| || |
|LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th August 2008, 10:15||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Toyota Innova V, 40,000 kms report:
hi friends, acquired this silver innova V in may 2006. till now, clocked only 40,000 kms. her i would like to share its experience:
+ fantastic cabin with top quality materials and adequate space even in the 3rd row for 6 footers like us.
+ excellents HVAC, chills to no extent!
+ very good ride and handling. bit i feel the ride would have improved with bigger tyres as these puny tyres tend to follow every small crater on road.
+ toyota service is the best i have experienced so far. good behaviour by the staff, they listen to our problems patiently, get the job done efficintly and on-time delivery.
+ standard ICE is very good enough.
+ gear shift long but precise.
- engine response and performance is not good. very jerky power delivery and noisy too. maybe because the other cars i drive is a scorpio mHAWK and safari VTT. not fun to drive.
- seat base makes noise and dashboard rattles inspite of the fact that it has never seen rough roads.
- average FE: 8 kmpl in city and 12 on the highways
- a glitch in toyota's service was when the car was to be washed after the 40,000 kms service, the pressure wash was done in such a way that it peeled off the side stripes/stickers of my car (which is a toyota product bought from the showroom itself) and also a part of my sun film! when asked about it, they said its ok, happens some times! BAD...
* windshield had a huge crack when the car was parked in the garage. nobody knows how. toyota replaced it under warranty even though out insurance was passed. good.
* accident work is expensive. a small dent in the boot door cost me 10,000 bugs. and a touch up job in the front bumper cost me 7000!
* front fog lamps stopped working.
* no others issues in my 2 years of pleasnt experience.
overall, i am very happy with this toyota product. cheers:
|25th August 2008, 17:22||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 26 Times
Honest Review Raj, I do agree your most of the points. It sounds like you own Diesel Innova and I feel you should get more FE than you have mentioned at least 1 or 2 kmpl more. Anyway it depends on road/driving condition.
How is your tyre condition?
Fog lamp stopped working might be because of high speed water which they splashed and wire cut or connection broke.
I can see although they delay a bit work quality at toyota service centre is excellant.
|25th August 2008, 17:25||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 16,258 Times
Great report. Do keep updating as the kilometers add up.
|25th August 2008, 19:28||#4|
Senior - BHPian
the tyres are in very good condition. as i said, it has rarely seen rough roads. looks like it will go more 20 Ks.
i agree, the toyota quality of work is superb.
|25th August 2008, 21:41||#5|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 1,630 Times
|25th August 2008, 22:00||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 0 Times
Very good review Raj, you already mentioned about Innovas ride quality, I also own one & dont feel the ride to be comfortable, bumps & potholes are jarring inside. How do you compare ride quality of the 3 : Innova, Scorpio & Safari? Alright everyone knows Safaris is the best , but where does Innova stand.
Also as you own all 3, can you give comparitive fuel efficiency figures?
|25th August 2008, 23:18||#7|
Senior - BHPian
confusion due to grammatic error!
i meant: " and i use normal diesel as toyota suggested and not the premium ones." good that you are getting 9 kmpl buddy, but i am consistently getting 8 kmpl from day 1.
so in the overall analysis, safari comes first, innova is second and scorpio is third.
FE figures in kmpl: city/highway:
innova 2.5: 8/12
safari 2.2: 8.5/13
scorpio 2.2: 9.5/13
these are average figures.
|27th August 2008, 00:10||#8|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pune - India
Thanked: 11 Times
good points covered here and I completely agree with Raj here, on the other hand during wash if the fog lamp wire got disconnected, how did the technicians miss it during service, as they check working of all lights, very unlike toyota
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Toyota Etios Diesel VD Ownership Report EDIT : Now at 30,000 kms||amalji||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||204||10th June 2013 13:23|
|Logan 1.4 1500km report EDIT: now 40,000 kms||ashutoshb||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||192||21st July 2012 14:04|
|15,000 kms report of Toyota Innova Vx - 8 Seater||RSimonS||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||3||20th November 2010 19:21|
|40,000 kms on my Accent GLE||adarsh76||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||11||1st June 2009 12:44|
|Queries: Mobil 1 in the OHC at 40,000 kms and other things||Dippy||Technical Stuff||28||30th June 2007 09:05|