Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th August 2008, 13:29   #1
BHPian

Default Santro Xing XL 10,000Kms report

"Santro Wale hai Hum, First Car First Choice" I guess this rings a bell in many people's ears who own a Santro.

Hyundai Santro had been my only choice when I first thought about buying a car. The reason being that there were about 5 santro users in my extended family who had given me excellent reviews.

On March 5th 2007 I went ahead and booked a Test Drive for Hyundai Santro through Advaith Hyundai Residency Road, Bangalore. On the same day I paid a token advance and booked my Santro Xing XL Model.

My brother is about 6ft, so I had considered Getz as well because of a more roomier leg space however didn't opt for it because of lower FE when compared to Santro and also didn't know anybody who had prior experience with Getz. Now my brother in law coincidentally owns a Getz and guess what the same color "passion red".

I took delivery of the vehicle on March 17th 2007, in the span of 12 days I had visited the showroom twice, selected Passion Red color and opted for accessories such as ICE (Pioneer 2900MP, Pioneer TS 1640 R, TSG 411), Body colored Bumper Painting (since its not standard on XING XL), ART leather seat covers, Steering Leather and so on.

Its been nearly 20 months now and just more than 10,000KM with my Santro and its been a smooth journey.

I had a smaller hair line scratch the very next day I owned the car due to an error while reversing the car, got it removed during first service with Advaith Rajajinagar Service center, I also had a dent in the running board (front left) when I ran into a pothole at a fair speed.

Apart from the above two which were off course my errors during my initial driving days there has been no serious maintenance cost involved.

I had got UCC (Under CHASIS COATING) done @ the Service center during Second free service, had paid about 3K.

I have done a few long runs in my Santro, North Karnataka Trip(documented in Travellogues), a few trips to Mysore and near abouts Bangalore and had no issues at all.

FE is about 13-15 in City with mixed A/C, on Highways have got upto 22KM (yes 22KM/L). I use only SHELL SUPER UNLEADED FUEL, no other FUEL has gone into my car till date.

Recently had alloys (NEO 13") and MICHELIN XM1 installed and also a stock K & N installed.

Wish to spend many many more years with my Santro.

Coming to ride comfort I guess its a bit bumpy @ the rear however @ the front it is super.

Planning to shift to Synthetic during the next service interval.

Service from Hyundai has been nothing less than commendable, after every service get a feedback call from Hyundai Gurgaon & Advaith Bangalore.

Advaith has been very receptive to Service and I would recommend Advaith to all my friends and Family.

All in all its been a great experience buying and owning this car, hopefully the relationship builds on for the next years to come.

Thanks,
Rajiv
rajiv.kulkarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 12:00   #2
BHPian

Default Completed 20000 KM on my Santro

It had taken me quite a long time to complete 10,000 KM on my Santro.

10,000 KM- March 2007 to Aug 2008.

10,000KM - Aug 08 - March 09.

Well if you look at the above stats, its quite the same time, however to me it appears that the second half was quicker. May be because I am driving a lot.

Anyways coming back to the main topic, 20K Kms is done on my Santro. Though my speedometer says about 5,600 that is because it was reset when it reached 15K Kms due to an issue with the trip meter.

The only part replaced on my Santro in 20K kms has been the faulty tripmeter, Unfortunately the whole unit (front meter assembly) had to be replaced as only tripmeter replacement is unavailable now.

I am very happy with the performance and the returns obtained on my Santro, I am thinking of upgrading to a City or Verna as my family is getting bigger now .

I have a dog and a new member will be added to my family soon.

I have to make a choice between City and Verna, i didn't find any other sedans appealing or within my budget.

I still have time and may be next year i'll consider upgrading.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 1st October 2010, 20:57   #3
BHPian

Default Santro 50K report

Hi,

If you look at my below report which was written in March 2009, my car had only done about 20K Kms in about 2 years time. Now after about 3 years my car has done about 50K Kms and continues to be in top shape (touchwood).

I did not opt for Synthetic somehow, thought about upgrading, got slowed down by recession. I am planning some minor upgrades for my Santro, don't know how she'd respond to it ( she is my car not my wife [:d]).

Hoping to do 1L with my baby.

Thanks,
Rajiv
Old 1st October 2010, 22:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
Hi,

If you look at my below report which was written in March 2009, my car had only done about 20K Kms in about 2 years time. Now after about 3 years my car has done about 50K Kms and continues to be in top shape (touchwood).

I did not opt for Synthetic somehow, thought about upgrading, got slowed down by recession. I am planning some minor upgrades for my Santro, don't know how she'd respond to it ( she is my car not my wife [:d]).

Hoping to do 1L with my baby.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Three posts spanning over two years and no replies?

Quite a jump in the running from the last year!!

Wishing you many more happy miles with her. And 1L on Santro? She does it without a fuss
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 23:01   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Santro Xing XL 80,000Kms report

My santro is close to 80K kms old now. she has rendered excellent service in the 6 years since we brought her. Recently decided to move on to a Sedan, have shortlisted Tata Manza Club class (EX variant), would still keep the Santro for wifey to drive on.

At the 80K Kms, got the following changed

4 x spark plugs changed
2 x front speakers changed
gear oil changed
engine oil changed
Timing Belt changed as per 80KM routine

Total cost came around 7K including speakers.

I am planning a long drive to Dharwad and Hubli in the month of May, if the TATA Manza arrives on time will travel in that else SANTRO is ready for a long drive.

Hope this fun continues...