Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th September 2008, 13:18   #16
BHPian

Get it done outside, even if it's to be re-painted, will cost a whole less than the official "robbers".
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2008, 14:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran View Post
This is the damage to the bumper, and there is a shot of some scratches that were put by a tractor tire when it scratched against the rear door.
I think those scratch will go after polishing .... try it, might work
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 11:48   #18
BHPian

Default Noise in first gear

Hi all,

Looking for some clues on a noise I'm hearing.

When moving from still in first gear, or in second (especially after going over a speed breaker), I'm hearing a noise from the engine. This noise is absent in higher gears, and is usually less if I increase the RPM after changing the gear. It goes away in gears 1 and 2 once I increase the RPM.

The sound is somewhat like a sound one hears when lugging a car. There is no noise on idle, so I think this may not be a belt noise.

I would like some help with this, so that I can go to the service center prepared.

The car was last serviced some 6 months ago with oil change, and wash.

TIA,
Simran
simran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 14:28   #19
BHPian

An update if anyone is interested. A search threw up the following:

1. Throwout Bearing needs replacement
2. Exhaust might be making this noise by rubbing against something at low rpms
3. Petrol might be the culprit

I did change the pump lately, so will try going back to my original pump. Will also try to see if the exhaust is ok, since I did hit a nasty speed breaker some days ago.

Hope don't have to look at point no 1!

Will update this thread.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
An update if anyone is interested. A search threw up the following:

2. Exhaust might be making this noise by rubbing against something at low rpms
Will also try to see if the exhaust is ok, since I did hit a nasty speed breaker some days ago.

Hope don't have to look at point no 1!

Will update this thread.
There you go, check the exhaust pipe fitting first. Better to take to the service center, mechanic should be able to tell you what the issue it - mostly culprit should be exhaust.

Look at the possibility of repairing it, honda showroom guys might ask you to replace the exaust pipe (entirely) and that would cost you dearly - try possibility of repairing...
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2010, 13:48   #21
BHPian

Sorry for bumping on this one. I just like to know the status of car at present. How many KM has it been driven and what are the major issues you have faced and which parts have been replaced. Since I am thinking to buy Second Hand NHC.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 18:28   #22
BHPian

Default Re: Noise in first gear

Hi all,

I had gone to the service center, and was told this is nothing to worry about, and the noise went away, but has re-surfaced, and is increasing now.

I have seen that if the pressure in the left front tyre is less, the noise is more pronounced, and if the pressure is Ok, there is less or no noise. With less pressure and in lower gears (1 and 2), on inclines without accelerator input, there is an audible noise that goes churrrrr

I am planning to show to the service center again. If someone can help with suggestions on what might be the problem, it'll be a great help to explain it to them so that it can be corrected.

On the other query above, the car has done close to 30000 kms, and apart from this noise, things have been ok with regular servicing. some minor rattles have developed, but I guess that happens as the cars age.

TIA,
Simran

Quote:
Hi all,

Looking for some clues on a noise I'm hearing.

When moving from still in first gear, or in second (especially after going over a speed breaker), I'm hearing a noise from the engine. This noise is absent in higher gears, and is usually less if I increase the RPM after changing the gear. It goes away in gears 1 and 2 once I increase the RPM.

The sound is somewhat like a sound one hears when lugging a car. There is no noise on idle, so I think this may not be a belt noise.

I would like some help with this, so that I can go to the service center prepared.

The car was last serviced some 6 months ago with oil change, and wash.

TIA,
Simran
Old 10th March 2011, 16:54   #23
BHPian

Default Re: Honda City 10000 km report EDIT: Now 30,000 kms

A quick update on the issue - I am having trouble with starting (dies after cranking the first time sometimes, and then cranks ok after waiting for a few seconds) for which I'll need to replace the battery.

While checking, the chap tightened the battery, and the noise has disappeared.

Now am in a hunt for a new battery. Will probably go for Tata Green.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:14   #24
BHPian

A quick update.

The car has done close to 40000kms now. The body has multiple dents and it was rear-ended a couple of days ago, which led to damage to the boot, bumper, LH and RH quarter panels, and the tail-lights. Total damage is in the vicinity of Rs. 43000. Passengers are safe, and thank God for that.

I am planning to have the other parts of the car painted as well. The surveyor has to come and give a go-ahead. Since this is an older car, I will have to shell out quite a few greenbacks from my own pocket.

Otherwise the car is running normally.

Another thing I feel is that with good tyres and brakes, we tend to drive more aggressively. The guy behind you many not have that kind of hardware on the road. So its better to have even more distance between you and the car in front. That gives more time to brake and avoid this kind of kharcha.

On the other issues, the battery has solved the problems. Also, the HASS tighted some engine nuts and the shuddering noise went away.

Last edited by simran : 7th May 2012 at 16:16.
Old 8th May 2012, 16:09   #25
BHPian

Another quick update.

My car was rear-ended and the rear bumper went in, and the tail lights came out from the sides. The boot was not closing properly as well.

I took the car to Tune up plus at Balewadi, near Baner.

He was quite patient, and did the re-fitting of the bumper and other parts for Rs. 3100.

The result is ok. The boot closes now, but with some force, and there are some panel gaps and fitting of the bumper is not 100% perfect, but I am fine with that. I did not have to get the re-painting done, and the car was available after 5-6 hrs.

I think he understood what I wanted very well, and gave me a solution accordingly.

I would recommend this garage.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:36   #26
BANNED

Hi guys.. I drive a 3rd Gen IVTEC Honda city. Went for servicing recently at 4 years 35k kms. I was advised to change my wheel bearing. And it would cost ~9k INR. can someone advise if i need to change it, and how much should it cost ? Also a few Qs
1. has Honda service cost increased recently ?
2. Should I have opted for Synthetic engine oil instead of normal oil ?
siddutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 17:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Hi guys.. I drive a 3rd Gen IVTEC Honda city. Went for servicing recently at 4 years 35k kms. I was advised to change my wheel bearing. And it would cost ~9k INR. can someone advise if i need to change it, and how much should it cost ? Also a few Qs
1. has Honda service cost increased recently ?
2. Should I have opted for Synthetic engine oil instead of normal oil ?
Take another opinion for the wheel bearings. 35k is too low for bearings to go out. If they indeed need changing try after market NOK ones they will be much cheaper.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote