Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 13:45   #16
BHPian
 
balaji_n29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@DieselFan: I do not know more than Maruti as you think. I take it as a complement and thank you :-).

Coming to the topic, I am stating what the dealer informed me.
Certainly, you or me won't be knowing more than them. Right?

Secondly, nowhere in the manual does it says that the service interval 10K kms. The only piece of info that is there in the manual is the last set of record keeping info wherein the service station logs in the service records. In order to keep the manual short only intervals at 10K are given an entry. Does this mean that the 4th service is at 20K kms. I don't think so.

If DieselFan has info more than this in his manual, please scan your manual and post in this topic.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 13:59   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 425 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Does this mean that the 4th service is at 20K kms. I don't think so.
After my third service, S.K.Wheels put up a sticker saying the next service is due at 15,000kms or x months. I took the car to them at 14,9xx kms and told them to service it and the service advisor asked me why I want to service the car now when the next service is due at 20K! I opened the manual and it said next service at 20K kms. I don't know why S.K. put up the 15K service sticker though.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2008, 14:06   #18
BHPian
 
balaji_n29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@amit, Thanks for your clarification. I also have a sticker in my car which says the next service at 15K. I am totally confused now.
balaji_n29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2008, 10:13   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 981
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Gentlemen, Maruti petrol cars, after 10,000 kms, require a full service (oil and filters) every 10 k kms. If your driving is under severe conditions, dusty roads, stop and go traffic, short rides which do not allow the engine to achieve optimum temperature (short meaning less than 30 minutes), then it's advisable to have a service every 5k kms, otherwise stick to 10k kms.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 10:09   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
DineshKanna,
Is the 4th service due at 15000 Km. I believe the car has 10 k service intervals after the first 3 free services.
rajneeesh,

Sorry for the late reply. Acutally the 4th service is due at 20000 Km. But i wanted to change my engine oil to synthetic oil, so i thought i better do the complete service.

Following are done in the 15000 Km service,
1) Engine flush and engine oil change (Since i am changing to Synthetic oil i need to do an engine flush before that).
2) Front and Rear Brakes are cleaned.
3) All the Spark plugs are cleaned.
4) Water servicing.
DineshKanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 23:15   #21
BHPian
 
shock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Anybody tell me about gear oil change interval for sx4. Also if anyone already changed it, what oil you have used? I am going for my 3rd service now. car has clocked 19k by now.
shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 10:33   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default

Shock, the oil change interval is 10K Km. Go in for Idemitsu semi synthetic. It is used by MSIL in therir workshops.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 11:13   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
Anybody tell me about gear oil change interval for sx4. Also if anyone already changed it, what oil you have used? I am going for my 3rd service now. car has clocked 19k by now.
Gear oil change interval is 22.5K as far as I can recollect. I do not have SX4 manual with me to verify. Please look at the manual and it will be given in the preventive maintenance schedule towards the end of the manual.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 16:31   #24
Untouchables09
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nice review spetnaz & a very good choice of a true VFM car

Keep those revvs high !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:30   #25
BHPian
 
Atul-C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
rajneeesh,

Sorry for the late reply. Acutally the 4th service is due at 20000 Km. But i wanted to change my engine oil to synthetic oil, so i thought i better do the complete service.

Following are done in the 15000 Km service,
1) Engine flush and engine oil change (Since i am changing to Synthetic oil i need to do an engine flush before that).
2) Front and Rear Brakes are cleaned.
3) All the Spark plugs are cleaned.
4) Water servicing.

Thanks for clarifying. I got confused while reading this thread. My SX4 is reading 18K and I was planning to go for servicing at 20K because that was I though mentioned in the manual.

I have to get the left front door checked as it is definitly making more sound while closing it. Also there is some ratteling sound somewhere which I am unable to find. Also milage is gone down a little. Earlier I was getting 12 in city. Now it is around 10.

On highway, I got the milage of 13-14 when I travelled to Chennai. I was able to touch 140KMPH for 10 seconds but had to come down because I started getting bashed by my wife for driving so fast. Though most of the time on highway I travelled between 110-120KMPH.

Last edited by Atul-C : 23rd October 2009 at 17:35. Reason: Posting within 5 minutes.
Atul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 10:48   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 204
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

A very nice ownership report indeed. After 3-3.5 yrs of driving SX4 , I have felt my first bit of problems with its heavy clutch and lethargic pickup despite the car having been for its service. Its only done 16500 Km.

I don't know if its due to my other car being quite responsive or Sx4 aging a bit. I remember doing 140 was a breeze on expressway but now it struggles to reach 110-120.

Ive been getting 10-11kmpl in city traffic and 13-14 on highways blasts which is acceptable.
hondacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 22:23   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
A very nice ownership report indeed. After 3-3.5 yrs of driving SX4 , I have felt my first bit of problems with its heavy clutch and lethargic pickup despite the car having been for its service. Its only done 16500 Km.

I don't know if its due to my other car being quite responsive or Sx4 aging a bit. I remember doing 140 was a breeze on expressway but now it struggles to reach 110-120.

Ive been getting 10-11kmpl in city traffic and 13-14 on highways blasts which is acceptable.

Please have your car checked. My 2.5 yr old SX4 ( 27.7 K) pulls cleanly. Last week I did the 270 KM Noida - Chandigarh trip in 3 hrs 40 min flat including 3 toll plaza stops and 1 refuelling halt. The car did 150 without breaking a sweat and was very stable. My father on the co driver's seat was under the impression that we were travelling at 100 KPH
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 05:52   #28
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
After my third service, S.K.Wheels put up a sticker saying the next service is due at 15,000kms or x months. I took the car to them at 14,9xx kms and told them to service it and the service advisor asked me why I want to service the car now when the next service is due at 20K! I opened the manual and it said next service at 20K kms. I don't know why S.K. put up the 15K service sticker though.
Every 5000 km, its is better to get it checked, proper under body washing and also do a tyre rotation. This is what I do. Every 10000km, do the service as per the manual.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 05:56   #29
BHPian
 
sarinkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 164
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Please have your car checked. My 2.5 yr old SX4 ( 27.7 K) pulls cleanly. Last week I did the 270 KM Noida - Chandigarh trip in 3 hrs 40 min flat including 3 toll plaza stops and 1 refuelling halt. The car did 150 without breaking a sweat and was very stable. My father on the co driver's seat was under the impression that we were travelling at 100 KPH
Same here. My car is also 2.5 years and three weeks back, I did Bangalore - Goa trip. I could cover 670km in 8.5 hours and most of the time I was driving 120km/hr. The initial pulling is a problem as there is a time lag. Even i don't know why it is like that.
Regards,
Sarin
sarinkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 09:49   #30
BHPian
 
gavinimurthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AP-!6
Posts: 161
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Poor pick up generally means clogged air filter. It is better to get any car serviced once in a month, particularly in coastal/dusty areas. The general service includes washing the body as well as underside of the car, cleaning the engine bay, low pressure washing of the a/c condenser, and general interior cleaning. Other than that all the oil levels are checked, air filter cleaned and tuning done if required.

This may cost between Rs.250/- to Rs 400/- depending on the town/city you live in and the amount is well spent. It will ensure that your car will be trouble free for a long time and won't suddenly surprise you.

The other mandatory requirement is to rotate the tyres every 5000 Kms, in a proper way. The procedure is mentioned in the manual. Many of us neglect doing this resulting in uneven tyre ware. All these are mentioned in the manuals.

Read the manual thoroughly from cover to cover atleast once and follow the instructions to ensure trouble free performance. I know many of us are too lazy to read the manual.

Murthy
gavinimurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37
New SX4 VXi vs. 2005 Honda City GXi ?? - SX4 NPV is higher!! complexroots Sedans 13 10th November 2008 20:58
SX4 Petrol / SX4 Diesel (To be launched) / NHC VTEC+ / NNHC (To be launched) ? autoenthusiast Sedans 24 19th June 2008 18:24
SX4 Zxi 10,000 KM Report randomgyan Long-Term Ownership Reviews 37 30th April 2008 10:01
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks