we would all have walked happily to the bank.
Heck every safari I know about has blown its AC fuse. Why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Dadu, with due respect, I would like to point out something which might be axiomatic but not readily obvious.
To each of us, the ONLY piece that matters is the one we own; the one we paid hard earned money for.
It is of no relevance, nor is it a consolation, what the experience has been for another owner of a similar car.
Exactly. I have not recieved a single call from Tata to explain to me why should I trust this vehicle any more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
ADC had a 4x2 and TSK has 4x4.

Have not read so many issue's, as this, with other Safari's over here. Is it because TSK has the only 4x4 2.2l Safari here?

At least with the rest of the pack, the 4x2's, we have seen more or less similar issues.
Only one 4x4 related issue in my safari, rest all is general


Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
While you could be right, do consider that some of the issues that Tanveer has pointed out are are not exclusive to the 4X4 variant.
These issues have not incapacitated the car anywhere yet. Also, Tanveer happens to be a highly discerning customer. Maybe some of these issues exist on other cars but are going unreported as they haven't been noticed? Or are being taken as unimportant and petty?
Just a thought ...... kindly excuse! Not trying to belittle anyone here!
Incapacitated....! Well I was stranded with an overheating engine at Dhaula Kuan. What if it had been midnight on a lonely highway.


Meanwhile, another safari as come to autolinks with the injector issue. Looks like a bad batch. So if you have May 2008 manufactured vehicle, do this.
Take her to 2100rpm in 5th gear, and then leave acc. and let her coast till rpm drops to 1200 or so, see if service light comes up
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14 SushilBajpai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 281 8th December 2016 16:08
4x4 Power, My Skoda Yeti Elegance. UPDATE: 63k kms up on page 6 Akshay1234 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 91 8th December 2016 01:11
Jonga 4x4 or M&M Jeep CJ3B 4x4 gd1418 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 49 24th May 2013 13:57
Black Storm-Safari GX 4x4. EDIT : 70k Kms update Lukeskywalker Long-Term Ownership Reviews 49 6th May 2013 16:58
Opinion wanted - Dicor VX 4X4 vs Endeavour XLT 4X4...updated Now Booked Dicor VX 4X suman SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 80 1st April 2009 14:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks