| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|30th July 2008, 12:38||#77|
Meanwhile there are 4 issues which I need some advice on
1. Right Fog lamp has moisture inside. Is it normal? Even after using the lights for 30 minutes, the moisture did not go away?
2. On digital information display has a mode button for switching from TripA -> TripB -> Temp etc., When I set it to temperature, it comes back to Trip A within a few seconds. Is this a bug or a feature.
3. As I mentioned earlier what I thought was a AC compressor problem(turning off at idle on throttle input) turned out to be a feature. At narrow parkings where you have to go back and forth quite a bit, a lot of throttle blipping is needed. Won't this shorten the life of the compressor clutch?
4. I upshift at around 2000rpm. i.e
1-2@20kmph (Max runin speed 20kmph)
2-3@35kmph (Max runin speed 40)
3-4@55kmph(Max runin speed 65)
4-5@70kmph(Max runin speed 80)
IS this the best or do I need to change. Indica has a completely different torque curve and power characteristics, and this is the first time we have purchased a safari like vehicle. Please suggest optimum speeds for best FE and life of clutch etc.,
|30th July 2008, 13:01||#78|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 257 Times
|30th July 2008, 13:06||#79|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
2. Feature. The display will never remain at the temp mode for more than a few seconds. The one difference I have found between the manual and the vehicle is that the display goes blank when I take the key out (manual says display remains with key out).
3. For the situation you have mentioned, why do you need to blip the throttle? No offense meant, but this looks like an Indica NA diesel hangover. Please try using just the clutch and see.
4. Please check what rpm the speeds given on page 77 correspond to. I recommend sticking to and shifting up only at those rpms during running in. Even at the cost of FE.
After running in, please stick to the upshift and downshift speeds on page 78. You'll have to find out what rpm these correspond to but its worth the effort.
Unlike the Indica NA diesel, you'll find that a gentle caress on the accelerator pedal is enough.
Hope this helps.
P.S. All page number references from
|30th July 2008, 13:14||#80|
I am actually upshifting at 5kmph lower than mentioned. I know going higher is not a good idea, but what about lower? I have seen that she picks up speed in 5th gear from 1500rpm. The low end torque is fabolus.
I checked speed-rpm ratios, and it appears that the top rpm for running in is 2500. So I am sticking to that. I think I will change gears at 2200rpm, it seems the best method
As for blipping, yes its indica hangover. In indica if I don't do that the car will stall. The safari can putter along in idle without issues.
I have also noticed that I have become a much more defensive driver and I am giving way to ricks/autos etc., Isn't it supposed to be th other way round?
|30th July 2008, 13:22||#81|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2007
Thanked: 128 Times
|30th July 2008, 13:23||#82|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 235 Times
|30th July 2008, 14:07||#84|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Thanked: 4,315 Times
Try avoiding the blipping -it should not be required. Also, 5 below recommeded gear change speeds is what I am following. This way, I am at leat close to the power-band at all times, even when gears are just engaged during up-shifts. Has been working for me very well.
Last edited by condor : 30th July 2008 at 14:10.
|31st July 2008, 10:24||#89|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 6 Times
I have had this driver's glass rattle since day one and they have'nt been able to so anything yet.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14||SushilBajpai||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||281||8th December 2016 16:08|
|4x4 Power, My Skoda Yeti Elegance. UPDATE: 63k kms up on page 6||Akshay1234||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||91||8th December 2016 01:11|
|Jonga 4x4 or M&M Jeep CJ3B 4x4||gd1418||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||49||24th May 2013 13:57|
|Black Storm-Safari GX 4x4. EDIT : 70k Kms update||Lukeskywalker||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||49||6th May 2013 16:58|
|Opinion wanted - Dicor VX 4X4 vs Endeavour XLT 4X4...updated Now Booked Dicor VX 4X||suman||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||80||1st April 2009 14:11|