Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 22nd October 2010, 15:44   #16

Travelogue by my wife:

Although I have traveled quite a lot, trying to write about my travel experience for the first time…

My weekend was dedicated to different Pujas and an engagement of one of my friends. Trip was decided on Sunday 10th Oct 2010 to Aurangabad (250 Kms from Pune) to one of my relatives for Navratri Puja. It was decided to take our mighty Honda City. Four of us and the driver were going to join on board. It was going to be quite hectic journey being 3 people sitting at back. But it was still going to be easier than traveling in our recently bought second hand Santro Xing AT.

After a tiring day and traveling across the city on Saturday evening, woke up SUNDAY early morning and was ready at 5am sharp to be on wheels for the rest of the day (I am never ready on time normally, but this was an exception). We had to reach the relative’s place by 10 am for that Puja. To add to our frustration of getting up early, the driver arrived at our home complete 70 minutes late and that made our start of the journey very nerving. Left our place at 6.10 am and headed towards Nagar road to leave Pune. After just half a km some noise was audible from left tyre (rear). Had to stop twice to find out what could be the exact reason behind it, but could not make it out as there was no visible damage on the brand new tyres. But 2-3 Kms later the noise was gone, so we concluded that it might be some stone stuck in the tyre. Finally the journey proceeded smoothly and continued with no hassles till we reached our destination.

To reach Aurangabad we had estimated about 4.5 to 5 hours travel. Left Pune passing through city outskirts like Chandannagar, Vagholi, etc. The roads were quite good and almost 80% four lane road. The driver made up for his 1 hour late arrival by hitting at the speed of 100-120 km/h most of the times. Shikrapur-Ranjangaon-Shirur-Supa were some of the major villages which came across. Further we decided to stop for a while for tea/coffee at the famous Smile Stone Restaurant at Kamargaon (approx. 100 kms. From Pune, 20 Kms. before Ahmednagar). After 20 minutes halt at Smile Stone we started with the journey further passing through Kedgaon, by-passing Ahmednagar City, through Ghodegaon, Limbe-Jalgaon, Valuj and finally managed to reach Aurangabad. Once you enter the city, the roads start falling short of space due to heavy traffic and single lane as the construction work going on. (Something more about Aurangabad).

Reached the relative’s place at 10:30 am, took part in the Puja (practically speaking, got done my own Puja). Left from their place with an intension to have food outside, but that happened to be the start of our return journey. The relative decided the venue thinking about our convenience to get out of the city easily. So they took us to a nice Dhaba – named Ludhiana Dhaba. Although the ambience is not so good, the food was very tasty. Vegetarians enjoyed Kaju curry, Paneer Masala and Alu Gobhi Masala, whereas non-veg eaters enjoyed finger licking Ludhiana Special Chicken Handi. The Lassi later served as the dessert. The food was bit spicy; hence lassi cooled us later completing the lunch. This Dhaba is situated in Waluj (nearly 15-16 Kms. towards Ahmednagar from the main city of Aurangabad). After lunch, both the families bid a bye to each other and we started on our way back to Pune at 15:50 pm. Again we had a small halt at Smile Stone at around 17.30 pm to relax our crumbled bodies a bit. Bodies had now started aching due to very limited to almost no space to move any part of the body. Driver was now at a relaxed speed of around 80 km/h while returning as we did not have any time constraint. Yet we reached Pune (our home) at 20:30 pm.

The reason behind calling our Honda City ‘mighty’ was that it gave us an impeccable mileage of almost 15.5 Km/Liter for this trip. Other costs for the trip included the 6 toll booths which demanded from us approx 220 INR as return toll tickets.

Me: This writeup was an afterthought. So no photos etc. :(

Last edited by subscrive : 22nd October 2010 at 15:54.
subscrive is offline   Reply With Quote